PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite spot(s) at the Parks?

Pages : [1] 2

CarlieB
05-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Not (necessarily) your favourite ride, or favourite restaurant or whatever (though it may be). What are your favourite places to just "be" in the Parks? Where are you at your happiest when you go to DL & DCA (no smart replies about on the way out of DCA, please:~D )

Mine:

DL -

The start of Main Street, looking towards the Castle - any time of day, this is a great view:)

By the edge of the Rivers of America, just watching/hearing everything happen around me

Outside the Haunted Mansion, especially in the evening, soaking up the theming

Watching the logs hurtle down the last big drop on Splash Mountain

DCA -

Sitting in the sun around Paradise Pier while everyone else goes on the rides I'm too chicken for:D

Watching the rafts on GRR, and seeing if anyone gets soaked by the geyser:~D

Wandering through the grounds of the GCH, away from it all:)

disNeytEen
05-05-2004, 06:43 PM
DL
-Walking in and just thinking all my troubles are out the door.

-In the Indiana Jones line. Just wonderous

DCA
-Walking around in the GRR area just so woodsy

-At night just looking at all the lights (does ne one have an ariel picture?)

CarlieB
05-05-2004, 07:01 PM
In the Indiana Jones line. Just wonderous]
Yeah, the Indy queue is pretty impressive:)

I forgot waiting for a boat in POTC. It was the first ever ride I went on at DL, so it has a special feel for me. Plus, I love the lighting, and the smell:D

disNeytEen
05-05-2004, 07:11 PM
and the smell:D

I love the smell of POTC it just gives you that completness of the ride

BJW
05-05-2004, 07:13 PM
DL
The site of Main St. when you first walk through the tunnel.
The pathways at the side of the castle
The Tiki Room courtyard/Bengal BBQ tables
Red Rockets Pizza Port
The creek in Critter Country
DCA
Golden Vine Winery (relaxing, can enjoy wine and kick back in the cellar)
Hollywood Tower Hotel giftshop and lobby
Golden Gate Plaza
Inside Calif. Zephyr train
Soarin que/aviation exhibit
Waterfalls around GRR
Paradise Pier
DTD
Rainforest Cafe (in and around)
leaf-shaped fountains and waterfalls
GCH lobby
where the guitarist plays
AMC theatre lobby

Not Afraid
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
I have my favorite places to just sit and lounge while sipping a Mocha and people-watching and generally enjoying the DLR are:

The Drawbridge

The Gallery Balcony

The Lobby of the Grand Californian

NirvanaMan
05-05-2004, 07:33 PM
I really love the walkway in DCA between the Airplane and just after GRR. It's really beautiful and relatively quiet.

MonorailMan
05-05-2004, 07:41 PM
After doing a bit of Homework lately at the DLR, I have found two great spots:

One of them is the benches just outside of TOT. The mood outside, staring at the tower is very immersive, and after looking at so many pictures, is almost surrealistic.

The Second spot also has to do with TOT. There are benches just outside the exit stairs, from the elevators. Also an immersive experience, and a nice and cool one too.

For Non-Tower Spots:

- GCH Lobby
- Patio of Whitewater
- TSI
- Gallery Patio
- Royal Courtyard
- Fantasia Gardens

:)

CarlieB
05-05-2004, 07:45 PM
I can't wait to see the theming round ToT - it sounds fantastic:)

cemeinke
05-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Disneyland:
Castle Drawbridge
Next to the Mark Twain dock (where we see the back of Fantasmic!)

DCA:
Animation Building
Burrrbank Ice Cream

Downtown Disney:
Grand Californian - Lobby, Hearthstone Lounge, and outside Fireplace
Disneyland Hotel - By the Jungle Cruise boats, and Waterfalls

SCUBAbe
05-05-2004, 10:04 PM
anywhere in either park at night. I'm a total night owl. Last year one of our favorite spots was the porch on main street that had the chairs on it. We would buy a strawberry and eat it on that porch watching the people walk by.

On the last visit I really enjoyed eating luch down by the river on the lower level of the hungry bear. I think my favorite spots are whereever the crowds are lightest at the time...LOL

Nephythys
05-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Snow White's Wishing Well

The pool with King Triton and the shooting water jets

The drawbridge

Main Street

The HM queue

ppmuse
05-06-2004, 08:32 AM
That little restaurant right by Pirates where you can get a Mickey Mouse pancake. My family use to sit there and eat, and then run to Pirates right after eating.

Past favorites, the Thunder Mountain Bar-B-Que. Dark corner of the park where you can watch the fire pit and just relax. Unfortunately, there's not many dark places at Disneyland, but that one was romantic and relaxing.

Another past, just sitting on People Mover and relaxing. While watching everybody run to Space Mountain.

