PDA

View Full Version : Just how cheap can they get?

Pirate Girl
05-09-2004, 10:29 PM
On my trip to DLR last week I bought a Bucket of Gummie Soliders from the candy store in DCA for my brothers. The bucket is fairly good sized...6 inches deep and 4 inches across...and when we opened it up it was full of confetti and a small bag of about 20 soliders.

Now, I was in no way expecting to have a full bucket of candy when I bought it, but I was expecting it to be at least half full. The candy in I purchased would have cost Disney all of 25 cents if they payed high prices, and I payed $4.

Now I know everything in the parks is overpriced, but good grief! I was really dissapointed. Not to mention how bummed my brother was (he is very fond of candy ;)).

ToursbabeC3po
05-09-2004, 11:02 PM
So did you split them. Did you get 5 and he get 5 LOL. Hey think of it this way it was was 2 bucks each :D

cryan71
05-09-2004, 11:13 PM
I think they can get pretty cheap.

You could return it if you are local.

dasrock
05-10-2004, 12:24 AM
disney magic :)

05-10-2004, 06:00 AM
disney magic :)

See, that's exactly it. Longterm, what is to be gained by gouging on candy?

mzloolue
05-10-2004, 09:44 AM
This kind of thing does make one think that someone is failing to consider that, in the quest for profit, it is still important to retain the good will of the customer. Short-term gain and long-term damage.

Ghoulish Delight
05-10-2004, 10:35 AM
I would have turned right around and returned it. If the ammount of candy wasn't visible from the outside, and the packaging was THAT much larger than what it actually contained, that's downright deceitful. It's one thing to have a small package of candy and charge too damned much for it. It another to disguise that small package in a larger package, then charge too damned much for it.

Pirate Girl
05-10-2004, 11:03 AM
I would have turned right around and returned it. If the ammount of candy wasn't visible from the outside, and the packaging was THAT much larger than what it actually contained, that's downright deceitful. It's one thing to have a small package of candy and charge too damned much for it. It another to disguise that small package in a larger package, then charge too damned much for it.

I would have returned it, but I live in Oregon, and we waited to open it until we got home. :| Not much I can do about it now.

cstephens
05-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I would have returned it, but I live in Oregon, and we waited to open it until we got home. :| Not much I can do about it now.

Actually, there is. I would suggest writing a letter or at least using the online "contact us" feature of the official website to let them know about your situation. No ranting, no name calling, just present what happened and how disappointed you and your kids are. Don't know if it'll do any good, and don't necessarily expect to get anything from it, but if enough people complain, maybe they'll change it.