PDA

View Full Version : Passing Time in line.Harmless but interesting

Pages : [1] 2

snappy
10-28-2001, 03:57 PM
Indiana Jones waiting area
Has anyone ever tried twisting the light-bulbs(off-but not taken) in line while walking down towards the ride? I saw this one guy 6'4 turn off almost all the bulbs on the way down. It was quite late so hardly no one was in line. Found it amusing and it must happen a lot. Any other stories anyone might have. :)

Napsto
10-28-2001, 04:26 PM
turning out the lights, i am suprised he didn't get busted

tabacco
10-29-2001, 09:12 AM
Tell me about it. It means a CM has to come all the way up there and screw them back in again. PLUS, if someone comes down the queue, they could hurt themselves in the dark. Look at the cavern. There's all sorts of stuff they could run into, trip over, etc. if they couldn't see in there.

Gregmh48
10-29-2001, 01:47 PM
One night my friend and I went through the Indy queue and the entire first half was pitch black. I've always wondered why that was, but now I guess I know! It was actually kind of interesting walking through the queue in the dark! :)

Ralph Wiggum
10-29-2001, 01:56 PM
Not to be a parent about this(cause I am not even close to being one) But the person who is unscrewing the lightbulb is putting themself at risk too.

SimpTwister
10-29-2001, 03:44 PM
Yeah, that's not really funny. Actually quite annoying.

Lani
10-29-2001, 03:53 PM
Gee, how inconsiderate. I wonder how this guy would feel if someone came over to his house and unscrewed all HIS lightbulbs? Wait, it actually sounds like someone already has.

JRob2k1
10-29-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by lani
Gee, how inconsiderate. I wonder how this guy would feel if someone came over to his house and unscrewed all HIS lightbulbs? Wait, it actually sounds like someone already has.

Touche'

:D :D

-JRob

EandCDad
10-29-2001, 07:15 PM
I'm going to be going out with a tape measure, when I find this guy, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.

lisap
10-29-2001, 07:42 PM
He's probably dropping banana peels outside of the temple, too!! SOMEBODY stop him!!!!
:D

Jon Vincible
10-29-2001, 08:45 PM
Seriously guys, harmless jokes are one thing... but doing something to ruin the magic (a.k.a. "fun") for someone else's visit at Disneyland is against i and some others call "common courtesy". Someone might actually trip and fall because of this, and Disneyland might be held responsible. I know you might think i'm making too big a deal out of this but annoying things can ruin the magic.

Nigel2
10-29-2001, 10:19 PM
I have had the experience of the line in total darkness, but I always thought that they forgot to turn them on, oh well, but yes it is really dangerous to do.

tabacco
10-29-2001, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I happened upon a dark queue once too. I reached up and screwed at least some of the bulbs back in.

thamnarestan
10-30-2001, 08:23 AM
Well, it may be dangerous, and create extra work for CMs, but y'all have to admit that it's at least a little funny.

Ralph Wiggum
10-30-2001, 08:36 AM
no

JRob2k1
10-30-2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by thamnarestan
Well, it may be dangerous, and create extra work for CMs, but y'all have to admit that it's at least a little funny.

The Simpsons..thats funny!

This....is just stupid!

my $43.68

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
10-30-2001, 11:42 AM
Well said Jrob!

innerSpaceman
10-30-2001, 11:54 AM
Ok, I think it's a tad funny. Just a tad. Mostly I think its inconsiderate vandalism.

I used to do something to pass the time in line that was not vandalism, but was actually kind of mean and I thought it was funny at the time. Used to use my laser pointer to put the red spot on the backs of bald heads. Got a chuckle out of it, but in retrospect, it's really sort of cruel.

Guess the most harmless way I used to pass the time in line was passing out 'Yo Ho" lyrics in line for Pirates and teaching everyone in the queue to sing the song. That was fun and went beyond being harmless to actually improving the experience of the attraction for many folks.

EandCDad
10-30-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1

The Simpsons..thats funny!

This....is just stupid!

my $43.68

-JRob

I agree with the part about the Simpsons! Well said.

I used to do something really funny. When an older person (hopefully someone who walked with a cane) would pass me, I would stick out my foot and trip them. I would never stop laughing. The really funny thing is if they were holding a big tub of popcorn or some of their medication and it would go flying in the air. Ha ha ha, I'm laughing just thinking about it.

MickeyD
10-30-2001, 03:43 PM
I do something REALLY funny, I like to drop bananas in the exit from IJA. It's hilarious when people sprain their knees.

Ralph Wiggum
10-30-2001, 03:56 PM
Well said EandC....isn't that from a simpsons episode?

The only thing I do, and its not only in line, is try and get in the background of people's pictures and or videos. I don't ruin it but I add a little humor to the background.

EandCDad
10-30-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
Well said EandC....isn't that from a simpsons episode?

The only thing I do, and its not only in line, is try and get in the background of people's pictures and or videos. I don't ruin it but I add a little humor to the background.

I didn't take it from a Simpson's episode but it could be considered Simpsonesque.

Your thing is considered "art" in Texas. Some guy claims he is a performance artist because he goes to the Alamo and walks into the picture while tourists are videotaping. He claims to be in thousands of videos and says that it is art. It's kinda funny when you think about it.

I had a friend start singing happy birthday to me in line when it wasn't my birthday. Pretty soon most of the line joined in. Try it with a complete stranger.

Ralph Wiggum
10-30-2001, 10:18 PM
I am an artist...ALRIGHT!!!!

My friends do that sort of happy birthday thing all the time. Or as I mention in another thread where we will point in one direction(at nothing) and watch as other people try to figure out what we are pointing at. Or when a group is waiting for a show to start we will all goo "Shhhhh" at the same time and it will make everyone quiet..

80s Babe
10-31-2001, 08:33 AM
My ex and I got the whole Thunder Mountain line "moo-ing" once.

80S ERA
11-01-2001, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
Or as I mention in another thread where we will point in one direction(at nothing) and watch as other people try to figure out what we are pointing at

The problem is: there is always somebody in the group that can't keep a straight face and screws the whole thing up:rolleyes: