PDA

View Full Version : Summer Weekdays Less Crowded: Myth or Fact?

Pat-n-Eil
05-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Going to DLR at the end of June.

I decided that we'd go Monday through Thursday because I thought it might be less crowded than the weekend. Am I fooling myself? Will I even notice a difference?

The first time I went with my wife & kids it seems that Tuesday & Wednesday were the lightest days of that trip.. but then it could be that things have changed. So could anyone with some insight or experience share what you think?

Thank you :)

Klutch
05-09-2004, 08:02 AM
I think you're pretty much on-track there, Pat&Eil. Although summers are more crowded than some winter periods, weekdays are certainly less crowded than weekends year round (excluding holidays). Consider that many Orange County locals use Disneyland as a kind of country club and often drop by on weekends.

Be sure to heed the oft-mentioned advice to get to the park early (as in, just before it opens). There's nothing like the excitement of being on Main Street USA for the rope drop and riding several E-tickets with little or no line. :)

Have fun!

Not Afraid
05-09-2004, 09:00 AM
I met up with my niece one Wednesday in August. It was the most crowded day I've seen in the Park barring NYE or other major events. I was surprised, but it seems that it doesn't matter when you go in Summer.

DisneylandForever
05-09-2004, 09:08 AM
IMO, Klutch is right. Summers are always crowded, mind you, but you will notice a difference from a Wednesday compared to a Saturday. A lot of people just go to the park on weekends. I'm a good example. I live in SF and I'll have a 3-day weekend from work coming up in June. I'll be using it to head down to DL. A lot of times when I get a free weekend or better yet a 3-day weekend and I have a little extra cash, I'll shoot down to Anaheim. Mon-Thur is usually a little less crowded.

cstephens
05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Don't know if it's still true, but Mondays used to actually be kinda crowded. Everyone seemed to think that it was empty because it was a weekday, and taking a Monday off is easier than taking a middle weekday off, so lots of people would do that and boom, the park is crowded.

I always recommend Tuesday through Thursday.

CONNCR
05-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Wednesday and Thursday are typically the least crowed of the week, even in summer. However, that is always subject to change--and your perception.

DCAWhites
05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Also remember to take into account which APs are blocked out on which days. So if the delux passes work mon-thursday in july but are blocked weekends, the weekend might not be any more crowded than say, monday (which is the 4th busiest day at the parks).