PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniv. Announcement...will u be there?

DonaldDuck14
05-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey guys,
Just like to share that Disneyland willbe announcing the 50th Anniversary along with the Premiere of Tower of Terror on this upcoming wednesday. The 50th Anniversary announcement will be in front of the castle i believe from 10am-12pm. Will you any of you guys be there?

Morrigoon
05-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Hmm... no finals that day, I don't see why not! :)

TDBearGrrl
05-03-2004, 05:45 AM
I have been thinking about going. It depends on how much work I get done today.

Jeremiah
05-03-2004, 06:42 AM
Would not miss it for the world!!!! I am a bit upset they are not doing a big Tower opening that day. But I guess all the info that I have been waiting years for will have to do. Also some of the info on the event...it will be 23 minutes in front of the castle, a group that we only see at X-mas time will be showing up for this, big special guest?!?!?! And maybe some info about what other parks will be doing for the 50th????

J

CRS24
05-03-2004, 07:01 AM
I will be there but I have a question?

If the parks open at 10:00 am what time does the parking structure open? :)

merlinjones
05-03-2004, 10:24 AM
They had better have something new to say about Disneyland itself or I'll be Disappointed.

Cruise ships, parades, fireworks and songs and other marketing gimmicks are okay - - but I'd rather see some meat to go with these small potaoes... Let's see Tomorrowland restored or the submarines repoened or a Polynesian Revue or Golden Horseshoe Revue announcement. Disneyland should truly profit from this celebration in some more permanent way...

Disneyphile
05-03-2004, 11:03 AM
I'll be starting out on the moving trip during that time. :(:):(:):(:)

But, I'll have my cellphone with me, so somebody please call me with the scoop!! I'm too excited to wait until I'm back home for the info!! :fez:

ToursbabeC3po
05-03-2004, 11:50 AM
They had better have something new to say about Disneyland itself or I'll be Disappointed
Tomorrowland is getting a new attraction based on the Toy Story Character Buzz Light-year in 2005. Also Space Mountain will reopen in 2005 as well.

I hope to show for this "big announcement" on Wed. I start working at 12 PM so I will be in my costume.
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Jennifer

merlinjones
05-03-2004, 12:26 PM
>>Tomorrowland is getting a new attraction based on the Toy Story Character Buzz Light-year in 2005. Also Space Mountain will reopen in 2005 as well.<<

What about the rest of the land? That ugly thing up where the rocket jets used to be... the empty peoplemover track... the empty submarine lagoon...? The Paint job? The ugly stage top?

Kevy Baby
05-03-2004, 01:01 PM
If the parks open at 10:00 am what time does the parking structure open? :)While I don't know for a fact, I would say no late than 9:00; probably much earlier.

And as for what they are announcing, I won't even begin to speculate or get excited. Whatever it is will be posted on these pages sometime on Wednesday with discussions and complaints (no matter WHAT is announced) ad infinitum.

DigitalLizard
05-03-2004, 01:30 PM
I read somewhere that Wednesday May 19 they are also supposed
to have a test run of the new fireworks show too!
Wish I could be there for it! 490 miles away I cannot see them! :crying:

AVP
05-03-2004, 02:05 PM
I read somewhere that Wednesday May 19 they are also supposed
to have a test run of the new fireworks show too!
Wish I could be there for it! 490 miles away I cannot see them! :crying:In this week's Disneyland Park Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040503.htm), we said that there is going to be a test of the Believe fireworks on May 19th. Since several of the launchers have been on "rehab" since Believe Holiday, this is probably just a programming test to get them all synched up again.

I have not heard anywhere that they are testing the 50th Anniversary show during this test.

AVP

AVP
05-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Whatever it is will be posted on these pages sometime on Wednesday with discussions and complaints (no matter WHAT is announced) ad infinitum.MousePlanet PLANS to have streaming video of the ceremony up online sometime Wednesday afternoon, so you can watch the announcement for yourselves. This is the first time we are trying this particular trick, so keep your fingers crossed.

AVP

Kevy Baby
05-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Okay, THAT will be cool. Good luck with it!

(And there goes the bandwidth!)

Disneyfreak
05-03-2004, 03:41 PM
I hope that they say they will be bringing back the submarine voyage and tehitian terrace and the Big Thunder BBQ! Im not counting on it though. :mad: