PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Lightyear

Pages : [1] 2

Towmod
05-10-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm not familiar with the new ride coming to Tomorrowland. Is it a kid ride or an adult one?

jrad32
05-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Mostly for kids I would say. It's an interactive dark ride shooter. Fun enough and the whole family can ride, just not that exciting.

LSPoorEeyorick
05-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Everyone in my family, from four-year-old niece to sixty-year-old parent, loves the WDW version of the Buzz ride. It's, essentially, a cross between a frontierland shooting gallery and a fantasyland dark ride, and I find it to be terrifically fun. You have a joystick with which you can spin your two-person cart in either direction, and a laser gun which you use to shoot at targets all around the different rooms. You're essentially trying to usurp Evil Emperor Zurg's power source. Our first words after a ride are inevitably "let's do it again!"

It might be most fun if, say, your family is of the good-naturedly competitive sort. Mine is.

Tigertail777
05-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Basically a laser tag game inside Roger Rabbit ride, themed as Buzz lightyear.

CoasterMatt
05-10-2004, 10:08 AM
What a sad time we live in when anybody has to ask that question about an attraction being installed at Disneyland :(

Towmod
05-10-2004, 10:34 AM
What a sad time we live in when anybody has to ask that question about an attraction being installed at Disneyland :(

Would you not say its a more sad time when this is all that Disney can come up with for Tomorrowland? :confused:

LOYL2DZNY
05-10-2004, 10:48 AM
does anyone know whereabout in tomorrowland that this ride will be located?

CoasterMatt
05-10-2004, 10:50 AM
does anyone know whereabout in tomorrowland that this ride will be located?

Former Rocket Rods Queue/Circlevision Theater

NirvanaMan
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
It's a really fun ride with good repeatability. It's fitting for both kids and adults.

Disneyfreak
05-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Would you not say its a more sad time when this is all that Disney can come up with for Tomorrowland? :confused:

Dont remind me, it makes me sad and mad at the same time. :mad:

mzloolue
05-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Buzz is my husband's favorite ride. He somehow gets incredible scores. It's like a three dimensional ride through video game.

scaeagles
05-10-2004, 11:24 AM
I think this attraction will be a blast. I fully admit that I have never been on the version of this in other parks, so I can't speak to if it is "lame", as others in this thread have suggested.

There's even new tech involved, from the reports I've seen - internet access to the attraction? Where you can play along? That should be great, and I think it will be the first of its kind, though I don't know for sure.

It will be new to DL, state of the art, popularly themed....while not to everyone's taste, I don't know why it is vilified. There are certain things that I can certainly understand as being vilified - many a poster here have opened my eyes to certain things that as a casual Disneyland attendee I was unaware of - but this I can't seem to understand. There are classic attractions that I've never particularly cared for that may cause some to have a coronary should I suggest that I don't like them, but that's a matter of preference.

I don't see the normal arguments - nothing new, not well themed, done on the cheap (can't really speak to that yet, i suppose) - as applying here.

Tigertail777
05-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Actually, IF they dont cheap out, and we DO get the tokyo version, it will be a pretty nice little ride. If we get the wdw version...however YUCK.

Tokyos is more fully realized and better executed, it has quite a bit of 3d people/objects in the ride, as opposed to wdw's flat plywood cut outs. Plus the ride layout is a little better themed.

cstephens
05-10-2004, 11:46 AM
I disagree that Buzz is only for kids. I've only been on it once at WDW, and I really enjoyed it, as do many adults I know. I don't think it's "only for kids" any more than any of the other dark rides in Fantasyland are "only for kids".

CoasterMatt
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Well, if it's anything like WDW's, it's nothing but painted plywood, and barely responsive targets. I have some hope for it, because it's said to be closer in relation to Tokyo's Buzz ride, and they have spent a bit more on actual ride development and construction lately. I've seen more imagination and better targets on Sally Corporations Ghostblaster rides than Buzz WDW. It just didn't feel like a Disney attraction.

KeithOfTerror
05-10-2004, 01:36 PM
If you have ultr-violet vision that can detect the invisible dot of red light they laughingly call a lazer in the middle of a strobing, screaming, dark ride from hell, then I strongly reccommend Buzz Lightyear.

DisneyLover1031
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
We always make a point of going on the WDW version of Buzz Lightyear and have found that even the adults enjoy it.

My DD (17) loves to try and beat her dad in score. When we went at Thanksgiving last year we kept stopping and so the two of them scored out (999,999,999 points). When we stopped they just kept shooting at one particular spot and racking up the points. I don't know how many others did this, but I didn't. :crying:

It would be nice to see the same at DL. I know the kids would love it. (Adults too).

DCAWhites
05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Is the ride system like haunted mansion on our version, like tokyo's is? Hopefully it is because roger rabbit and wdw's buzz have crappy capacities.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-11-2004, 05:48 PM
...a strobing, screaming, dark ride from hell...Ok, you just made it sound WAY cooler than I thought it would be. :fez:

KeithOfTerror
05-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok, you just made it sound WAY cooler than I thought it would be. :fez:

Quite honestly, it's a cool ride, but the video game element is extremely hard.

DefyingGravity
05-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Frankly, I'm very excited about Buzz. I think it's the first step in reviving poor Tomorrowland. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole on-line aspect the first of it's kind? Sounds innovative to me!

KeithOfTerror
05-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Frankly, I'm very excited about Buzz. I think it's the first step in reviving poor Tomorrowland. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole on-line aspect the first of it's kind? Sounds innovative to me!

Sounds like complicated crap to distract us from the sad fact that all we get for our birthday is a cheap version of a cheap version of what was a cool ride.

Cadaverous Pallor
05-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Sounds like complicated crap to distract us from the sad fact that all we get for our birthday is a cheap version of a cheap version of what was a cool ride.If that is indeed what we get. We heard that we were getting a cheap TOT, and while you may be able to argue that subtracting the 5th dimension means it was cheaper, by all appearances it is not a ride done on the cheap - it's extremely detailed and immersive.

What we are hearing now is that we are getting the Tokyo (better) version along with the internet thing which Tokyo doesn't have. Sounds good to me. If that is indeed what we get.

Grains of salt for all until opening day.

Disneyfreak
05-11-2004, 06:24 PM
If that is indeed what we get. We heard that we were getting a cheap TOT, and while you may be able to argue that subtracting the 5th dimension means it was cheaper, by all appearances it is not a ride done on the cheap - it's extremely detailed and immersive.

What we are hearing now is that we are getting the Tokyo (better) version along with the internet thing which Tokyo doesn't have. Sounds good to me. If that is indeed what we get.

Grains of salt for all until opening day.

It better be as good as the Tokyo version or I am going to scream!!!!! :(

DefyingGravity
05-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Sounds like complicated crap to distract us from the sad fact that all we get for our birthday is a cheap version of a cheap version of what was a cool ride.

Now wait just one minute. How do we know that our Buzz is going to be a cheap version based off of WDW's as opposed to Tokyo's? For all we know, it could be the best Buzz yet. PLUS, I think we should be happy that Disney is trying to think of some new ideas for it's rides. I don't know if the on-line thing is going to work, but at least it's something new and innovative. Lastly, Buzz is not the ONLY thing DL is getting for the 50th. There's the reimagineered Space, decorated castle, new fireworks, new parade, and new video/exhibit on Main Street. While I still think DL should be getting more, I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say all we're getting is Buzz.