PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Innoventions?

DisneyBob
05-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Does anybody know what is going on at Innoventions? Is there anything new coming? Everytime I go there, it is the same as the last visit. Any updates coming?

DisneyFan25863
05-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Nope. The only cool new thing since it opened has been the Segway. Everything else is just gonna sit there.

Basically, you are paying lots of money to go see a glorified Circuit City.

stan4d_steph
05-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Nope. The only cool new thing since it opened has been the Segway. Everything else is just gonna sit there. They added the interactive Stitch after the movie came out. It was very cool.

The biggest challenge with Innoventions is getting companies to sponsor displays. In this age of tight corporate budgets, I doubt many are willing to lay out money on something they feel won't necessarily give them a good return on investment.

rexfarms
05-16-2004, 12:06 PM
I believe something from St. Joesphs is going to open. My buddy's say they cant wait for it to be open so the whole upper ring is acutally a complete circle.

Cloud Buster
05-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Yes, I believe there is to be an exhibit of medical technology on the second floor.

ChipmunkStar
05-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Actually, the medical area has been closed for some months now. Not too sure if something new is going in its place or what, but last time I saw it, it was just a bunch of curtains.

Newest thing I've seen/heard is about the Segway testing area upstairs. I think it's 16 and over only, and even then there has to be a parent/guardian present.