PDA

View Full Version : What to do for a Birthday

Pirate Girl
05-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm taking my cousin to Disneyland for her birthday this year, I know they have the birthday buckets ect. and the stickers...but she's turning 18, so I was wondering if there was anything else special that can be arranged or that we can go to?

millionairegirl
05-06-2004, 12:18 PM
I enjoyed a lovely birthday lunch at Blue Bayou one year. It was especially nice because the park was very empty (mid-week in October) and the dessert menu included Jack Skellington's Pumpkin Creme Boole.

It depends what she would be interested in. I've heard the tours are fun. I did a couple in Florida and they were very interesting, the ones in Disneyland seem to be more Walt oriented, so that may be cool. So, if she's Disney obsessed, do a tour.

I'm a fan of low-key 'me-centric' indulgences (i.e. a lovely lunch, followed by a shopping spree at sephora, followed by a rest on the leather couches in GCH).

cstephens
05-06-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm taking my cousin to Disneyland for her birthday this year, I know they have the birthday buckets ect. and the stickers...but she's turning 18, so I was wondering if there was anything else special that can be arranged or that we can go to?

I have a birthday page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) that you might find helpful.

CarlieB
05-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I second the lunch at the Blue Bayou idea. We did this for a friend last year and it was nice. Make sure she gets a birthday sticker from City Hall too!:)

Khiori
05-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Cstephens, that is a really cool page. So much useful information! Thanks for sharing it :)

Pirate Girl
05-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Yes, thankyou. That was really helpful! Although, I thought the bit about Cynthia Harris signing autographs was pretty funny.