PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the credit?

Tambour
05-09-2004, 09:38 PM
If you could say thank you in person to anyone at Disneyland, who would it be and what would you say.

This could be a CM, group of CMs, Department, Executive, etc...

ToursbabeC3po
05-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Well I am a cast member and I would say thanks to Cast Member Maynard for always making every guest feel like they are the only guest he has talked to that day. He gives guest 110% all the time.

Also I would have to say thanks to Cast member Matt O. I have seen some very possitive changes since he has been on board in a very sort period of time so thanks Matt!

ToursbabeC3po
05-09-2004, 09:44 PM
OHHHH I almost forgot! Thankyou to the Guest who keep coming back so that I have a job :D

Tambour
05-09-2004, 09:44 PM
what changes would you thank Matt for? specifically... I'm curious.

DCAWhites
05-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Matt's been doing a good job, on Cynthia's budget nonetheless. The park should be getting more TLC when Matt makes his own budget. Money will shift from the departments that have cash registers and middle management at TDA to those depts that actually help the parks (like custodial, facilities and paint shop).

ToursbabeC3po
05-09-2004, 09:51 PM
what changes would you thank Matt for? specifically... I'm curious.

Well, There are many things but I will give you two for now.
He walks up to cast members asks how they are doing also holds forums to see how things can and WILL improve in the park. He does not just talk, he does. Which is not normal for someone in his possition.

He expects excellence out of us as we do him. He has made sure that we abide by all costume regulations that had been sliding dramatically over the decade. There is no "gray area" anymore it is all black in white. I really think he is into the Disney look and he wants the Park to look fresh and new and I have seen alot of work in the park as far as painting and making things look the way they use to look when I first hired on.
Toursbabe

Opus1guy
05-09-2004, 09:59 PM
I would like to Thank any Cast Member that believes in the original business concept of Disneyland and those things that were taught to all Cast Members at the Disneyland University. Those that have hung in there year after year, management after management, new business "concept" after new business "concept"...enduring it all...keeping 'em honest...never letting them forget...keeping the fire lit even during all the snot-nosed greenhorn MBA "we're gonna show 'ya how it should be done" hurricanes.

If it weren't for those Cast Members hanging in there...the bad boys would have won long ago and Disneyland would not be a very enjoyable experience today.

Those folks literally have been keeping the dream alive.

IMHO.

mrs_toad
05-09-2004, 10:19 PM
He expects excellence out of us as we do him. He has made sure that we abide by all costume regulations that had been sliding dramatically over the decade. There is no "gray area" anymore it is all black in white.
ToursbabeHallelujah!! :D This is one of my pet peeves...I have really noticed a sharp decline in CM appeareance in the last few years!

I manage large groups of people at catered events. I would never allow for any person to work at an event in a sloppy, wrinkled uniform with disheveled hair.

I would like to thank the shareholders for demanding a change in The Walt Disney Company's current modus operandi.

merlinjones
05-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Whoever it was that convinced someone else with power to greenlight it that Space Mountain and Small World should be returned to their original color schemes.

DigitalLizard
05-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I would say a hearty hello and
gracious thank you to two leads:
Disneyland: Hardy
and
DCA: Richard

I originally got to know these guys
thru pin trading, as they both used
to be regulars on the "Super Trader"
shift a few years ago...

They are both really pleasant to
chat with and I've watched them
both progress from regular CM's to
leads... and it is nice to know that
the company does reward it's star
CM's with promotions.

They are both older men, not
antiques, but old enough to be
my fathers age (50's maybe)... but they are
just always really nice and take the time
out of their busy days to say hello
and chat about pins or the weather with me.

DCACM
05-10-2004, 01:21 PM
I would thank Matt for getting things back to the way things should be (Disney Look, maintenance, etc.), thank the loyal guests, and thank the watchdogs out there who keep Disney on its feet .

Also, if any guests would like to thank someone, please stop by City Hall or Guest Relations and put it in writing. It means a lot to us CMs.