PDA

View Full Version : Grad Nites?

Alpha1mom
05-16-2004, 06:01 AM
I see June dates for Grad Nites, Will the weekend of June 10th be extremely crazy with teens? Or, just when the park closes for them? What about Wed, June 16th?

No offense to the teens out there, but a couple years ago, there was a HS field trip and EVERY ride we went on, these teens screamed thier heads off, even on IASW. We spent alot of money and the trip was totally ruined!

Thanks! ;)

Momtowolf
05-25-2004, 08:45 PM
We will be there from late June 9-12....just saw tonight that it's grad night....what will that Thursday and Friday during the day be like?

Thanks

Forbin
05-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Perfectly fine...Grad nites don't happen until 9pm and then those teenagers are at school until then. So don't worry..crowds will be light

mainstreet54
05-26-2004, 09:47 AM
I was staying at the Howard Johnson 7th floor on 5/20 grad night there must have been one heck of party going on over in tomorrowland we could here bands playing all night. The next day you could see no sign of an all night party. Crowds were mimamal.

HorizonsA
05-27-2004, 01:32 PM
We will be there from late June 9-12....just saw tonight that it's grad night....what will that Thursday and Friday during the day be like?

Thanks

On the days of Grad Nite at Disneyland, the park will close early, around 7-ish. At about 9, schools will start to arrive and they will be there until at least 5-6 in the morning (I know, I'm a senior and going to Grad Nite on June 17). And yes, there will be a lot of loud music. Like on New Years, Main Street, New Orleans Square, and the Small World Promenade will be turned into a block party, so everyone at the hotels will just have to deal with it.

Forbin
05-27-2004, 01:57 PM
As much as what HorizonsA might bug (Deal with it?) it is very true. Do NOT stay at the GC during Grad Night...you might regret it.

Darkbeer
05-27-2004, 04:11 PM
DIsneyland closes at either 8 PM or 9 PM on Grad Nights.... (8 PM if the park also closes at 8 PM on Monday and Tuesday (aka regular closing time), or 9 PM if DL closes at 10 or 11 on Mon/Tues.

While there is a pre-event at DCA starting at 9 PM (only a small percentage of Grad Night folks attend), the Main event starts at Midnight at Disneyland....

DCA is scheduled to close at either 6 or 7 PM during the weekend, and has no need to close early for the event.