PDA

View Full Version : Romance at the Disneyland Resort

oohykitten
05-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Yes this topic has been discussed to death, however I want to hear stories that will make me think the fairy tales have nothing on your tales. What are some romantic things you've done or done for others... I need ideas!

Morrigoon
05-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Gaucho and I met there at a singles meet, does that count? Not romantic enough for you eh?

Perhaps you tell us what you intend to do so we can help you? Are you taking a steady, a first date, a spouse, is this a proposal, special occasion...?

oohykitten
05-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Even better it's an adult trip to the park with no child! I always read these stories on here that make me melt. First date stuff, anything but proposals... LOL

CarlieB
05-04-2004, 02:41 PM
My recommendations:

Lunch at Blue Bayou - always fun.

Dinner at Napa Rose - the Grand Californian is lovely for hanging out in.

Definitely see the fireworks, if they're on.

Hakuna Makarla
05-04-2004, 04:04 PM
first you walk thru the gates, looking into each others eyes you know there is no magical place on earth but disneyland and of course the both of you doing it together!
You get fast passes, going on each others favorite rides and enjoying the time you are spending together. The thrills of doing the rides with out children, and being close as you hit the highs of the roller coaster, and the spills as you go thru the spalsh on splash mountain.
Then lunch comes up in the conversation, "you choose you tell him",I trust you will pick the right place as you are the perfect company to gaze at over the table.
After lunch you stroll out of the resturant, deciding which way to go, what to do next when both of you read each others minds " the candy shop you both yell" and off you both go to fulfill your desires of sweet treats ........
ok, so I got carried away LOL!!

cemeinke
05-04-2004, 05:30 PM
We had a work function at the Grand Californian, so I added a night to my stay and had Not Afraid join me. One of my good friends and collegues decided to do the same with her girlfriend.

Thanks to reading these boards, I knew they had a "Romantic" turn down service. So, since my collegue had recently been partnered, I asked the front desk to do this for them. Then I thought, hey just because Not Afraid and I have been together for years and years doesn't mean we can't still have some newlywed fun - So asked for the same for us.

So we all met at the Hearthstone Lodge in the Grand Californian and then went to Catal for a wonderful dinnner. We purposely timed our reservation so we could watch the fireworks, have a long liesurely meal with a slow walk back to the hotel. We said our good nights and went to our respective rooms.

I hadn't told Not Afraid of the arrangements I had made, so she was surprised when she opened the door to see out dimly lit room, with a bed turned down and covered in rose petals, a single rose resting on her pillow, and robes and slippers laid out, also decorated with rose petals. It was such a wonderful end to a great evening at the resort. That's one of the things that makes staying on property special.;)

CarlieB
05-04-2004, 05:40 PM
cemeinke - is there an extra charge for this service, or can you just ask for it in advance? Thanks:)

cemeinke
05-04-2004, 05:48 PM
cemeinke - is there an extra charge for this service, or can you just ask for it in advance? Thanks:)
I just asked. If there were a charge, they didn't tell me and they hid it on my employer's bill, as nothing "extra" showed up on my bill. I believe there are other special turn down services as well, but you have to ask - or keep reading the boards ;)

CarlieB
05-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Cool. Sounds like a nice option. Thanks:)

oohykitten
05-04-2004, 09:45 PM
WOAH! See that is why I asked this!!! Your kidding right? I will have to look into that and see what they can do. I don't care about the price, I want the WOW factor. He dislikes Disneyland, but does it for me. This is my for Mother's Day gift a week later (can't leave our mom's on mothers day that wouldn't be nice) GCH is SOLD OUT but I did get PP theme park view. Got lunch planned at the BB, where he first told me he loved me, so I am thinking add this turn down service and um well yeah ;) Could be a perfect day.