PDA

View Full Version : WDW Park Hopper Tickets @ DLR?

geo
05-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey all!

This is my first post here...and this July will also mark my first trip to DLR (even though I've been to WDW and DLP numerous times). Anyway, I was doing some planning and wanted to confirm the following:

I have two unused days on my Park Hopper Pass from WDW and I was wondering if I could use those days in DLR. Is it easy to exchange? Is the new pass also a park hopper or simply a one-day, one-park pass? I'm hoping I can use those tickets, cause as a college student...money can be hard to come by at time...

Oh, well...hope to hear from you guys soon!

Thanks!

Best,
Geo

Forbin
05-12-2004, 12:24 AM
I Doubt it

Opus1guy
05-12-2004, 12:56 AM
A long time ago admission media between Florida and California were interchangeable. Then when they realized that folks were purchasing Disneyland tickets (which were cheaper) to use in Florida, they stopped allowing Disneyland tickets to be used in Florida, but still allowed Florida's to be used at Disneyland. Finally they just said screw it, and they did away with that as well.

My understanding was that it became an accounting problem, with each "coast" bitching about getting the short end of the deal.

Similar thing spelled the end of the Magic Kingdom Club. Disneyland and Walt Disney World were apparently always fighting over just how much of the total administrative bill they should be allocated. Finally corporate just said "Enough! We'll roll it into Buena Vista Pictures Distribution (which they did!) and it'll just come out of your general admin fees and you'll no longer know what it's costing you!" And then that became a problem with Buena Vista so...bye, bye MKC...hello Disney Club (another recent RIP).

So these days CA and FL operate strictly on their own, with paid ticket media no longer usable but where it originated and was purchased.

About the only admission media that remains interchangeable between both coasts, are the various complimentary Cast Member passes, Main Gate Passes and Silver Pass type freebie things out there.

There was talk at one time way back about a National Annual Pass and even a Global Disney Annual Pass, but again accountability, logistics, lack of demand and marketing challenges proved too much, and the idea quickly died on the vine.

sediment
05-12-2004, 07:38 AM
I believe the answer is "yes" to WDW tickets being usable at DLR, but not the other way around. mousesavers(?) web site has a page about this.
Unclear whether it would be a DLR park-hopper, though. There is no such one-day media here (well, at less than the cost of two separate admissions).