PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Here comes the magic...

Pat-n-Eil
05-12-2004, 08:04 AM
I'm just writing because I am feeling a bit giddy. We went to Disneyland last year at Thanksgiving (not all that long ago, really) and we had a good time - but I felt like DL had lost some of its magic for me. I seriously considered skipping it this year altogether and in fact hadn't planned on going. We have a lot of renovations and landscaping and other time & money taking endeavors going on too..

But, my wife and I sat down, went over the budget and found both the $$ and the time to go and after some more discussion we decided to go for it! We're going at the end of June. Because of the relatively short time frame we have to go, and the bit of a surprise that this has actually popped up and come to fruition, I'm all excited.

I guess that is the whole point of this post. Nothing else gets me or my family as excited as going to DLR. We haven't been to another "amusement park" in years unless you consider the state fair. DLR has spoiled us and sometimes I think that reading these forums diminishes my excitement.. but there's no place else like it and we fully enjoy all of it!!

Geez.. I feel like a little kid! How silly.

cirquelover
05-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Have a great time!
Sometimes last minute trips are the best.

Lost Boy
05-12-2004, 07:00 PM
The Magic is indeed back at Disneyland, and in full force. I went last Christmas time with a friend and the Magic was starting. Now, several months have passed and I was so impressed with pictures that I have seen, I decided that my self inflicted bannishment was over. The place is fantastic looking, despite the construction walls as when they come down, that area will look so much better than before. The new paint, pavement, rehabed rides, Tower of Terror over at DCA and smiling Cast Members all over the place are just like it used to be, long ago in a galaxy far away. I went this last Sunday for the first time in ages and just had a blast, except for the food at Riverbelle Terrace (breakfast there used to be my favorite place, but after this last Sunday with underdone sausage, cold eggs, no butter anywhere for the biscuit and hard as rock potatoes along with watered down coffee that you see through, I won't eat there again). Everthing else was wonderful. Snow White is interesting, to say the least. I enjoyed it, but thought the forest stuff moved to slow and they need some music and dancing when the house is turning. The Evil Queen, Wicked Witch and Magic Mirror are the best parts of the show. I rode TOT twice and loved it, and I am the expert on the Flroida version. Ours is different. That's a good thing as I hate having something exactly the same. The principle, story and main thrust of the attractions is the same, with some nice differences here and there, just enough to make me love it. I will ride it everytime I go from now on. One of my favorite rides from Disney.

Have a great time in June and let us know when you are going for sure, dates and so forth and maybe we can plan a meeting of some kind.

Don't forget that by June, the Castle will probably be covered in tarp and scaffolding getting fixed up and repaired for next year, but don't let that get to you. The rest of the Park is "Looking Good"!

CarlieB
05-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Don't forget that by June, the Castle will probably be covered in tarp and scaffolding getting fixed up and repaired for next year, but don't let that get to you. The rest of the Park is "Looking Good"!
Does anyone know how long the castle will be under tarps, etc? Just wondering if it's likely to look like that in December when we're there?

Disney Vault
05-12-2004, 08:14 PM
I had the same question

Lost Boy
05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
I haven't heard an exact time but considering the want the make the drawbridge go up and down and that will have to be completly re-installed as the took out the mechanism some time ago without telling anyone in upper management and that the foundation is crumbling and really in bad shape I would guess it's going to be down for most of the year. I would hope they will get it done by Christmas as it just wouldn't be right without the Castle at Christmas. Here's hoping.

CarlieB
05-13-2004, 06:59 PM
I would hope they will get it done by Christmas as it just wouldn't be right without the Castle at Christmas. Here's hoping.
Thanks for the heads up Lost Boy. I really hope the castle is looking good by Christmas, as I'm travelling with my family then, and most of them haven't seen it before. It really is a lovely sight.

Leap for Joy
05-13-2004, 07:40 PM
It's scheduled to be out of refurb on Oct 2. I'm waiting and watching that date, because I really wanted to go the previous weekend, but it will be worth waiting a week to have the tarps removed.

Disney Vault
05-13-2004, 08:12 PM
thanks for the info

Pat-n-Eil
05-14-2004, 08:12 AM
... Have a great time in June and let us know when you are going for sure, dates and so forth and maybe we can plan a meeting of some kind. ...
We're going down on Monday, June 28th and will be coming back on Thursday, July 1st. Staying at the Paradise Pier this time - for the first time.