PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire Play It - Hot Seat

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dreamstaker
10-27-2001, 07:12 PM
Yay, I finally made it to the hot seat and won the Baseball Cap & stuff. Boy was that nerve racking, I blew it at the 8000 point question.

How many MPers have made it to the hot seat?

WizKidRyan
10-27-2001, 08:46 PM
I made it :-)
Blew it at 4000 points on a disney question to boot...
JRob was in the hotseat before me, and apparently Ralph Wiggum was at the show too...

DisneylandKid
10-27-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by WizKidRyan
I made it :-)
Blew it at 4000 points on a disney question to boot...
JRob was in the hotseat before me, and apparently
Ralph Wiggum was at the show too... ...and DisneylandKid and I believe someone else.

Morrigoon
10-27-2001, 09:40 PM
JRob I think

JRob2k1
10-27-2001, 10:00 PM
I was there!! Blew the 1000 point question....dont really want to talk about it!!

Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=2085) to read my whole Millionaire experience!!

-JRob

Nigel2
10-27-2001, 10:10 PM
I made it afew weeks ago, but walked with 16k.:D

Ace
10-28-2001, 07:07 PM
how hard is it to get into the hot seat, and what do you win if you get there? I heard you got a monkey load of pins or something...could someone fill me in here?

zapppop
10-28-2001, 08:43 PM
I ****ed up the 64,000 question.

AVP ( adrienne ) got up to 125,000.

bluepearl
10-28-2001, 09:12 PM
I've never made it to the hotseat, but can I tell a short story about a guy who did?

Well, one guy from Chicago made it to the hot seat - I think he was the second one in the session my friends and I went in that day. I've always assumed that if you can get to the hot seat, you can at least answer the first few questions without a doubt (though I'm sure I could be wrong). Well, this was the first question:

To make a quarter, you need a nickel and how many dimes?

The clock was running down, and it was hitting the 4th second mark. I thought he was joking, leaving it up to the last seconds to make the decision. When the clock hit 2, he told the host he wanted to use the poll-the-audience lifeline. My friends and I looked at each other in amazement - was this guy really serious? I couldn't believe he used a lifeline on the first question. :shrug: Or maybe that's just me and he got really nervous.

MickeyD
10-28-2001, 09:24 PM
What happened when Bluepearl was there is exactly what would happen to me. I actually was #2 on the leader board when I was there and I was terrified that the #1 person would not be able to play. I seriously freaked out. I'm sure if I got to the hotseat the question would be: The Pope is A. Catholic B. Jewish C. Mormon D. Atheist and I would just sit there going, uh.... for the alloted time and not even win one pin.

Karin
10-29-2001, 12:31 PM
I goofed up my 64,000 point question, too. Have the polo shirt, hat, lanyard, button and 10 pins that go with winning at the 32,000 point level, though!

Ralph Wiggum
10-29-2001, 12:54 PM
JRob....i could have sworn you got to the 64,000 point spot ;) jk...

I have only gone once so far(I want to go really bad again). When I went there was a guy who was celebrating his birthday at the park. He went to millionare 6 times. I was there on his 6th try but I guess his friends and family didn't want to go again so he went alone. The funny part is he made it up. I dont remember how high he got.

Lani
10-29-2001, 12:55 PM
Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix made it all the way up to the quarter-mil question. Both Tony Phoenix and Alex have made it to the hot seat as well. In the handful games I've attended, I've always been on the leader board (once at #1 while AVP was on the hot seat) but I've yet to make it to the seat myself.

Nigel2
10-29-2001, 10:04 PM
I always find it absurd how much the prizes are worth, imaginge haveing to declae (if you get that high) winning pins a polo shirt... on your taxes.:D What is the prize level you have to get to where you have to declare them on your taxes btw?

BTT
10-30-2001, 02:28 PM
Just to add to the numbers...

I made it over a month ago...so now (technically) I'm eligible to play again, although not to win the grand prize again.

Just heard from Disney today, they just got their 3rd "millionaire" a couple of days ago...some 17-year old kid.

Ben

dingdong2U
11-02-2001, 02:46 PM
I made it into the hot seat almost 2 months ago but walked away after the 32,000 point question because I wasn't sure of the answer and didn't want to lose the pins I had already earned (I didn't end up getting the polo shirt, maybe next time).

Per "squinky"'s question:
how hard is it to get into the hot seat, and what do you win if you get there?

It really depends on how quickly you answer the questions correctly and how many other people are in the audience as well. The lesser the number of people in the audience the better your chances of getting into the hot seat. There have been a great number of times I've been on top or in the Top 10 even when the theater is full so it isn't impossible to get there just more difficult. The best word of advice I can give out is just answer quickly and accurately.

For every question you answer *correctly* you earn the pin for that question. For example, if you answer the 2,000 point question correctly, you win the 2,000 point pin. However, if you answer a question *incorrectly* you will *lose* all the pins you have earned past the last 1,000 point or 32,000 point platform you passed. Meaning, if you incorrectly answer the 16,000 point question, you only win the 100, 200, 300, 500, 1,000 point pins as well as the baseball cap and lanyard. While if you *walked away* at that question instead you would instead get the 100, 200, 300, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 4,000, 8,000 point pins as well as the baseball cap. Which would mean you would get an extra 3 pins if you *walk away* if you're not sure of the answer.

Being there in the hot seat can be kind of nerve-wracking depending on the type of person you are. When you're in the audience it doesn't really matter if you get a question right or wrong (unless you're trying to get into the hot seat or at least onto the Top 10 scoreboard). But, when you're in the hot seat (all eyes are on you, as well as the stage lights) so the pressure is a lot higher. Answer a question correctly and you get to keep going and earn more prizes but get a question incorrect and they feed you to the wolves (just kidding!).

My first time in the hot seat was fun but it's going to take some time before I'll be ready to go back into the fray again.

For all you aspiring hot seaters, GO FOR IT! It's a real interesting experience to say the least and it's cool being able to say you survived the hot seat when you've done it. GOOD LUCK!!!

Now I have a question for the people who have seen a guest win the 1,000,000 points. What *exactly* happens from the time they answer the question correctly. What does the host do or say? Does confetti shoot out? Does special music play? Do people throw small children up in the air (like host Ken Parks suggests)?

BTT
11-02-2001, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by dingdong2U

Now I have a question for the people who have seen a guest win the 1,000,000 points. What *exactly* happens from the time they answer the question correctly. What does the host do or say? Does confetti shoot out? Does special music play? Do people throw small children up in the air (like host Ken Parks suggests)?

What exactly happened for me was something to the effect of "Final Answer"...the host revealed (it was quick since I had pretty much flat out known so I killed whatever mystery there may have been). Streamers literally erupted from the ceiling all around the ring of fire area. I looked up later to notice that not a single streamer traveled into the audience. But when you're in the middle of it, streamers are all you pretty much see. From what I recall, the millionaire music did play (darn them for not having tapes of the event available). They brought out a jacket for me to put on and then repeated the prize package and I was sent on my merry way to fill out the requisite paperwork.

Ben

Nigel2
11-03-2001, 10:16 PM
It was funny I usually get really nervous when I am the center of attention, but oddly I was quiet, and cool looking, while on the inside I felt like I wanted to go to bed. Why they have so many musical questions I will never know, well it was a good thing the audience did :)

Splash Freak
11-04-2001, 09:23 AM
How old do you have to be to get into the Hotseat?

JRob2k1
11-04-2001, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Splash Freak
How old do you have to be to get into the Hotseat?

Old enough to be able to press buttons in front of your seat. Everyone is game.

But if your under 16? 18?, your gonna need a parent/guardian to sign for your prizes and what-not!

-JRob

Splash Freak
11-04-2001, 12:37 PM
So my 10 year old newphew would be able to go down and into the hotseat as long as I signed for prizes?

Nigel2
11-05-2001, 09:47 PM
Probably, but they might call his parents up for extra precaucion. Remember you will need his SS# in the event that he actually makes it.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 06:39 PM
I made it to the hotseat and got all the way up to 16,000, but blew the 32,000 question. It was fun, I suppose, but it was annoying to hear people in the audience saying "Oh, c'mon" when you couldn't answer correctly. It's hard to concentrate when you're the center of attention.

DisneyFiend
02-07-2002, 08:59 PM
So, any tips on how to get into the hot seat? I know that you need to answer the questions correctly as fast as you can, but are there any little things that you do that increase your chance of getting into the hot seat?

Thanks!

Nigel2
02-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Well sitting in the Ring of fire helps since you don't have to look up to see the question, but that's about it.