PDA

View Full Version : Is Mothers Day a Mad house At D-Land??

SCUBAbe
05-08-2004, 08:34 AM
For some reason thats where my mother wants to go and she wants me to drive. I guess she forgot that I'm a mother to, but oh well. I'll at least get on the new ride again at DCA.

Anyway, should I be expecting the worst? I think the worst crowd I've ever been in there was two days after christmas about 6 years ago. We couldn't even walk. We were there from opening to close and got on 4 rides and EVERYONE was complaining that so many people were let in. One lady was trying to call the fire insepector. (Ok that was kind of funny)....SW had a 4 hour wait and it took us almost an hour to walk from frontier land to SW.

I was just wondering.....?? Right now my plans are to ride tower a couple of times and people watch...LOL...oh, but my daughter will be there. I guess we'll gather fast passes...

Not Afraid
05-08-2004, 09:05 AM
I'll tell you after tomorrow.

MonorailMan
05-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I'll tell you after tomorrow.
So your going to be there? :~D

Not Afraid
05-08-2004, 10:36 AM
So your going to be there? :~D
I will show up at some point. No promises.

Disneyfreak
05-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Im pretty sure it will be crowded but not as crowded as that day you went during christmas.

Doombuggy999
05-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Some travel guides I have don't list Mother's Day as being particularly busy...one of the busiest though is the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. :eek:

Grumpy4
05-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I've been there the past 2 years in a row on Mother's Day. It is a little crowded because it's a Sunday. There are a lot of dads with their kids giving mom the day off. I don't think it's as crowded as most Sundays, but you do have some fair wait times. If you are an AP, then you'll be happy you can park hop. If you want to hit TOT, go early. It is opening weekend for them. Have fun!!

DisManiac87
05-08-2004, 01:05 PM
No I don't think you will be in the worst because most kids are not out of school yet but I think most of the people that are there will want to ride the tower so get a lot of fast passes

mousey_girl
05-08-2004, 06:40 PM
We will be there tomorrow. Just in case it is busy I made reservations for breakfast.

Our only "goal" for tomorrow is to ride ToT (or at least go take a look at it).

SCUBAbe
05-08-2004, 07:54 PM
We will be there tomorrow. Just in case it is busy I made reservations for breakfast.

Our only "goal" for tomorrow is to ride ToT (or at least go take a look at it).

I'll be there tomorow also. We'll be there at 8:00am, but I'll be at DCA as soon as it opens. I really want to ride TOT again. My mother efuses to go on it though...LOL

Disneyfreak
05-08-2004, 11:31 PM
You are all forgetting that it is opening weekend for a major E-ticket attraction. Be prepared for 2-4 hour waits for tot. For that reason I think it will be busy.

Not Afraid
05-09-2004, 12:10 AM
You are all forgetting that it is opening weekend for a major E-ticket attraction. Be prepared for 2-4 hour waits for tot. For that reason I think it will be busy.
In DCA.

I'm going to Disneyland!;)

dsnyredhead
05-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Typically, it's been busy but not that much more than any other weekend day during the summer....

Uncle Dick
05-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Actually, the line for ToT didn't exceed 45 minutes or so until one of the shafts went out of commission yesterday. Then it jumped up to 2 hours, but I was still surprised at the relatively small crowds that gathered 'round ToT during its first weekend in operation.

mousey_girl
05-09-2004, 04:25 PM
At 10:45 this morning the stand-by time was @ 60 mins for ToT. By the time we exited the ride (we had the fastpass we had won online) the wait time was 90 mins. DCA was getting real busy today and it was very warm.

We made the mistake of riding Screamin' right after ToT. We got stuck out in the sun for @ 5 mins.... By the time we got off both The Hubby and I were not feeling so good.

The boys rode GRR, it had a posted 50 min wait, but they got through the line much faster than that.

We had had enough and were headed to the Build-a-Bear Workshop and ran into Monorail Man, Monorail Mom and Purple Dove in the entranceway leading from GCH to DCA.

We were back on I-5 by 2:35 and heading home.

DisneyFan25863
05-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Yes.

Unfortunantly, I didn't see anyone. But I did get 4 rides on TOT :D

HBTiggerFan
05-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Disneyland was the most uncrowded I have seen it on a Sunday in a looooong time. Walk on Matterhorn (with a reride too), 5 minutes for BTRR, walk on HM, maybe 5 minutes for PotC.

When I left at 5:30 the line for DCA was past the letters...

Not Afraid
05-09-2004, 08:40 PM
As Tigs said, DL was wonderfully empty. It was a really easy day. We went over to DCA at 5:45 and, after a stop at Burrrrrbank rode Tower. The posted wait time was 40 minutes. We rode with FP and by the time we came out, the line was winding it's way through the emergency queue area. I didn't see the wait time, but It was probably 60+ minutes.

I'll take a day at DL like that any day.

Forbin
05-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Didn't make it to DCA but DL was VERY uncrowded. They were giving out Flowers to all mothers inside the entrance to DL.

We went to Small world at 4:00 and there was NO LINE! It was completely empty and they were letting empty boats through. Now that was a switch.
Snow White show was uncrowded. (We didn't do it, but it didn't have much of a line)

The only bad thing was Autopia, it had 0 line when I went down it, when we got out the line went AROUND the queue. We must've hit a lull on that one.

Alladin's Magical Adventures was crowded, but again I got lucky and got in the line before it got bad.

The only crowded ride? Jungle Cruise, they opened the upper queue, I haven't seen that in almost a year.

I gotta remember, Mother's Day is a GOOD day to go to DLR.

cemeinke
05-09-2004, 10:00 PM
I gotta remember, Mother's Day is a GOOD day to go to DLR.
Well, maybe this year. The crowds were light, but extended cues were set up and both ships were sailing on the Rivers of America. Disney was definately expecting a larger turn-out today. Perhaps they all went to ride Tower of Terror instead?

mamabot
05-10-2004, 07:15 AM
My family agreed that yesterday was a perfect day at DL. We were able to do a lot of attractions, even with a lot of down time to experience the musical groups around the park and smoke breaks for my parents.

I had an inkling that DL might be less crowded as usual with it being the first official weekend for TOT. I did not expect to walk on as many rides as we did.

Short lines (even though they were set up for a much bigger crowd), great weather, and a picture with Huck Finn...It was the most perfect Mother's Day.