PDA

View Full Version : need more motel help please.

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
05-10-2004, 03:02 PM
my travel agent called, said to stay at a main gate hotel because of the distance of walk to howard johnsons. he said some best western main gate? I tried to get that but it comes up blank when I type it in to the search. Can any one tell me what motels are at the main gate? thank you so much, I will go look at them then and figure this out all over again. **Karla

Sheila
05-10-2004, 03:07 PM
my travel agent called, said to stay at a main gate hotel because of the distance of walk to howard johnsons. he said some best western main gate? I tried to get that but it comes up blank when I type it in to the search. Can any one tell me what motels are at the main gate? thank you so much, I will go look at them then and figure this out all over again. **KarlaThe link below will take you to all of the hotels which are on Harbor Blvd. near the main gate:

DLR Hotels Near the Main Gate (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20east%20of%20the%20 park%2C%20near%20the%20main%20gate)

Sheila

HBTiggerFan
05-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Be aware that some hotels that say "Main Gate" are nowhere near the main gate anymore, and are now on the other side of DCA. You don't want to get a hotel on Katella if you want to be close to the entry plaza.

CarlieB
05-10-2004, 03:13 PM
We stayed at the Carousel Inn & Suites last year - it was about a 2 minute walk across the street to the main gate. Pretty darn close really, and not very expensive.

mamabot
05-10-2004, 03:15 PM
I shall again put in my recommondation for the Best Western Park Place Inn. Nice enough hotel, closest non disney hotel to the park.

spectromen
05-10-2004, 03:17 PM
I checked out the list at the link. Some of them are not very close to the entrance, so I'd say stick with only the ones that have Harbor Blvd. as an address.

mrs_toad
05-10-2004, 03:21 PM
I agree with mamabot. If your Travel Agent is talking about the Best Western Park Place Inn, you should go with that. It is right at the crosswalk across the street. So close...you could easily take breaks during the day or run back to your room to drop things off. The motel has a decent restaurant too, Mom's.

Khiori
05-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Karlahart - I wanted to stay within walking distance of D-land too but not at the Disney Hotels (can't afford). I chose Tropicana based on distance (http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html) on this map and reviews from Mouse Planet. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20east%20of%20the%20 park%2C%20near%20the%20main%20gate) We're going to be staying there Tuesday night and Wednesday night this. I'll post back if I like it. Besides, I figured the walking to the trams and parking garage might not be much less than the walk to Tropicana. Wish me luck!

*editted to add - The cost was also a basis for choosing which motel to stay at.

BarbD
05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
I love Park Place Inn,. Ive stayed there 3 times. Here is a link to that http://www.anaheim.the-hotels.com/best-western-park-place-inn.htm

Its the closest you can get with out staying at Disney hotels

Hakuna Makarla
05-10-2004, 04:06 PM
I found the two I think he is talking about, one the best western Anaheim inn and the best western park place inn. Have any of you stayed here, and what is your comments please. Also mamabot, I will go look up the one you mentioned. thank you much for your help. and Khiori ,please let me know what you though about the tropicana ok. I am so stoked now. can not wait to get there!! I will go look up both best westerns, any one have comments on which one was better? thanks so much **karla

CarlieB
05-10-2004, 04:16 PM
The one Mamabot is talking about is the Best Western Park Place Inn:)

TinkR
05-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Best Western Park Place Inn is the better of the two Best Westerns on Harbor across from Main Gate (I've stayed at both). In fact I've stayed at the BW Park Place Inn I've become really good friends with one of the desk managers. I recommend this hotel to all my friends have heard no complaints. We've averaged four or five week long stays there for the past three years, so that might give you an idea that it's been working out well for us. Hope you have a good trip! :p

The Mouse Is Back
05-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Karlahart - I wanted to stay within walking distance of D-land too but not at the Disney Hotels (can't afford). I chose Tropicana...

(snipped)

I'll post back if I like it. Besides, I figured the walking to the trams and parking garage might not be much less than the walk to Tropicana. Wish me luck!

*editted to add - The cost was also a basis for choosing which motel to stay at.

I'll be looking for your report, since we'll be staying there on our little trip next week the 18th - 20th.

Hey Karla, if you stay at the Tropicana, maybe we can meet up. I read your post on the "parenting" board that your son is autistic, my daughter is autistic also (she's a grown-up, well as grown-up as they ever get :) ).

-Allegra-

Alpha1mom
05-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Howard Johnson is only a 7 minute walk! I think it's a great hotel!
Nice size rooms, very clean, very nice staff. There's 2 coffee shops right there. If you ask for a room overlooking DL, you can watch the fireworks.

We've stayed here twice and going again in June!!

Pat-n-Eil
05-11-2004, 07:08 AM
Best Western Park Place Inn is very good. I would also endorse it. It has inexpensive restaurants nearby and is an easy walk across to the park.

