PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day at Disneyland....Anything special?

MonorailMan
05-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Wow, been a while since I asked a question.

Anyhow, I will be taking mom to DLR for Mother's Day, and was wondering if there was anything special.

I know about the 'Mother's Day Buffet', but that's a bit pricy for me. Any tips or suggestions?

(Also am trying to convince her to go on Tower too! ) :fez:

CarlieB
05-02-2004, 04:00 PM
I was on the Patina Group's website the other day and saw that both Catal & Naples have Mothers Day menus - they might be a bit on the pricey side too though.

mamabot
05-02-2004, 04:50 PM
We will be there too Hastin. We used to go as a tradition years ago. What they had set up were tables as you walk thru the turnstiles where they passed out carnation corsages to all the mothers. Very nice touch IMHO.

MonorailMan
05-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Very nice touch IMHO.
I agree. Mom says that she doesn't want to do much, but realx that day. Also, I've talked her into going on the Tower now.

(I have a feeling we'll be riding Tower a lot on Sunday) :)

Ohana33
05-02-2004, 05:01 PM
it's tradition for my family to go to the brunch and then head over to disneyland. like mentioned before, they hand out carnations, and my mum lovesss those! other than that, there's nothing really. but it's nice just to walk around... and she loves hitting up the shops at the end of the day ;)

Wonder Mouse
05-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Last Year in DTD they had a wind tunnel in which the mothers go inside and try to grab papers with amount values on them(as they fly by). Then the persons with the highest amount win something. There was also instant win prizes in there as well.

lisap
05-02-2004, 07:02 PM
The past few years we have gone to DL on Mother's Day and it's been mighty crowded--just something to keep in mind.

Cat H
05-04-2004, 03:37 PM
I went to Disneyland on Mothers Day (and the two days following) three years ago and it was really crowded!!! I went three weeks later and it was much less crowded.