PDA

View Full Version : Should they bring back ticket books for the 50th celebration?

Disneyfreak
05-05-2004, 08:11 PM
What do you guys think of them bringing back the ticket books for that year only? They would obviously be different because to get on a ride you would flash the ticket to the cm like an ap but you wont need to buy new ones or anything. When you pay for admission they would give you a ticket book and it would only be good for that day. But you would still get into the park with the admission ticket. It would be more of a collector’s item.

Not Afraid
05-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I'll just use the ones I have.

Oops. Where's Adventures Thru Inner Space? Where's Circle Vision? Where's Tomorrowland?

:eek:

Disneyfreak
05-05-2004, 09:03 PM
They wouldn't look like the ones back then but with that new gold castle emblem. If you have the originals like I do then I wouldn't use them lol.

sambo
05-05-2004, 09:18 PM
No - Don't like the idea.

stan4d_steph
05-06-2004, 05:38 AM
A lot of opinions on this very subject were expressed on this recent thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=27534).

I think it's a bad idea and would only cause a lot of frustration for guests and CMs alike.

EandCDad
05-06-2004, 05:50 AM
If they brought back ticket books, I'd love to read the threads.

"Ahhhhh, ticket books, just like when I was but a lad *sniff* *sniff*, Walt is smiling down from heaven today........of course, that SOB Eisner is only doing this to pry a few precious dollars out of our pockets when we want to ride Indy twice in one day, he probably needs to buy another helicopter."

Moonliner
05-06-2004, 05:59 AM
Being decrepit enough to actually remember visiting DL using ticket books, I'd definitely DO NOT yearn for the good-old-days in this case. It was a pain to keep track of them, and you always used up the E’s way too soon.

However, if you do insist on this bit of misplaced nostalgia, I suppose you could bring back the "ticket book" concept via the fastpass system. When you enter the main gate you are presented with a full set of timed passes. One for each fastpass ride.

Disneyfreak
05-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Cool idea! I think that would work. But you could also sell them as a souvenier.

MansionMatt
05-06-2004, 03:47 PM
i love the idea of a "ticket book" with fastpasses designed to look like a classic DL ticket book! so clever, and a neat way to be nostalgic without shaking up how the park operates now.

like i mentioned before, i'd be up for a ticket book promotion as a one-day or one-week thing, or maybe even a special evening promotion that's a whole separate event. if they did that, they could introduce some small retro touches that would make it seem like old DL...

like that dude with the rocket pack! that'd be RAD.

Not Afraid
05-06-2004, 05:16 PM
If Fastpasses were included in ticketbooks we'd have to take the word "Fast" out of the name.

cemeinke
05-06-2004, 07:54 PM
NO

(This text is intentionally yelllow)

superjocko
05-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Perhaps an old style ticket boot as a souvenier would be cool, but I wouldn't want to have to actually use the tickets to get on a ride. I remember the ticket books from when I was a kid. I like paying one price to ride, and see, everything much better.

DisneyLover1031
05-11-2004, 08:36 AM
I agree with DisneyFreak & Superjocko - have them for purchase as a souvenier at a REASONABLE price.

When we originally were going to DL, they had the books and any extras my mom would keep. After they retired the ticket books completely, (even the ticket books that were good for all rides), she went through her stash and put together a book of 1 ticket each for us three kids (that was all she was able to divide equally). I still have mine put away and love the fact that she was able to do that for us.

Moonliner
05-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Present company excepted of course...

I wonder if you did a survey of ramdon guests inside DL, what percentage would even know that there were once tickets. I know I've used the term "Wow that's a real E-Ticket" as an expression of respect for something and received mostly blank stares back....

NirvanaMan
05-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Uh.....no.