PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for admission into DL and/or DCA?

Pages : [1] 2

sediment
05-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Assume you had to pay your way in each time you visited the DisneylandResort.

What is the most you would pay for one day at:
1. DL.
2. DCA.
3. Both DL and DCA as a parkhopper.

Assume parks are open 8 to midnight. Mild crowd (not 7/4- or 12/31-sized), no pressing need for FastPasses.
Assume this one day's price is not dependent on previous visits or future planned visits. (Takes out the marginal utility variable.)

My answers:
1. $25
2. $15
3. $35
I'm a cheap son-of-a-seabiscuit.

CarlieB
05-04-2004, 07:14 PM
To be honest, I've got no idea how much is costs in US dollars to go now. we always buy our park hoppers from New Zealand, in NZ dollars.

That said, I guess I would pay:

1. $40
2. $30 or $35
3. $60 or so

It's probably a moot point, because if I lived anywhere near the resort I'd have an AP

stitchfan_cm
05-04-2004, 07:20 PM
As a CM, I get my shares of guests who comment about the recent price hike. The way I look at it, you still have the same amount of people(if not a little more) coming to the resort, and keep paying whatever the sign tells them to pay.

I look at it thought my Capitalistic eyes($$), if they are willing to pay it, keep it the way it is with the increase.

Which transitions into my old political saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ;)

DisneyDustin22
05-04-2004, 08:04 PM
of course, everyone has argued at one point or another about prices. myself, given the amount of things there are to do in Disneyland, paying $50 for a one day admission to me seems well worth it. DCA is another story. If I had to pay that each time? It depends, I would probably limit when I go, no more every week type if that was the case, you know what I mean. But the current price I feel is worth it when you look at the options you are given when you walk in.

I look at places like Magic Mountain, which offers a lot of rides, however, I have been to MM on a full operating day and have no been able to do everything, and that was with average waits. Line times are affected a great deal when youre waiting for one train as opposed to four or five, or twenty boats, or "doom buggies" continually moving. So in that sense, your line moves much quicker, in some form. I hope you guys get what Im trying to point out. Now that Im flying off the topic, Im out ;)

sediment
05-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Just answer the questions and no one gets hurt, Dusty. And read the assumptions. Please.

Assume AP program does not exist, ya Kiwi. (I thought that was obvious with the "mild crowd" assumption).
Stitchy_cm, I'm asking you for your amount. I'm not asking you to guess what everyone else's amounts will be.

I'm just taking a survey. There is no absolute right answer. (Except for mine, of course.)

disNeytEen
05-04-2004, 08:12 PM
$55
$50
$120

stitchfan_cm
05-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Here is my answer:

1.) $50
2.) $40

And here is the kicker...

3.) $75

I would also do away with the SoCal AP's. They make no sense to me, and you would still have those people paying money to come in.

CarlieB
05-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Assume AP program does not exist, ya Kiwi. (I thought that was obvious with the "mild crowd" assumption).
Oooops, guilty as charged:D

I just get so excited at the thought of actually owning an AP and going to DL more than once every year or 18 months...<sigh>

wendybeth
05-04-2004, 08:24 PM
1). $45
2). $25
3). $50

I would not visit DCA if the combined cost were any more than $5-10.00 over a regular admission to DL. I just don't like it enough. DCA is a half-day park, so $25 is sufficient.

EandCDad
05-04-2004, 08:29 PM
$25 for DL
$20 for DCA
$35 for a one day hopper

If it was more than that, I couldn't see doing it more than once every 5 years or so.

SCUBAbe
05-04-2004, 08:32 PM
1) $50
2) $40
3) $70

We use to go once a year. Then we got passes...then we didn't re-new them last year and didn't go at all for over a year...the withdrawls to go away...LOL..I'd rather them keep the prices high and not do so many promos..it keeps a better type of crowd in the park... ;)

sambo
05-04-2004, 08:34 PM
$50
$10
$50

I figure if you are paying for Disneyland, they should include Eisner California Adventure...

