PDA

View Full Version : Best Fantasmic View for Kids

Wkr3kt
05-03-2004, 12:27 PM
I am taking my boys, 4 & 7 yrs old to the resort in 2 weeks and they will get to see Fantasmic for the first time! They know all the music as I play the soundtrack in the car all the time! (My 4 year old asks me constantly to play "Imagination." That's what he calls it and absolutely LOVES the music- knows every word.) Where do you think would be the best place for us to see it? How early do I need to stake out a spot for 4, 2 being kids? This will be for Sunday, May 15, first showing. Thanks for your help!

scaeagles
05-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Call and see if there are any reserved spots left in either the Fantasmic Balcony or the Fantasmic Riverside seating. All views are great from those spots and you don't have to wait forever. If that's out of your price range or there are no more available, have someone in your party stake out a spot right along the fence of the ROA, dead center, directly across from Tom Sawyers Island. I'd grab the seat at about 5:00, have dinner there picnic style, and if there is another adult with you on your trip, trade off who is holding the spot while the other takes the boys on rides.

Tinker Bell
05-03-2004, 12:57 PM
I would say front and center would be best for first time people. But the ? is do they scare easy cause there is fire that you can feel the heat from it so close and a dragon so down in front might be scary for them.Also you get alittle wet.I always like down in front cause it feels like your right there in it way cool.And my kids have seen it when they where little so it does not scare them.But still WOW for them This is a must see when going to disney for me.

lisap
05-03-2004, 01:29 PM
We enjoy camping out with the kids to see Fantasmic. Off the top of my head here's a few ideas:

*Rent a locker and store a blanket until campout time.
*Find a spot on the railing along the Rivers of America across from Tom Sawyer's Island. The railing is helpful to lean on while you camp, and no one will be blocking your child's view when the show starts.
*Bring card games and activities in the blanket bag to keep the kids occupied.
*Switch off staking out as long as possible. Eventually, the crowd gets too tight to come and go easily, but earlier in the evening one parent can take the kids around the park while the other parent hangs out.
*The sound is intense in a lot of spots, especially the cannon fire and dragon bits. Warn the kids of this and maybe even cover the little one's ears.

Enjoy it--they will totally love the show :).

Big Dog
05-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Get there very early so that you are right along the fence. Being along the fence with little kids is more important the beeing in the middle. If you can't get the exact center I sugest trying spots to stage left (towards Pirates). Bring a large blanket and use it as "base camp". Make sure you entire party is at the blanket atleast 40 minutes before showtime. Any later and it becomes a huge hasle of climbing over people.

If you don't get right along the fence, or if you think you kids will be too afraid of the fire, you might try the "secret" stair spot. There is really no good way of discribing where it is but I will try. The VIP river seating is located to stage right (near Haunted). Pretend like you are sitting in one of those seats facing the river. If you stand up, turn right and start walking you will go across some stairs which hit a sort wall near the lighting tower. The 5 stairs infront of that wall is a very small sitting area that only holds one party. It has really easy access and because you are on stairs you can see over everyone's heads. Also, kids can stand without obstructing the view of the standing area behind it. I hope you understand where it is.