PDA

View Full Version : When you visit the DLR...

Pedro2NR
05-10-2004, 05:35 PM
How many times do you vist the resort? per week, month, year? Do you stop by the resort for only a couple of hours?
What attractions do you visit regularly?
Where do you like to eat at?

I visit the Resort about once every other week. I tend to go when I'm free from work or school. On the days I work, I might show up for a couple of hours either before or afterwork.
@ DL I visit: Indy, HM, PotC, Splash, Matterhorn, BTR, Pooh and Star Tours.
@ DCA I visit: Soarin', Screamin' and Grizzley and I will make ToT a regular.
I like to eat at Redd Rockett's Pizza Port.

jrad32
05-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I go once evry few years. After going to WDW for the first time in Feb. 2003, I think I may go to DL less often and save for another trip to WDW instead.

Tinker Bell
05-10-2004, 06:19 PM
I go everyother week. what I ride deepends on whos with me.Most of the time it my two DD and I. So we ride what my younger can ride. IASM,POTC,HM,WP,anything in FL,we tend to not go to DCA.But if I bring my DS or older DD we go on the big rides.Its all fun to me.

SCUBAbe
05-10-2004, 06:56 PM
I go once to twice a month. I do not go during the summer though. It's way to hot and crowded for me. We stay all day and visit both parks. Sometimes we stay the night, because we live kind of far away. Last night I didn't get home until 1:00am Thanks to my firiends short cut for avoiding traffic. For some reason when some one says a certain way is faster I think time wise, like we'll get home sooner. She thinks in we will be driving the whole time at speed limit and not in traffic so we can drive faster. Yeah and an hour longer....*sigh*

sediment
05-10-2004, 07:22 PM
About once a year. With older son. We ride whatever he wants to, which is about everything. I don't like to impose on cast member relative, and we live about 80 miles away. And we have very busy lives that preclude too many trips all that way.

Suburban Plankton
05-10-2004, 07:42 PM
We're in Northern California, about a 7 hour drive away. We have been going about twice a year withour son (now almost 6). We usually stay about a week in November, and a long weekend in the spring. We are taking our first "grown-ups only" trip in about 13 years this weekend.

TinkR
05-10-2004, 09:43 PM
We've been averaging about 4 trips a year for the past four years now, thanks to my husband having a supplier two miles from the parks (which means that his company picks up the majority of the tab :) ). One year I lucked out and got to go 8 times (two w/o kids which was a real treat when you have three small kids). We've gone twice so far this year and hope to sneak down in June (to see TOT). We'll go at the tail of our pass in October and are still deciding what to do from there. We've been going down in December for about 6 or 7 years now and I desperately want to go, but renewing our pass times 5 at Xmas will be a tough pill to swallow, especially when I'm trying to save for a 10 day trip to WDW next April. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that hubby gets a big raise and bonus so we can do it all!

LSPoorEeyorick
05-11-2004, 08:05 AM
I'm probably averaging three times per two months. Possibly four if meets are well-attended.

Pat-n-Eil
05-11-2004, 08:15 AM
We go down once per year and we usually stay 3 full days. We leave early here and get to the park about noon or 1:00pm and enjoy the rest of the day. Then we spend full days until closing or close to it for the next 2 days.. We usually hit both parks each day - especially staying at GCH or this time PPH. Then we leave early on the last day to get home at some reasonable hour.

GreenDragon
05-11-2004, 02:52 PM
How many times do you vist the resort?

If I'm lucky, I get to go every few years. When I lived in CA, I usually managed to go 2 or 3 times a year, though.

Cat H
05-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I live about 7 hours away (driving time) and try to go twice a year. Once in late August and then again in either spring or the fall when it is not so crowded. I wish I could go more often. Next trip May 19-21!

downingfamily1
05-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Since Disneyland is about 10-11 hours away for us we usually get in one trip a year. We will probably have to skip this year since my husband is on the hire list for the fire department here and will not be able to take vacation for a year if he gets hired. :(

millionairegirl
05-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I live 20 minutes away from the resort, and I try to make it at least once every 3 weeks. If I don't I start to get a twitch. Literally (ok maybe not literally!)

It depends what we want to do and what's going on, but we will almost always see WWTBAMPI!, ride Toad, and Big Thunder.

tink1234
05-11-2004, 07:36 PM
We live 20 hours away so we only go once or twice a year. :crying: