PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland deserves its own birthday party! YES

Subsonic
05-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Disneyland deserves its own birthday party, with real presents, and without having to share any glory with any other Disney theme park.

I'm assuming that the other resorts are getting new attractions for Disneyland's 50th.

I understand they wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Disneyland. This is all the more reason to put all that money into Disneyland. I don't ask for presents when I'm celebrating a friend's birthday. Why, oh why, can't upper management listen to us and care about creating quality attractions at DLR? :confused:

Ghoulish Delight
05-17-2004, 02:05 PM
It's not so much that the other parks are getting more than Disneyland. What bothered me was the focus. At the announcement event, 90% of the presentaion was about anything but Disneyland. And, I wouldn't be surprised if the ensuing advertising campaign will have a similar focus. It's just symptematic of the ridiculous circular ill-logic in the company. "We don't spend money on Disneyland because it doesn't bring as much money in." Well, guess what. It takes spending money to generate new revenue sources. Cutting costs and advertising everything else is NOT an effective long-term profit strategy.

innerSpaceman
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure what advertising campaign you are worried about. The only national theme park advertising Disney does is for WDW, and I can hardly envision any 'come celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary with a trip to DisneyWorld' advertising.

The vast majority of Disney theme park advertising is local. And again, I can hardly imagine any 'come celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary with a trip to Parc Disneyland' being used in France, or similar stuff appearing in Florida, Hong Kong, or Tokyo newspapers. In the odd event that it did, we here in California would not be subjected to the displeasure of seeing it.

It's one thing to promote DisneyWorld for Walt's Birthday, but it would be too absurd even for Disney to advertise other parks using Disneyland's 50th as the gimmick.

Subsonic
05-17-2004, 02:46 PM
It's one thing to promote DisneyWorld for Walt's Birthday, but it would be too absurd even for Disney to advertise other parks using Disneyland's 50th as the gimmick.
Isn't this exactly what they are doing? Am I wrong?

Ghoulish Delight
05-17-2004, 03:07 PM
It's one thing to promote DisneyWorld for Walt's Birthday, but it would be too absurd even for Disney to advertise other parks using Disneyland's 50th as the gimmick.And yet....

SoCalDisneyLover
05-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Isn't this exactly what they are doing? Am I wrong?

No...you're Absolutely 100% Correct.

innerSpaceman
05-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Ok, has anyone seen any advertisements for DisneyWorld that prompt guests to visit the Florida resort in order to celebrate Disneyland's 50th anniversary?

Despite the nature of the presentation at Disneyland last week, have there been any actual advertising materials or spots such as I've described in the paragraph above?

Ghoulish Delight
05-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Ok, has anyone seen any advertisements for DisneyWorld that prompt guests to visit the Florida resort in order to celebrate Disneyland's 50th anniversary?

Despite the nature of the presentation at Disneyland last week, have there been any actual advertising materials or spots such as I've described in the paragraph above?There haven't been any Disneyland 50th advertisement either. The campaign hasn't started. But if the presentation is any indication, that's exactly the direction they are going. It reamins to be seen, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

05-17-2004, 03:47 PM
I can hardly envision any 'come celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary with a trip to DisneyWorld' advertising.

We'll see. I predict a fun-in-the-sun/celebrate the 50th WDW ad blitz in the Midwest, South, and East Coast come October.

Disney Vault
05-17-2004, 06:00 PM
They could advertise for wdw by saying come celebrate the 50th aniversary of the disney theme parks. Thats the way they are thinking about it.

MonorailMan
05-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Is that it? :rolleyes:

Lost Boy
05-17-2004, 07:09 PM
I see ads for the special family magic visits to WDW all the time out here in California. I'm waiting for a local channel to run a WDW advert to come visit WDW for Disneyland's 50th! And don't think it won't happen either. They don't pay any attention to where the advertising goes. It's so stupid that Disneyland is not getting the focus for it's 50th. I guess we will all have to go on the 17th and create one for ourselves. It's my birthday too.

SoCalDisneyLover
05-17-2004, 07:14 PM
We just pay our money and go to the park. We're addicted. They could care less about us, or the original park "where it all started." Disney has become the typical mega-corporation...of even more monstrous proportions than Walt could ever have imagined. And if they want to throw the budget at all the other theme parks, and give Disneyland only it's proportional share, then that's what they're going to do. Regardless of any true significance and meaning, in that none of that might have been possible, had it not been for the small plot of land in Anaheim, which still draws thousands of visitors through it's gates each day.