The walkway in front of Splash Mountain, probably the coolest spot in the whole park.

All time favorite...sitting on the train. Something about the smell of the engine and the friendly indian just made the experience awesome.

Photographer
05-06-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm very relaxed and perfectly content sitting on the benches next to the Mad Hatter shop. It's the ideal place to watch characters interact with each other and guests. I remember one particular day when I'd been having an awful week and I just sat there and suddenly felt very calm and started crying because it was my first happy moment all week.

I also like sitting at Pooh's Corner watching Tigger and Eyeore play off of each other and everyone within arms length. :)

millionairegirl
05-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Disneyland:
Sitting on the Porch at the Golden Horseshoe watching everyone scurry about

The benches around the lily fountain between HM and the French Market

Mr. Toad-everything about it gives me the warm fuzzies

DCA:
Sitting in the audience of WWTBAMPI! waiting for the first question, talk about a rush! (OT: Is anyone else going to buy Elyse a baby gift? We are so excited for her!)

The lobby of TOT

The walkway infront of GRR, and the entrance to the GCH

Hotels/DTD:
The seats for White Roaring Snacks

The GCH lobby

Sephora, nuf said.

BryanPeek
05-06-2004, 09:04 AM
My absolute favorite spot is right inside the Animation Building listening to the music and watching all the screens. I sat there for three hours one time. I love it.

DigitalLizard
05-06-2004, 09:24 AM
I like:
exiting the Haunted Mansion... going up the ramp where
the statue of the lady is that says "Come back,.... come back..."

the bridge that goes from paradise pier to the area
where Mission Tortilla factory is... always gotta throw
a penny in the water to make a wish

and the DL hotel where the gazebo is in the rose garden!

and one thing that is everywhere within the park with its
own uniqueness: the smells! popcorn, churros, the murky
water of pirates, everything!

Lekta
05-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Disneyland:

-Blue Ribbon Bakery (smells wonderful & indicates the start of the day!)
-Cresting the drop on Splash (love not being able to see the bottom :D )
-As many have mentioned before, there is nothing like the smell of PoC, it just brings you to a different place.

DCA

-On Screamin where you make a wide turn near the Maliboomer, there is a great view of the park if you look.
-The Pier area

Downtown Disney

-The Naples resturante (I know, it has gotten a bad rap lately here, but, my wife and I have good memories of it)

11 more nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Ponine
05-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Snow White Wishing Well
There's a spot over by splash mtn, overlooking the Rivers that was always my fave spot to watch fireworks as a cast member. It still holds a spot in my heart.

Inside the Animation building - lobby

Gemini Cricket
05-06-2004, 02:57 PM
My favorite spot in DCA is the exit. :D

My favorite spot in Disneyland is secret. But every time I'm there, it makes me feel great.

Another cool spot is the winding staircase in NOS. The little plaza area there has a name, but I don't know it...

MansionMatt
05-06-2004, 03:50 PM
i could definitely sit in the lobby of the animation building all day.

The Mouse Is Back
05-06-2004, 05:03 PM
The lower level of Country Bear restaurant.

The lower deck of the Mark Twain, especially at night.

The little tiled walkway between Coca Cola Gardens and Frontierland, especially when the mariachi are playing.

Big Thunder trail.

The tables by Disney Clothiers, a great place to sit and chill with a drink and snack while the Park empties out at closing time.

The benches at the Main Street DLRR station.

The area around Ariel's Grotto.

The patio at River Belle Terrace when it's empty at night, having a nice cup of coffee or tea.

The patio at the Plaza Pavilion, same as above.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now. This is a great thread!

:)

-Allegra-

TerryTiger
05-06-2004, 09:22 PM
DCA

-At night just looking at all the lights (does ne one have an ariel picture?)
If you go to Ariel's Grotto, you can take an Ariel picture... ;-)

mousey_girl
05-06-2004, 10:52 PM
-Big Thunder Trail.. very quiet, love to watch and talk to the ducks
-The fountain between NOS and HM.. the sounds of the train and music wafting from NOS
-The Wishing Well.. early morning, before the characters take it over
-Along the front of Paradise Pier.. the smoking area facing the Pier, very quiet, out of the way
-The Hub.. just watching people enjoying themselves
-The Waterfalls at DLH.. staying in the Bonita Tower, very peacful to walk through them at night
-The Lost Bar.. nice place to stop for a drink and relax

eryn
05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
The animation building is high on my list. You just get immersed in the disney magic!
I really like the walkway exiting fantasyland and heading around BTMRR. Its usually nice and quiet and peaceful there. A nice place to slowly walk through with the sight of exciting NOS right ahead of you.
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me! right before you see the first ship. that is a great place to be!