PDA

View Full Version : Shocking CM apperance

Pirate Girl
05-02-2004, 10:47 PM
I was a little bit shocked on Friday when I went to get a snack at Burrrbank Ice Cream and came face to face with a CM wearing black lipliner and no lipstick (or her lipstick had worn away). Personally, I've always found this look to be very trashy, but I was amazed to see it on a Disneyland Resort CM. I could be wrong, as I haven't started working yet, but when I got hired by Disney they made it pretty clear that that kind of thing was unacceptable. Maybe I'm nuts?

ToursbabeC3po
05-03-2004, 03:10 AM
There is no "set" color that Disney approves of. They just want you match your Natural skin tones. Was it a African American wearing this lip liner? If it was that would be accepted. Because I have blonde hair and blue eyes I could not get away with that. The whole thing with the make up is they don't want any cast member to stick out. They want them to blend in with the show.
Tours

Pirate Girl
05-03-2004, 04:55 AM
No, she was a redhead. :confused:

mrs_toad
05-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Ewwww...I hate that look! Especially when woman try to extend their lips way out beyond their natural lip line. I tried lip liner once and my husband picked up on it immediately...he said something like, "what, are we going for the clown look today?". Of course, some can pull it off, and some can't. I believe not many can pull it off. A nice shade of lipstick and gloss goes a long way.

ToursbabeC3po
05-03-2004, 07:29 AM
I wear lip liner but it is a very nude color it looks very natural. I agree with you Tink if the girl was a redhead she should not be wearing black lip liner! That is just gross. I am suprised that her lead or management did not say anything because they are really cutting back on the Disney look.
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
Toursbabes

PineapplePrincess
05-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Now this has nothing to do with makeup, however I was shocked yesterday when I saw 2 on duty CM's kissing in the parking garage! They had just put us in this spot, and when I turned to look behind us I saw them locking lips. I was sure my eyes were playing tricks on me, but my husband confirmed that they were indeed kissing. We put on sunscreen, and on our way out we saw them locking lips once again. Good grief people! Not only are you working but you are working at DL!!! :eek:

sediment
05-03-2004, 10:43 AM
I was a little bit shocked on Friday when I went to get a snack at Burrrbank Ice Cream and came face to face with a CM wearing black lipliner and no lipstick (or her lipstick had worn away)....Maybe I'm nuts?
The chicks in Burbank dress this way, so it's actually theming. Really! No kidding!
(OK, I'm kidding.)

LSPoorEeyorick
05-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Hey! What are you saying about Burbankians!?

That we're really trashy?! Not true!

We're only marginally trashy.

sediment
05-03-2004, 11:00 AM
It was all in good kidding. Just trying to "defend" DCA against claims of lack of theming.
Burbankipuddlians are well known for the straight-lacedness.

LSPoorEeyorick
05-03-2004, 11:07 AM
What, did you miss my marginally-trashy joke? :D

ToursbabeC3po
05-03-2004, 11:37 AM
The chicks in Burbank dress this way, so it's actually theming. Really! No kidding!
(OK, I'm kidding.)
LOL ROTFL too funny!

Pirate Girl
05-03-2004, 11:46 AM
I wear lip liner but it is a very nude color it looks very natural.

But it's classy when you actually match the color to your lips or maintain your lipstick.

happyhaunts999
05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Is it weird that I wear lip liner and I'm a guy, Just checking????

DigitalLizard
05-03-2004, 01:26 PM
We ran into 2 or 3 girls with different colors of hair that were
decked out in "goth" style working Haunted Mansion 2 months ago...

I thought it might be allowed there because of the "dark theme"
of the ride... but maybe costuming or managment is just getting
more lax...

I saw train workers at the Toontown station early in the morning that
I was shocked to see also... shirts untucked looking like they had
not been laundered since the last shift...

I think management is starting to slack a little in the CM expectations
area! If they want to dress like idiot teens, they should go be idiot
teens elsewhere... Walt would roll over in his cryogenic tank if he
saw the parks today! (lol on the tank folks! don't flame me!)

:fez:

SzczerbiakManiac
05-03-2004, 01:49 PM
So when did Not Afraid start working at Burrrbank...?
;) :p

sediment
05-03-2004, 02:58 PM
What, did you miss my marginally-trashy joke? :D
Sorry. I assumed you were one of the straight-laced types. My mistake.

sediment
05-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Baskin Robbins headquarters are in Glendale, in that little part west of I-5. It's almost Burbank.

05-03-2004, 03:04 PM
People! A crime of fashion occurred. Let's take this a little seriously here.

TP2000
05-04-2004, 12:16 AM
It's been my experience that the CM's working at the ODV carts and in the restaurants usually look the sloppiest and/or display the most obvious dress code violations. They seem to be younger CM's than the stores or the rides, and they often look the trashiest.

Just my observations.

Not Afraid
05-04-2004, 07:04 AM
So when did Not Afraid start working at Burrrbank...?
;) :p
HEY! I wasn't even reading this thread! Sheesh! Do I have to read everything now?

And, I don't wear lip liner on MOST occasions. Just versions of red lipstick. I would NEVER do the black lip liner thing. I am not from the ghetto.:p

wood_is_mine
05-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Wait, do you mean Burbankians as in the city, or as in the Ice Cream place at DCA?

And on another, more important matter:

Baskin Robbins headquarters are in Glendale, in that little part west of I-5. It's almost Burbank.

It USED to be in Burbank. But no more. :geek:

ToursbabeC3po
05-05-2004, 02:14 AM
DigitalLizard I think management is starting to slack a little in the CM expectations

I wish this were the case but this is not true. At least not in my area. Ever since cast member Matt came in "the Disney look" has become very tight. In fact I have never seen them become more strict in the 9 years I have worked in the park as in this last year. They even make us button are top button of our costume which is extremely uncomfortable!!!! All the things you all have seen should have not happened "on stage" but I do think that AP's tend to look over cast members more then the average guest. That is still not an excuse for all these behaviors. When we hire on we get a book called the Disney look and even though we are human and we make mistakes it is our jobs and while we are on the clock we are supposed to go by the guidelines.
I hope everyone has a great day!
((((((((hugs))))))))
Jennifer