PDA

View Full Version : DLR Pool Usage

Wkr3kt
05-11-2004, 01:11 PM
I just got off the phone with DLR Reservations and they told me that since we are staying at the Grand Californian we can only use the pool at the Grand Californian. The lady said that the pool at the Grand is exclusive to their guests and the Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel guests can only use the pools at the PP and DLH. Does this sound right? I thought that if you stayed at the Grand you can use any of the 3 pools. Please let me know if I am misunderstanding this. My kids will be so disappointed not to go to the DLH. We leave in just 4 days. HELP!

ChipmunkStar
05-11-2004, 01:35 PM
She's right. You may only use the pool of the hotel which you are staying at. Same rules as in Florida (though theirs works more on an honor system it seems). The pools at the DL hotels are gated, and you have to swipe your room key to gain entry. If you're not staying at that hotel, you key simply won't work.

adriennek
05-11-2004, 01:47 PM
When did that change? When we stayed at the Paradise Pier in the past we could use the DLH pools. Not that we did, but I remember discussing it because we could.

Adrienne

DisneyFan25863
05-11-2004, 02:34 PM
If you REALLY wanted to get in the pool, you could follow someone in.

Not that I'd advocate breaking the rules or anything :oldwinky:

The Mouse Is Back
05-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Adrienne, did you go during the time that they were reonvating the pool area at the PP? If you did, then yes, you could use the pool at DLH, the PP's guests were being diverted over there during that time.

-Allegra-

momtoo2
05-11-2004, 04:01 PM
It is my understanding based on the last 3 times we stayed at the PPH we could also use the DLH pool (they were not renovating at the time). Also when I made reservations for our June trip the CM taking my reservation said that PPH and DLH guests could use either pool.

Wkr3kt
05-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Just to clarify from my first post, I was told today by reservations that the GC guests are only allowed to use the GC pool and that guests at the PP and DLH are allowed to use either one of the PP or DLH pools just not the GC. I was just surprised the guests of the GC can't use the DLH pool.

The Mouse Is Back
05-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Hmmm. When I called recently to plan for my daughter's birthday trip in September, the CM I talked to said that PP guests cannot use the DLH pool. She said the key cards to the pool gates work only at the hotel where the guest is staying.

I wonder if this is one of those things where if you ask five people, you get five different answers? I might call again just to see what the next CM will say about it.

SCUBAbe
05-11-2004, 06:11 PM
when I stayed last weekend at GCH they said I could use any pool. I didn't use any of them though. We need to stay longer next time. :) When I was trying to decide on what hotel they did say that PPH could use the DLH pool. Also, when I made the reservations for GCH the man said we could use the DLH pool. I remeber hin saying it was the netherland theme. I personally would not walk through downtown disney in my pool gear just to use that pool when the GCH has a pretty cool pool also.

sleepyjeff
05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Just to clarify from my first post, I was told today by reservations that the GC guests are only allowed to use the GC pool and that guests at the PP and DLH are allowed to use either one of the PP or DLH pools just not the GC. I was just surprised the guests of the GC can't use the DLH pool.

This is exactly right. Reason; in order to entice people to stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel(not exactly the most popular hotel inside or outside the resort). Since PPH guests are playing in DLH pools; seems only fair to let DLH guests play in PPH pools(not that they do). Also, PPH has a nice walkway to DLH......the Grand is kinda out of the loop. :)

only1mouse
05-11-2004, 06:37 PM
We stayed at the GCH last June and we were told that we could use all the pools. But if we stayed at the DLH or PPH we couldn't use the GCH's pool. Something might have changed, but we were able to use our key to get into the pool at DLH. Enjoy your stay GCH is great.