PDA

View Full Version : DL Trip Report 5/12/04

MotorBoat Cruiser
05-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Yesterday (5/12) was an almost perfect day at the park. We went with the hopes that the crowds would be light in the middle of the week and we were correct. Most rides had pretty short lines and even the entrance gates to both parks had very short lines. The weather was perfect, slighly warm but nothing that a water ride couldn't remedy.

We seemed to have really good luck getting good seats for all the rides. We sat in the front on Pirates, the last row on IASW, Big Thunder, and Screamin'. We were also first in line for the monorail in DTD and were asked if we would like to sit in the front cabin. The experience was simply awesome and the view as you enter the park is amazing. We also sat on the deck of the Mark Twain for one of the last rides, during sunset. I had never been on this late in the day since normally they stop running it to prepare for Fantasmic.

The only downside was that Roger Rabbit broke down after we had already waited for 20 minutes and they cleared the qeue, and that the DLRR must have been running only one train because it took forever at the stations. And then, there was the Haunted Exit Sign, er, Mansion. Ya know, I have read everyones feelings on this ride and still thought to myself "It couldn't really be that bad, could it?" The answer is that it was worse than I could have imagined. Seriously, I feel that the whole mood was destroyed for this beloved attraction. It made me so sad. I hope that there will be a large public outcry to find a better solution but I doubt there will be, other than from diehard AP'ers.

Still, it was simply a great day, probably the quietest I have seen the park since October. If you get a chance to leave work early in the near future, I highly recommend trying to visit. It seems to be the quiet before the storm of Summer.

Pedro2NR
05-13-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the report. I was planning to ride on ToT and Splash the same day too after I got out of work. Although, my gf called and told me her car wasn't working and I helped with her daily run. I'm planning to go on the 16th. Hopefully the crowd will be light as well.