PDA

View Full Version : Believe...show on 5-19

Pages : [1] 2

Lekta
05-07-2004, 07:37 PM
"…There will be a test of the Believe There's Magic in the Stars fireworks on Wednesday, May 19 at 9:15 p.m. The park is scheduled to close at 10 that evening."

I show that DL closes at 8pm that day. Where did you find this info and does that only pertain to Wednesday? Or is that the time that the park will be closing all week? I checked disneyland.com and they say that the park is opened 10-8pm all week.

Thank you kindly!

MeganPierce
05-08-2004, 05:37 AM
I hope it is true because we will be there that week. I haven't heard anything to verify if there will be a show or not. I wonder if it will be posted that week. I don't think that they would wait til the last minute to announce that they are closing at 10. The 20th is Grad Nite and I have heard that in the past they have had fireworks at midnight. So there may be 2 opportunities for fireworks during my trip. YEAH! :)

Lekta
05-08-2004, 08:27 AM
The 20th is grad night?? Seriously? Wow, we can never plan a trip just right! We try to plan the trip around Spring Breaks, Summer Breaks, etc. Somehow the last two visits we were there in correlation to Spring Break in some parts of the country and it was PACKED!

Now your telling me that the last 4 days of our vacation is going to be much the same.... :crying:

Slate
05-08-2004, 09:21 AM
The 20th is grad night?? Seriously? Wow, we can never plan a trip just right! We try to plan the trip around Spring Breaks, Summer Breaks, etc. Somehow the last two visits we were there in correlation to Spring Break in some parts of the country and it was PACKED!

Now your telling me that the last 4 days of our vacation is going to be much the same.... :crying:

If I am not mistaken I belive the Grad nights start at closing or midnight and run until 6am. I belive DL was smart to not interfere with regular families that plan these trips months/years in advance. :)

AVP
05-08-2004, 09:23 AM
"…There will be a test of the Believe There's Magic in the Stars fireworks on Wednesday, May 19 at 9:15 p.m. The park is scheduled to close at 10 that evening."Where did you find this info and does that only pertain to Wednesday? Both bits of info were from an internal source at Disneyland. I wasn't aware that the hours did not match the public listing.

AVP

Not Afraid
05-08-2004, 09:24 AM
If I am not mistaken I belive the Grad nights start at closing or midnight and run until 6am. I belive DL was smart to not interfere with regular families that plan these trips months/years in advance. :)
As I've been told, the grads will be congregating in DCA first and then going to DL after closing. Even if this is not the case, the only interaction you have with the grads is in the parking lot, tram route, and esplanade.

Lekta
05-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Not worried about the actual grad night, as they will be in there after it closes, it is the following days of massive crowds that will follow...

MeganPierce
05-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Sorry, I hope that I didn't freak you out with my post. We will be there at the same time. I was worried that we would be over run by people too. The schools in our area graduate on the weekend of the 15th but everyone else goes for a couple of weeks. I really hope it won't be that busy. I keep banking on the fact that the majority of children will be in school. I keep telling myself it will be ok, who would pull a kid out of school with 2 weeks left to go to DL? Yes, we may encounter some annoying teenagers but doesn't that happen everywhere? I guess we will find out. If you see me wave Hi. I will be the parent not yelling at my kids. I'm going to enjoy myself (with or without teenagers) and let the kiddies have a good time too. ;)

happyhaunts999
05-08-2004, 03:53 PM
There will be no massive crowds to follow, they just take the grads to the park as a congrats trip for graduating. They go home the next morning. They are still in school and they just happen to be there at midnight. Crowds are not affected by these things. If you leave the park at close and went to your hotel room you would never even know they were there.

mrs_toad
05-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Just a thought...we were the grads of yesterday and your children are the grads of tomorrow. They're teenagers having fun at DLR, it's not like the Black Plague is spreading throughout DLR. ;) And like happyhaunts999 posted...the teens arrive and have fun all night, then head home exhausted the next morning.

Lekta
05-08-2004, 07:10 PM
My worry was more along the lines of the crowds, not necessarily of the teenage type, but any type. :D

I am not that far removed from being a grad myself and I know that they deserve a fantastic night in a fantastic place. I have no problems with that. The only problem that I was expressing was the fact that schools would be letting out, thus increasing the population at DLR. As I stated, we try to plan around events such as spring break, summer breaks, etc. as we have experienced first hand the massivity (i think I just made that up, you like?) of the crowds during such events. We were unable to ride 2 of our favorite rides on our last trip because of that. I just want to have a great trip, and, I know that we will regardless of crowds. :D

burnt33
05-08-2004, 07:59 PM
lets get back to why this thread was started. Is there going to be any fireworks
while we are all there from the 16th to the 22nd. ???

happyhaunts999
05-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Letka most if not all schools are in session at the time of your trip. That is why I am going at the same time. The weekends will be busy but the weekdays will relativly light. DCA has not had attendance explode as was thought might happen. Crowds are always light over there even with ToT and Disneyland is always busy it is just manageable right now. You will get on all the rides this time. Except Space/Peter Pan/Alice in wonderland/ Which are closed.

