PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Dining

Morrigoon
10-28-2001, 04:34 PM
What are some of your favorite places/things to eat in DTD?

I like, no.... I LOVE the turkey and applewood bacon sandwich at La Brea Bakery. Also, the beignets at Brennan's.

Lost Boy
10-28-2001, 04:53 PM
Well, I don't like sports at all, so ESPN is out.
I am not a big fan of Jazz, so the nightclubs are out. I don't drink either, so that eleminates them again.
I can't eat pasta or mexican food because of Diabetis problems so those two are out.

I love Rainforest Cafe and have eaten there three times.

I love the coconut shrimp lunch and I have also eaten breakfast there once, before I found out I can't do that anymore. Bummer.

I like the food and the ambiance. I try to eat on the upper level because that is where the A/A animals are and the large arquarium. Also the darkening of the room, the lightning and rain just seem more real up there.

MickeyD
10-28-2001, 06:46 PM
I love the ESPNzone.

I like Naples.

Don't care for Rainforest Cafe.

Haven't eaten anywhere else there.

lisap
10-28-2001, 07:10 PM
We went to ESPN Zone and had lunch, then used up some of our free game tokens we received with our APs. I'm not a big sports person, but the food was good--we had the open faced steak sandwiches. The kids were intrigued with the tv on the table--even though it was only playing baseball. The game area was lots of fun--for kids and grown ups.

The only thing I did not care for was the noise level--between the huge screen blasting and the tvs on the table tuned to different channels, I was put off a bit by the noise pollution. I felt like my grandma grumbling about "too much noise at the dinner table."

awinner
10-28-2001, 10:04 PM
I was at rainforest cafe today (10/28)...it was not that busy at all...not that the food was ever really good, it seems like its really gone down...I just like the thunder and rain effect.

tlovesdis
10-29-2001, 06:22 AM
I just went to DTD for the first time October 20-24. Here is where we ate:

ESPN Zone - loved it! The food was very good and the atmosphere was a lot of fun!

Jazz Kitchen - Did not like it! Way overpriced and the food wasn't even that good!

Rainforest Cafe - excellent! The food was great and we had the coolest waitress!

La Brea Bakery - very yummy pastries for breakfast and their lemonade is the best!

Nigel2
10-29-2001, 09:54 PM
I love HOB, the food is good, but alot of the menu isn't notworthy, but all the artwork and all the blues music all over, the conert hall is cool also. I was wondering HOB (if not all of DTD) has the same policy as the HOB at WDW where if you eat at the resturant you get a discount at the resturants store.

Hades
10-30-2001, 06:50 PM
The Uva Bar at Catal! Love the outdoor setting. Of course, it is most enjoyable on summer evenings. My best friend and I can be found there once or twice on any given week. It's our place to unwind and people watch.

EandCDad
11-03-2001, 03:57 PM
Went to Rainforest Cafe yesterday for dinner. First time at the DTD location. I had a Blue Mountain Chicken Club (excellent with Cajun spices) and my wife had the Papagallos Pizza and kept saying things like "oh, this is so good," and "ummmmmmm." We realized after the food came that we easily could have split a pizza added a salad and had a good meal for 2 for $14.

As it was we spent $40 on two adults and two kids. Not bad.

Ralph Wiggum
11-03-2001, 04:06 PM
I really like Rainforest Cafe...but I think they can do with a little less wannabe animatronics. They really are annoying. IMO. The food is excellent and i love how they cut the pizzas...in small squares. Good stuff! Glad you had a good experience EandC

Napsto
11-03-2001, 06:12 PM
espn and rainforest cafe #1!

dizneyangel
11-03-2001, 06:58 PM
We also went to the Rainforest Cafe for the first time on Weds. The food was really good, the atmosphere was incredible. We really enjoyed it. My 7 year-old especially liked the animals and the thunder storms.

stinkerbell
11-04-2001, 11:39 AM
OMG, love the turkey and bacon sandwich at La Brea. I had one every day I was there. There's also a sweet older guy who works there and works hard! I think his name is Oscar? Love him!

Ralph Wiggum
11-04-2001, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
I love HOB, the food is good, but alot of the menu isn't notworthy, but all the artwork and all the blues music all over, the conert hall is cool also. I was wondering HOB (if not all of DTD) has the same policy as the HOB at WDW where if you eat at the resturant you get a discount at the resturants store.

The House of Blues is very cool. I went there for a concert a few months ago and I was very Impressed. the artwork and layout makes you feel like your somewhere else..oh..lets say like...New orleans.

lisap
11-04-2001, 03:51 PM
Has anyone been to the gospel brunch?

cyberRoo
11-04-2001, 05:07 PM
We ate upstairs at Brennans in May - the food was great, and they prepare bananas foster tableside, which was amazing (and the entire reason we selected that restaurant).

We've also eaten downstairs at Catal, and had some fabulous gnocchi/chicken/yummy dish that I would go back for in a heartbeat.

I do find the whole "three-restaurants-in-one" thing to be very confusing... We had a lot of trouble figuring out the Brennan's situation, and practically had to beg for reservations.

zapppop
11-04-2001, 05:20 PM
I've never been to any of the restaurants in Downtown Disney.

Maybe I'll go Tuesday.

wonderful
11-04-2001, 07:13 PM
Brennan's is my favorite... the atmosphere and the food are great. Word to the wise: try the molassas duck, and I really can't vouch for the daily specials as they are hit and miss. The cocktails are good, too.
Rainforest Cafe is good and fun for the family, but I've never been a huge fan of the long waits... make sure to reserve a table early.
Catal is excellent.
Remember that DTD also includes all the restaurants in the hotels and a few of the best are Storytellers for breakfast, Yamabuki for sushi and Granville's for dinner.
Remember that many of these places take AP anb CM discounts, so make sure to ask.

tjrj
11-05-2001, 06:30 AM
Ok, since you mention Granville's....went on our last DL visit which was two years ago. It isn't our usual style of place-especially with children in tow which we had. Very formal-which given the reviews I had read, we were expecting. The visual menu is unusual for places these days, and the kids liked that part. It truly was an awesome steak. The service was terrific-which given the prices, it should be. Will we be going back during our visit later this month? No, too many other places to try now.