PDA

View Full Version : MousePad Influence on TDA

LIMANDL4EVA
05-16-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm sure that at least SOME excecutives read these boards, if not, I would be very suprised, I mean how many times has there been a complaint on the boards about something and eventually it gets fixed? Coincidence? Possibly. But how big of an influence do you think MousePad has on TDA? Do you think they even read it?

innerSpaceman
05-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Exit signs fixed during the brief Haunted Mansion rehab later this month would make a believer of me. :fez:

Not Afraid
05-16-2004, 10:47 AM
I know for a fact that there is a gentleman who reads these boards.

Whether there is any result is something to be seen. As ISM says, changing of the EXIT signs in HM would be a sign of positive change and a possibility that there is some direct response to the Disney boards.

sleepyjeff
05-16-2004, 11:16 AM
As ISM says, changing of the EXIT signs in HM would be a sign of positive change and a possibility that there is some direct response to the Disney boards.

However.....if the EXITsigns were as annoying as everyone here at MP said; woud not that be obvious to other guests at the Park( not to mention cast members ).....surely some of them complained too.

That aside.....I believe there must be at least a couple of people working out of TDA that read these boards at least every now and then....too bad nobody at Burbank does.

cryan71
05-16-2004, 12:15 PM
I've seen at least one MousePlanet article sent through the daily clippings packet that every executive on the lot recieves.

Cloud Buster
05-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Keep in mind that TDA is a very big place.

MonorailMan
05-16-2004, 09:10 PM
And with this huge batch of 'DCA loving' threads, isn't it obvious? :~D

Pat-n-Eil
05-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I've been on this board for awhile now, but I don't know what TDA means.

The Disney Authorities?
Toon Disney Automobiles?
Terrible Disney Action?

??

Cloud Buster
05-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Team Disney Anaheim. Management and Administration for DLR (Disneyland Resort, if you don't happen to know that one). They are located in the large yellow building on Ball road.

Pat-n-Eil
05-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Team Disney Anaheim. Management and Administration for DLR (Disneyland Resort, if you don't happen to know that one). They are located in the large yellow building on Ball road.

Thank you.

tod
05-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Considering how many Mousepadders have managed to get on the Disneyland Creative Committee, I'll bet they are going to get influenced plenty by the 'Pad. :fez:

--t

sediment
05-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Teacups? TDA, are you reading?

Rallymonkey23
05-17-2004, 09:13 AM
I thought someone here on the pad posted an idea about the security bagchecks. And then a few months later they popped up. Someone has to be reading these boards from TDA.

CoasterMatt
05-17-2004, 09:42 AM
A line (or 2) for guests with no bags would be nice; even Six Flags has those

Rallymonkey23
05-17-2004, 09:44 AM
A line (or 2) for guests with no bags would be nice; even Six Flags has those

So does Angels Stadium. Even when Disney owned the Angels. :|

Go figure.

Kevy Baby
05-17-2004, 09:45 AM
I know for a fact that TDA reads these boards. Without getting into the details, I met a couple of people who work in TDA. When they found out I was a Padder, they groaned (and they had just given me ToT CM preview tix). Their first question was whether I was friends with Al; seems he is their biggest problem (although it indicates that they don't keep up on the latest happenings here on the Pad!). They mentioned that several people in TDA DO keep up on what happens here. I would have loved to talk to them further about it, but they were with family AND I didn't want to spoil the bonus we just got.

I've been on this board for awhile now, but I don't know what TDA means.

The Disney Authorities?I liked this suggestion - it's not too far off ;)

I know you got the answer you were looking for from Cloud Buster. If you are ever confused about an acronym, you can always look them up here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8117). These are Disney/MousePad related. There are a ton of others that are generic: lists can be found all over the net.

cstephens
05-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Considering how many Mousepadders have managed to get on the Disneyland Creative Committee, I'll bet they are going to get influenced plenty by the 'Pad. :fez:

--t

But then again, many of us are on multiple discussion forums.

Kevy Baby
05-17-2004, 09:54 AM
But then again, many of us are on multiple discussion forums.WHAT?!? You're not loyal to the Pad?

I feel so violated [shudder]

tod
05-17-2004, 11:13 AM
But then again, many of us are on multiple discussion forums.

Does that make them any less members of MousePad? I belong to several organizations myself, but I'm still a member of MousePad.

--t

AVP
05-17-2004, 12:10 PM
WHAT?!? You're not loyal to the Pad?OK, guys, I know you're joking, but this has the nasty potential for turning into a Board War, which we're been fortunate to avoid all these years.

Let's just respect the fact that while many people read MousePad exclusively, others participate in one or more of the twenty-seven million other Disney discussion boards out there. Some people "identify" themselves with MousePlanet, some call another site home, and others prefer to stay neutral.

We can all get along.

Having now made that Public Service Announcement... I happen to know that MousePlanet is on the desktop of many TDA computers, and that the Disneyland Update is printed and distributed around the building weekly.

AVP

Kevy Baby
05-17-2004, 01:54 PM
OK, guys, I know you're joking, but this has the nasty potential for turning into a Board War, which we're been fortunate to avoid all these years. Oops, sorry.

I was just joking, figuring that the people who post here are above that kind of immaturity. And I DO believe they are. But better to not even open the gates :)

LIMANDL4EVA
05-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Wow good to know we have that kind of an influence.
**AP LOUNGE** COUGH COUGH

sediment
05-17-2004, 08:49 PM
**ap Lounge** Cough Cough
** Across The Esplanade!!** Cough Cough

Cloud Buster
05-17-2004, 10:13 PM
I thought someone here on the pad posted an idea about the security bagchecks. And then a few months later they popped up. Someone has to be reading these boards from TDA.

If you really believe that someone at TDA read said post and the idea grew from there, I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell you.

Some of you need to relax. A lot of people seem to talk about TDA as though they were some secret shadow government agency. (Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if someone quipped back with a link to a site "proving" that TDA is the shadow government.)

adriennek
05-17-2004, 10:37 PM
If you really believe that someone at TDA read said post and the idea grew from there, I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell you.

Some of you need to relax. A lot of people seem to talk about TDA as though they were some secret shadow government agency. (Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if someone quipped back with a link to a site "proving" that TDA is the shadow government.)

Well, I don't know any specific examples involving the Pad. I do know specific situations involving MousePlanet articles and columns and various departments of the Disney company. And yes, there were instances when changes were made. There have been occasions, for example, when the hand wasn't talking to the foot and the foot read something on MousePlanet that it didn't realize was going on and got really unhappy with the hand about it...

Unfortunately, you'll just have to trust me, cuz if I said anymore, I'd get in big trouble (I signed and NDA and all that...) Some of you will trust me, some of you won't. I can live with that. And I don't mean to insinuate that we're just the most valuable thing to happen to the Disney company since ODV started selling churros :) No, no, no. I'm just answering the OP's question.

Adrienne