PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland Theatre Latest News...

GoldenEars
10-27-2001, 12:55 PM
This is in regard to the holiday stage show that Disney will be putting on at the Fantasyland Theatre, *Minnie's X-mas Party!*

I heard from a very reliable source (and my feelings were right) that this show will be way scaled down! Here's what I heard, as sad as it may be:

This show was originally going to be at the Carnation Plaza Stage.
And for those who don't know, this stage is NOTHING compared to the Fantasyland Theatre...so keep that in mind. The show will have 6 performances, the last one being around 6pm. And each show is within an hour from one another.

Because the Fantasyland Theatre is too big for this show, they will be using half the stage and it will be performed in front of the big red curtain. (Doesn't this sound exciting, LOL!!) The show will consist of 2 singers, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale. As I said before, my guess is that this will be something simular to *Goofy's Beach Party* at DCA.

If Disney does it right, it could turn out to be a really cute show. I've seen other character shows they've done at the Carnation Plaza Stage in the past, and they've always been really entertaining, in a small entertaining kinda way. But the fact that they'll be doing it on a MUCH BIGGER stage but, only using a very small portion of it, makes me nervous. Oh, and the reason Disney doesn't use the CPS, is because they already have prior shows scheduled there, like Magic Music Days.

So we'll see what happens. And this show MAY start as early as next week, beginning on Friday, Novemeber 2nd. And just as a side bar...rumor has it that *BLAST* will be at the Hyperion Theatre at DCA for the holidays! We'll see...

EandCDad
10-27-2001, 03:02 PM
We are going to the park on Friday the 2nd and the DL website has times for this show listed. We will likely watch the show and will post what we think of it next week.