PDA

View Full Version : CM: " Duh, what's a Disneyland ? "

zapppop
10-26-2001, 06:07 PM
Okay, I'm not saying this about ALL cast members but I find it a little annoying that some of the Disneyland cast members know NOTHING about the park or the Disney company.

I was at the park and I saw a guest approach a cast member and the guest said " when did Disneyland first open ? " and the CM said " I don't know. I don't really know anything about this place except that there's a castle and it's a small world ( *laughs* )"

Gimme a break ! July 17, 1955 !!

I understand that it is a job, like any other job, and you're doing it for money, but if you don't have an interest in the Disney company, don't work for it.

MammaSilva
10-26-2001, 06:10 PM
don't they get that information in their "traditions" class in orientation? or has that gone by the wayside in all the cost cutting efforts?

JRob2k1
10-26-2001, 06:17 PM
I seriously bet that was a very rare castmember!

For the hours they put in, and the wages they recieve....they almost have to love Disney to work there! (And thats not saying anything bad, because I would LOVE to work there!)

-JRob

Mouse
11-01-2001, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1
For the hours they put in, and the wages they recieve....they almost have to love Disney to work there! (And thats not saying anything bad, because I would LOVE to work there!)

Reasons I work at Disneyland beside the fact that it is a really cool job:cool::

Pays more then my previous employer
Main Gate pass for family/friends
Entry for myself anytime

Perks:
Something to brag about
Discounts
Being part of the Disney family

Contrary to your impression, JRob, there are plenty of reasons beside shear love for Disneyland to work there. Even the casual Disney fan would appreciate a Main Gate pass.

There are many things I did not know about Disney when I first started. I’m sure most of you guys on the boards still know more then I do. Sure, we got one or two important dates at orientation but it’s not like they were focused on as much as, say, safety.

Originally posted by zapppop
I understand that it is a job, like any other job, and you're doing it for money, but if you don't have an interest in the Disney company, don't work for it.

Zappop – that’s a little harsh. So the CM didn’t know the day Disneyland opened that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care for the company. Even if he has no interest in Disneyland that doesn’t mean he should be denied the job or take it upon himself to steer clear of a position at the park. Like you said a job is a job, some do it just for the money.

Tbird94509
12-01-2001, 06:07 AM
When they did the original map walk at Disneyland where you had to locate past attractions and get your map stamped, I had to explain to the CM manning the Skull Rock station what Skull Rock had been. No one ever told her the history - just stamp the maps when people show up.

Ace
12-01-2001, 11:12 AM
how much does disney pay to be a CM at disneyland?

Tbird94509
12-01-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Squinky

Heck, I'd probably pay them to be a CM!!

tabacco
12-01-2001, 11:37 AM
$7/hour for most positions.

Originally posted by Squinky