PDA

View Full Version : Disney VISA Rewards: OK for Admission?

RideMax Mark
05-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Does anyone know if I can use the "reward dollars" from my Disney VISA for park admission at the main entrance ticket booths? I'm guessing the answer is "yes," but thought I'd best double-check... Thanks!

cyberRoo
05-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Yep! I used mine a few weeks ago without any problems.

iowa2disney
05-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Can the Disney Reward Dollars card be used throughout Disneyland or just at the entrance? I was not able to get a definite answer when I inquired with Disneyland. I would like to be able to use the Reward Dollars card for dining and merchandise at Disneyland.

scaeagles
05-06-2004, 12:56 PM
From the downloadable .pdf file (adobe acrobat required to read it) at the Bank One Disney Reward Dollars Management page -

"Disney Dream Reward Dollars are good for most Disney merchandise, park tickets, hotel nights, food and more at Disneyland....."

It also says that there no block out dates on usage.

iowa2disney
05-07-2004, 04:30 AM
I read that several times and I have sent e-mails to both BankOne and Disneyland, but can never get a straight answer. What concerned me most was when I actually called and spoke with someone at Disneyland, who in turn called one of the Disneyland Resort restaurants, and they didn't think the Rewards Dollars could be used there. The only thing they could tell me for sure was that they could be used at the gate to purchase tickets. I know they can be used at disneyland.com to purchase tickets/hotel/food packages. I just wanted to hear from real visitors to Disneyland who actually used the Rewards Dollars card at places other than the gate. Thanks!

scaeagles
05-07-2004, 04:56 AM
Last summer, prior to the cards being issued, they had sent us some sort of certificates in $10 denominations. We used those for food at two places at least - Red Rockets and White Water Snacks. I can't imagine why the card would be any different, but it is a good question - I would suspect they won't give a straight answer because there may be glitches or certain places - like street vendors or ODV carts - where they are inequipped to handle them.

iowa2disney
05-07-2004, 05:04 AM
I believe that is probably true. I think my best bet would be to apply my Disney Reward dollars towards my resort package when I purchase it online. At least I know I can use them that way. Thanks for your input!

sdsualum
05-07-2004, 08:22 AM
We got the reward vouchers last summer and were able to use them at Goofy's kitchen and to buy somethings in the emporium. They looked at them a while and read them and asked someone else about them. But they took them.

iowa2disney
05-07-2004, 10:29 AM
I don't think they use the voucher system anymore. Now BankOne transfers your "rewards dollars" to a card, which is then used like a gift card, except that the person I talked to at Disneyland wasn't sure if they could be used at all the cashier's terminals. Still wondering....