PDA

View Full Version : DCA TOT VS. Disney's MGM TOT

snappy
05-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Not sure if there's a thread but it had to be done, sorry.

*After riding DCA-TOT numerous times(5-4-04)Media Event/ and riding the MGM-TOT within the last 6 months, I can honestly say I am leaning towards the MGM-TOT ride over DCA-TOT. The DCA-TOT is a great ride but you can't compare the two. Both rides are similar but the MGM has a HUGE effect over the DCA-TOT. Ofcourse we all know, the elevator moving horizontal before attaching itself to the main drop shaft is to me AWESOME. The only advantage I can see DCA-TOT has over MGM-TOT is I only have to travel 35 miles to ride it over and over, and MGM-TOT I would have to travel almost 1700 miles(est) to ride it.
What do you think about the two?
There appears to have been more drops from the top with the DCA-TOT? True/False?
*Both rides are great in their own special ways..
*I guess I was hoping they would have added the horizontal movement to the DCA version.

innerSpaceman
05-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Well, to be fair, the DCA version does have horizontal movement. It comes at the very beginning of the ride (and, almost unnoticeably, at the end). I don't think this provides as good an effect as when and how it occurs in the MGM version, but it is incorrect to say that the California ToT has no horizontal movement.

Here's something that's not often talked about in comparing the two rides: The View.

From the top of ToT, which version do you think has the better momentary view?

MonorailMan
05-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Maybe if the DCA Horizontal movement was slowed down a bit, it would have more impact?