PDA

View Full Version : How busy is March... Easter break?

atalmi
05-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Ok... the wife and I are ready to venture beyong our yearly November trip and want a taste of DL that is not Christmas themed. I've been offered a condo nearby during my kids Easter break next year 3/21 - 28. We've been spoiled by the mild crowds during November... how busy is the park during this time of year?

Klutch
05-05-2004, 05:21 AM
To put it bluntly, very busy. I recall reading it's second only to Christmas for attendance levels.

Forbin
05-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Probably the most busy I've seen pre Summer...it was packed

AllisinWunderland
05-05-2004, 09:09 AM
In measurable terms:
We were visiting during our child's spring break this year (March 15, 16, 17).
Waits for Splash were 85 minutes. Waits just to get a FastPass for Soarin' Over California- well over 30 minutes- JUST TO GET A FASTPASS so you could come back later and stand in another line!!
Waits for that little ride in Critter Country, Winnie the Pooh- 30+ minutes.

I'm not sure free lodging is worth it. Unless, of course, you enjoy hanging out in the condo.
I know I'll never do it again. I'd choose January (not MLK day weekend) if I could go anytime.

wendybeth
05-05-2004, 09:39 AM
In measurable terms:
We were visiting during our child's spring break this year (March 15, 16, 17).
Waits for Splash were 85 minutes. Waits just to get a FastPass for Soarin' Over California- well over 30 minutes- JUST TO GET A FASTPASS so you could come back later and stand in another line!!
Waits for that little ride in Critter Country, Winnie the Pooh- 30+ minutes.

I'm not sure free lodging is worth it. Unless, of course, you enjoy hanging out in the condo.
I know I'll never do it again. I'd choose January (not MLK day weekend) if I could go anytime.
I second this post, only the wait times for Indy and Splash, etc were averaging around 120 minutes. Never again- I'd much rather visit during off season!

Hawaiian Cinderella
05-05-2004, 10:42 AM
We visited March 19 - 25. It was VERY busy. The park extended their hours during the week nights from 8:00 pm closing to 10:00 pm and I think even on Sunday too because they had more people in the park than expected.