PDA

View Full Version : Now available: video of the 50th Anniversary Announcement and Tower of Terror Opening

AVP
05-05-2004, 06:12 PM
You can find both videos at this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm040505avp.htm). They are available in two sizes, for the Broadband-challenged among us.

This is MousePlanet's first effort at providing video coverage, so of course this was the first set of events where the camera platform was too small for the media present and we got lovely spaces on the ground. I hope you enjoy the video, especially of the red-haired photographer who insisted on standing in front of us during the entire 50th announcement. :rolleyes:

AVP

Tinker Bell
05-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Thank you I enjoyed it.It was nice sitting in my chair relaxing and wacthing this.Thank you once again.

lazyboy97O
05-05-2004, 07:09 PM
I can't seem to get any of the videos to work. Any idea as to what is up?

AVP
05-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I can't seem to get any of the videos to work. Any idea as to what is up?Aside from "not working," what specifically are they not doing. When you click on the link, what happens? What window opens, and what message do you see?

AVP

DisneyFan25863
05-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Looking good!

Though you guys need to loosen your tripod....

Overall, it was a good video. Sound quality was execellent, and the video was pretty good quality, even at fullscreen.

lazyboy, do you have Windows Media Player (ugh) installed? They are encoded in wmv, and its streaming in a WMP9 format, so you need to have WMP installed.

MonorailMan
05-05-2004, 09:17 PM
I love downright love the opening of TOT. SO great, so themed. :)

Nice. Love the the 13 diamond award. :)

Also love how Eisner comes in, and totally blows off the whole HTH theme. :rolleyes:

sambo
05-05-2004, 09:21 PM
"Unable to establish a connection to the server."

I have broadband.

AVP
05-05-2004, 09:30 PM
"Unable to establish a connection to the server."

I have broadband.I honestly do not know what to tell you. The server we're hosting it on can handle 20,000 simultaneous connections, so I don't think it's a load issue.

Can you get ANY of the four to run?

AVP

sambo
05-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Same response - all four.

AVP
05-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Same response - all four.No idea. Honestly - I've been in and out all night, checking on various things, and I've not had a problem. Do you have the right media player installed?

This may be a Tony problem, in which case it's going to have to wait until he gets into the office tomorrow morning.

AVP

sambo
05-05-2004, 09:52 PM
The "right media player" installed? I think so. WMP version 7. Version 9 doesn't work on all computers, especially not mine, and not everyone can use it. If that's the problem - then why not put up a file that is compatable?

I watch streaming media all the time, and have very few problems. I haven't encountered a version mismatch problem yet though.

AVP
05-05-2004, 09:58 PM
The "right media player" installed? I think so. WMP version 7. Version 9 doesn't work on all computers, especially not mine, and not everyone can use it. If that's the problem - then why not put up a file that is compatable?Apparently this system requires WMP 9. I didn't design it that way. I don't remember being given a choice. That's simply what it is at this moment in time. And now that this has definitely fallen into the category of Things That AVP Can't Fix, I'm going to sleep. Perhaps someone with a stronger tech background can suggest a workaround.

AVP

sambo
05-05-2004, 10:00 PM
OK. Thanks for responding though. It may just be a mismatch type thing. Maybe it can be resolved later.

DisneyFan25863
05-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Mods-with your permission, may I re-encode the video into AVI for those of us who don't have WMP 9? I can place the MP watermark on the video if you wish.

Niwel
05-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Great video AVP -- I felt like I was there! Thank you for doing that.

I cried when Art came out. :crying: I cried when Julie came out. :crying: I cried when the characters and kids came out at the end. :crying: I was so emotional I even cried when they showed DCL with Captain Tom as I remembered my trip from February. :crying: I cried more during that 30 minutes than I did watching the last few episodes of "Friends." :rolleyes:

Not Afraid
05-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Art did make me weepy. I remember meeting him when I was a little girl. He was so kind and wonderful. He was giving my daddy a run for his affections.

olegc
05-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Art did make me weepy. I remember meeting him when I was a little girl. He was so kind and wonderful. He was giving my daddy a run for his affections.

Me Too. I was on his television show a long time ago. I remember vividly how he made sure you felt like he was totally interested in what you were saying - and had fun doing it too. my memory was about who not to invite to a party... It was one of my best memories in life.

Of couse, the free bike and 5 gallons of ice cream were not bad either. :D

olegc
05-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Oops!

The question I remembered him asking was about the party. The memory of spending time with him in person what what I will keep with me (not a silly question :rolleyes: )

Disneyfreak
05-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Interesting that the video worked for me last night and today it doesn't work.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-06-2004, 11:03 PM
I am sorry, maybe this is because I don't get to go to DL but just once a year but I think the celebration looks wonderful and I plan to be there next fall. I love the look of the castle decorated.
As to why the other parks are getting new stuff too. It is sort of like when they open a new location of a chain store. ALL the stores have the same great grand opening sales.