Also those prices are for single day only. I would expect to pay less each day for more days. I would only stay a couple of days at those prices rather than my normal week or so. No way would I pay $250 for a five day pass. :eek:

merlinjones
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Disneyland: 40

DCA: 15

Combo: 45

DisneyDustin22
05-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Just answer the questions and no one gets hurt, Dusty. And read the assumptions. Please.

I'm sorry I didn't know there was a limitation on posting a response.

MotorBoat Cruiser
05-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Good question. I've actually edited my answer 3 times now. :)

DL: $45
DCA: $25
Both: $55

Zigen
05-05-2004, 08:08 AM
DL: 50
DCA: 25
Both: 55

millionairegirl
05-05-2004, 08:17 AM
dl: 50
dca: 40
hopper: 60

Viva Le AP!

DigitalLizard
05-05-2004, 09:28 AM
My answers:
1. $75
2. $35
3. $75 (really, if you pay FULL price for DL, you should get
a comp day to DCA - and I LIKE DCA! It it just isn't worth
the same price for admission as DL!)

But this is given NO lines, NO hassles, ALL RIDES open,
and please folks, don't flame me, this is including inflation
for the next 25 years! When prices reach this point, I
will severely reconsider my trips!

I'd actually like to see an AP that you can use at both parks!
like if hypothetically a DLR AP is $250 a year and the WDW
one is $350, it would be cool if for $450 you could get a pass
good at both!

The Mouse Is Back
05-05-2004, 11:01 AM
I know many of you will be shocked to read this ;) , but if there were fewer crowds and a real low season - which there would be if they did away with all these different levels of AP and went back to the "season pass", which gave you unlimited weekday admission and some Sundays during the off-season only - I would pay more than the current single-day admission for DL.

I wouldn't pay more than another $10.00 to add DCA, though, and for a single day at DCA my max would probably be $25.00. Even that is stretching it.

Of course, if they had that season pass, I'd be purchasing that. And in any case, I would hope they'd keep the multi-day ticket media available.

Okay, is that vague enough for ya?

-Allegra-

LSPoorEeyorick
05-05-2004, 11:13 AM
$50
$27.50
$60

But goodness knows I wouldn't go very often if I had to pay that every time. *hugs AP*

oshida
05-05-2004, 11:25 AM
1) $50
2) $40
3) $80

sediment
05-05-2004, 01:00 PM
I know many of you will be shocked to read this ;) , but if there were fewer crowds and a real low season - which there would be if they did away with all these different levels of AP and went back to the "season pass", which gave you unlimited weekday admission and some Sundays during the off-season only - I would pay more than the current single-day admission for DL.

I am expecting a very wide range of opinions. Yours falls well within that range.

Hakuna Makarla
05-05-2004, 02:44 PM

Stitchy_cm, I'm asking you for your amount. I'm not asking you to guess what everyone else's amounts will be.

I'm just taking a survey. There is no absolute right answer. (Except for mine, of course.)

ok, from one who has not gone and just seeing pictures, I would pay 50.00 every day to see it every day I was there. Here in Montana we pay more then that to go to a stupid carnival that has 7 rides!!! and stale cotton candy and the carny guys look like they just broke out of prison!!
The most I paid for a carmel apple once was 4.50 and the stupid thing was rotton!
and do not ask about the hot dogs pleaseeeeeee! So you see, I as a hick from Montana would give my right eye( I am left handed so need that eye ha ha ha

dlazechk
05-05-2004, 07:11 PM
1.$15
2.$15
3.$26
i cannot imagine going without the parkhopper function. there is not enough in one park to hold my fascination throughout the entire day. that being said, my only experience is the week between christmas and new year's which is when we visit every year.

BJW
05-05-2004, 07:21 PM
1)$35
2)$25
3)$50

Disneyland has had too many rides and attractions shuttered and has minimal upkeep of it's current rides. (I rode Indy last week and no effects were working). If Disneyland were what it was 10 years ago when Indy or Rocket Rods first opened I would say it would be worth the full $49.25 they are charging right now. However, it is sliding more and more in the regional park direction. DCA right now has a shortage of attractions, otherwise it would be worth the full amount as well.