The Mouse Is Back
05-08-2004, 11:13 PM
We're going to be there the 18th thru the 20th, and it would be great to see "Believe" while we're there.

-Allegra-

Lekta
05-09-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm fairly sure that the Believe fireworks will only be on the 19th, but, as I said, it doesn't show on the official site that they will even be open that long. I would love to see it though!! :D

MeganPierce
05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Me too! :) We will be there the 17th to 21st. One week and California here we come!

AVP
05-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I don't know if I mis-read what I originally saw, or if it was changed in the last revision, but the most recent entertainment calendar now shows the park closing at 8, AND a showing of Believe at 9:15. There is no grad night that night, so I have no idea why they would be showing fireworks 75 minutes after the park closes.

AVP

Supermatt70
05-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Currently, the schedule I just looked at for my upcoming trip shows it "soft opening" on 5/14 & 15 and on 5/21 &22. I looked at the Disneyland Cast Portal as I am a WDW CM. This is good new for me since I will be there for 5/14 & 15. I have a Fantasmic balcony for the 15th! Woo-hoo! :D

Bruce Bergman
05-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I don't know if I mis-read what I originally saw, or if it was changed in the last revision, but the most recent entertainment calendar now shows the park closing at 8, AND a showing of Believe at 9:15. There is no grad night that night, so I have no idea why they would be showing fireworks 75 minutes after the park closes.

AVP

My first thought was this would be a Secret test (like you can throw something in the air and keep it secret...) of the new "Wishes" show - in which case they may want to keep the soundtrack and other details a secret for as long as possible, and just test that the shells are going to look like they want from various locations in the park, and that the delay timing between the launch points is right.

Or they want to test the new launch tubes they were putting in (they were supposed to be adding a lot more air-launcher tubes, and putting more of them on computer-steerable gimbal bases to adjust for the wind), and will just throw up some fireworks after close to "clear the pipes".

If someone has an inside source, please find out.

:fez: -<< Bruce>>--

Lekta
05-10-2004, 11:47 AM
So now it looks as though they will have a test run of Believe, but not let people stay in the parks to watch it? Bummer...

Bruce Bergman
05-10-2004, 05:52 PM
So now it looks as though they will have a test run of Believe, but not let people stay in the parks to watch it? Bummer...

That's what I'm being told - it's just a test run of the rebuilt launcher system deliberately done after park hours, and to make sure all the intercom stations and other gear they need to make the show work, works. This is the time to find out something doesn't work, not on opening night with Tink all ready to go and a whole park full of people waiting...

I am guessing that they might not even do a full load of shells - but if they want to get the Mickey Shells, the crossing comets, and other specialty shells to come up in the right places, they might shoot those shells off a few times to get the air-launcher pressures, the aim, and the timing right.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

The Mouse Is Back
05-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, if they're actually going to be testing pyrotechnics, *maybe* depending upon which hotel a person is staying, they *might* see *something*.

:cool:

-Allegra-

We're staying at the Tropicana right across the street. Should I request a DL view? Just in case?

mrs_toad
05-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Currently, the schedule I just looked at for my upcoming trip shows it "soft opening" on 5/14 & 15 and on 5/21 &22. I looked at the Disneyland Cast Portal as I am a WDW CM. This is good new for me since I will be there for 5/14 & 15. I have a Fantasmic balcony for the 15th! Woo-hoo! :D
Hi Supermatt70...do you have balcony seats for the first show? If so, I'll see you there, so do I. Yippee...Fantasmic and fireworks on the 15th! :)

Supermatt70
05-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi Supermatt70...do you have balcony seats for the first show? If so, I'll see you there, so do I. Yippee...Fantasmic and fireworks on the 15th! :)

Hello Mrs. Toad! We have the balcony for the 10:30 show because we could be in the first row for that show and I have a 10 yr old in my party for her birthday. Too bad because it would be nice to meet you. :crying:

I hope you enjoy yourself, I know we're looking forward to it! And now, BONUS...Believe.
SuperMatt

Doombuggies
05-12-2004, 08:28 PM
There were fireworks tonight (Wed May 12th)and I checked Disneyland.com and it shows the park closed at 8pm tonight with fireworks 9:15. I thought that was a little odd.