I got a great deal a couple of years ago on the Park Inn International and it was also a very clean and convenient motel right next door to McDonalds & Mimis.

tink1234
05-11-2004, 07:57 AM
We stayed at the Park Vue Inn. It is the second closest hotel to DL. Just a few inches different from the other hotel noted. It is fairly nonfrills, but is listed as a 3 star and I got a room for $45 a night the week of Thanksgiving 2 years ago. :)

Marty
05-11-2004, 08:40 AM
This link should help answer any question about what is close and what isn't:

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

Take a look at this page - anything between the Best Western Anaheim and the Park Inn are within easy walking distance. We got a suite at the Park Inn in March and my wife and I thought they did a very good job.

Hakuna Makarla
05-11-2004, 03:59 PM
I love all you guys info on the motels, I also looked up the tropican, it looks nice to. I am looking forward to your report Khiori when you get back ok. I really want a good motel we can have fun at as it will not just be disneyland we will be at, but probably the motel a lot of the time with the little one( he can take only so much stimulation) so I want a nice clean room, with a store in it, and a nice pool, and maybe something else to do if they have a game room.a continental breakfast would be great to!

Khiori
05-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Karla, I'll take lots of pictures for you. I'm planning on checking out the pool too - a first for me. Usually I steer way clear of those lol. Look for something from me on Thursday or Friday.

I hear there is an IHOP nearby. We're going to meet my brother there for breakfast tomorrow (he works at D-Land). I can write a little thing up for that too.

I'm so excited :D

Opus1guy
05-11-2004, 04:26 PM
karlahart...do you mind me asking what you are paying or is the most you'd like to pay? Also the date range you're looking at?

I only ask because sometimes folks might know about deals or specials at better places in the same price range.

Hakuna Makarla
05-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Thank you so much! I would like to see how much you like the room, and what you think about the others right by yours. Also I would reaslly like to look at your pictures, I think they will be a big help! The pool and easy access is what is important to me at this time as I know baby will want to stay close to it if its hot, and in August I think it may be pretty hot!
I usually hate the pools to, ( to many pretty skinny folks for me, but my kids will want it now and so now I am going to have to sit by it and also get in to it! Thank Gooodness I will not know any one who knows me ! I hate to show my fat behind , but heh! its a vacation right!

I am going to be watching this site tomorrow evening to hear all about your trip, and see the pic's/ Do you post them some where up on the web? boy I am really excited now!! I at a loss as to what motel to choose! tell me what you think of there contintal breakfast to ok, we love it when we do not have to go far for a quick meal. especially when we want to get into the park as soon as we can. :) thank you again Khiori, looking forward to your info tomorrow :) good night

Hakuna Makarla
05-11-2004, 04:31 PM
This link should help answer any question about what is close and what isn't:

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

Take a look at this page - anything between the Best Western Anaheim and the Park Inn are within easy walking distance. We got a suite at the Park Inn in March and my wife and I thought they did a very good job.

Is there a desert inn any more? I do not see it in the good neighbor book. but on the photo it says desert inn. any one here know what this place is called now?

Hakuna Makarla
05-11-2004, 04:48 PM
We first made arangements for the clarion,but then I told him that was way to far for me to walk. Then howard johnson was my second favorite. I had to pay 200.00 dollars extra for the howard johnson, so I am nor sure the prices but he said the best western would be about the same as howard johnsons. I guess I better ask tomorrow , I have to meet him to pay antoehr 200.00 on my trip. I have 7 hundred to pay on it still.

Hawaiian Cinderella
05-11-2004, 04:53 PM
My girlfriend and her family previously stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites. It is not a good neighbor motel but she said the rooms were clean and it was just a walk across the street to the main entry plaza. When we went to Disneyland last May we stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 4 nights and the Carousel Inn for 1 night. The Fairfield Inn felt like a more "upper" type of motel. The beds were comfortable, room was clean, they had a nice outdoor pool, a Millie's restaurant out front and a cafe on the 2nd or 3rd floor. No complimentary continental breakfast though. When we went to Disneyland this past March, we again stayed at the Carousel Inn, this time for 6 nights. The room is pretty basic but clean but the plus is having a microwave and fridge in the room. The microwave came in handy on numerous occassions. They also provide a very basic continental breakfast. I think they have an indoor pool somewhere but we did not check this out. Next March we are planning to stay at the Carousel Inn again for 7 nights and got a terrific rate thru their website, $69/night. With Fairfield you could walk but with a 5 year old, we took the shuttle. At the Carousel it was a quick walk across the street. Here is the link to their website, you can also make room reservations on it.
https://reservations.travelhero.com/index.cfm?aid=11&propertyid=67214

Hakuna Makarla
05-11-2004, 04:54 PM
396.00 for 4 nights at the park place inn, howard johnsons 356.00 hum howard johnsons is cheaper, and I thought much nicer. :)