PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Anaheim from LAX?

keschy
05-11-2004, 10:38 AM
We are visiting the park in June. I am thinking of flying down from Portland ,OR instead of driving , but if we fly I don't want to rent a car. Is there a shuttle or bus to the neighboring hotels? We will be staying at Howard Johnson's, Tropicana or Best Western (park place). They are all on Harbour I think.

BTW, Are any of these hotels especially better than the others? I have reservations at all 3, I just have to decide which one to stay in!

jackyb
05-11-2004, 10:58 AM
We always take the Airport Bus from LAX. Here is the website: www.airportbus.com

CarlieB
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
We too have always taken the Airport Bus.

Out of the hotels you mentioned, I have stayed at the Howard Johnson (and we're stayingt here again this December). It's a good hotel and I have no problems recommending it to you. Since I last stayed they have upgraded their pool areas and they look really nice.

AB Born
05-11-2004, 01:42 PM
We take Supershuttle

Cat H
05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
I have taken both the airport bus and supershuttle. Supershuttle was much faster and was also a few dollars cheaper. We waited for at least 45 mintutes at LAX for the airport bus. With supershuttle you just go outside to the curb where the buses pick people up and tell the person standing by the supershuttle area that you need a shuttle to the disneyland area and they will get one for you. All four times I have done this, I only waited about 10 mintues for a shuttle and you don't have to share it with as many people as the airport bus so it makes less stops and gets you to your hotel faster. Call supershuttle from your hotel the day before your departure back to LAX and tell them what time your flight leaves and where you are staying and they will tell you the time they will pick you up at your hotel.

happyhaunts999
05-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Supershuttle #1

jazzjunkie
05-12-2004, 05:46 AM
I always take SuperShuttle :D
Pretty good, except once when the driver had BO... :(

Photographer
05-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Whatever you do, DO NOT take a taxi, it's like $75.00 if I recall correctly.

MeganPierce
05-12-2004, 06:39 AM
I always take SuperShuttle :D
Pretty good, except once when the driver had BO... :(
I sure I hope he's not driving my van. GROSS! :eek:

kkmickey
05-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Hey - I am flying from Portland as well! I was going to take a shuttle or something from LAX, but for three of us, it was less expensive to rent a car! Also, that way we can go shopping or off-site to dinner. (Plus with AAA passes, we have free parking, and won't have to wait for hotel shuttles, which can be a hassle.) I got a great rate at Fox auto rental, if you change your mind about renting.

Lekta
05-12-2004, 07:52 AM
I got a great rate at Fox auto rental, if you change your mind about renting.

What site did you get your reservations on? And at what rate, if I may?

Thank you,

Forbin
05-12-2004, 08:21 AM
If you want fast and expensive Take a Taxi.
If you want cheap and SLOW and usually safe, take Supershuttle.
If you want really cheap and really SLOW, take the Airport Bus.
But if you can afford it (Less than a taxi) take a EXCLUSIVE Supershuttle. They charge the same as a 5 passenger fare but you are the only ones on the Shuttle and it's very fast.

Leap for Joy
05-12-2004, 05:53 PM
There are a couple of other airports to consider flying into. We always fly into John Wayne. Sometimes the flight is a bit more expensive but the ground transportation is cheaper because you're closer to Disneyland, so it evens out and you get to the park sooner!

keschy
05-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Thank You for all the ideas! I will compare prices for the various shuttles, busses etc.

Duane
05-13-2004, 08:41 AM
The site for Super Shuttle is www.supershuttle.com You can make reservations and get rates here too. We always use them and have always been satisfied, good luck.