PDA

View Full Version : LuminAria ( just what DCA needs....another show )

zapppop
10-26-2001, 05:38 PM
Okay, so the main reason why locals aren't coming to DCA is lack of rides. So the peeps at Disney decide rather than put in some new rides to bring in more shows. First MSEP ( a night time show ) , then WWTBAM ( a day time show ), and now LuminAria ( another night time show ).

Now what I'm wondering is this:
What makes Disney think that locals will spend a day in a theme park then don't like to see a 10-15 min. night time show ?

I don't think LuminAria will help DCA's attendance.

What do you think ?

JRob2k1
10-26-2001, 06:15 PM
First off, I like DCA, but I am still very disapointed in the final outcome, because I see the potential it has!

Here's one of my few times to defend DCA...

What do you want from Disney man?? DCA desperately needs attractions but it takes for them to be built....ToT cant be built in a day...not even the cheapest, lamest carny ride will at least take a couple of months!! Everyone is pretty sure that ToT(lite), and the potentially crappy bugsville/land/crap is greenlighted...So that means attractions are on their way! But what to do during that lull?? They still need to bring in people somehow?

Luminaria! Even if this show is a "dud"...it will draw more crowds to DCA just because its something new, and not MSEP new either! Plus with Fantasmic gone, I'm sure it will bring some extra nightime crowds before and after DL's fireworks!

So far the show, in theory, sounds good. Like a modest Reflections of Earth!

So my final thought....DCA needs, needs, and needs attractions. They are being greenlighted/built as we talk...What else do you want from them dude? And I look foward to Luminaria!

Wow, cant believe I just defended DCA!:eek: :eek:
:cool:

-JRob

zapppop
10-26-2001, 06:39 PM
I know what you mean about the possibilities a new theme park can have. I understand it'll take time to build quality rides.
I would like Disney to just simply say they messed up and give some kind of public notification that some new rides are coming.

SimpTwister
10-26-2001, 09:25 PM
I think LuminAria is a good thing. DCA really needed a nighttime pyro show.

Of course, DCA also needs rides! It is surprising that they haven't even announced anything yet.

Personally, I would make fun of DCA a lot less if I knew for a fact that several new attractions were on their way.

I think the general public would feel the same. If there were huge posters up in the park saying "Coming Soon- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror!", DCA guests would realize that they're experiencing DCA v 1.0, and that help is on the way.

Add a couple of more huge posters announcing Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Armageddon (or attractions of a similar scale), maybe another poster announcing a new E-Ticket family ride, and DCA's problems would be largely solved IMO.

Rather than complain about a lack of rides, the guests might become excited about Phase II. They may even plan a return trip to see the new stuff.

Nigel2
10-26-2001, 09:42 PM
It would be nice to see a new nightime show if its as good as Illuminations. If Disney said DCA was a flop then it would really really hurt its public confidence, possibly driving down attendace even more. Plus they aren't going to just let it stay that way as it was said above, it takes time if they are basically having the imaganears starting with no stritct criteria.

merlinjones
10-26-2001, 11:33 PM
Luminaria could be the best thing since MSEP, Fantasmic and Beleive! and it still won't get anyone to come to DCA.

MammaSilva
10-27-2001, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Luminaria could be the best thing since MSEP, Fantasmic and Beleive! and it still won't get anyone to come to DCA.

Now I am not the biggest DCA fan around but I have to disagree with this statement....if you have park hopper passes more than likely you'll stroll across the esplanade to see the show at least once....I have serious reservations about it only because of the lack of seating....where will the handicapped accessiable seating be located...issues like that can cause the event to be fun or miserable .... and like everything else, word of mouth will do more to help/hurt the shows attendance than anything Disney puts out officially

CaliforniaCrazy
10-27-2001, 05:14 PM
I think it's just going to be a case of uphill, downhill for a while. When this new show premieres, DCA might have an uphill attendence for awhile, but if the public doesn't like it, the attendence will slow back down to a crawl. I like DCA because there is a lot to build onto it, but I doubt this one little show will pave the way for a record-setting attendence.

Nigel2
10-27-2001, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva

I have serious reservations about it only because of the lack of seating....where will the handicapped accessiable seating be located...issues like that can cause the event to be fun or miserable .... and like everything else, word of mouth will do more to help/hurt the shows attendance than anything Disney puts out officially

Um, odds are once it gets going you can just show up like 10 miniutes ahead of time and you have a good spot, its not like fantasmic where you can only see it from a limited area the whole lagoon has a view of it so wheelchairs wont be as much of an issuse, plus there is probably an area set up for them anyway.