PDA

View Full Version : Splurging ! Open up your wallet !!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

zapppop
10-24-2001, 06:01 PM
So what is the most expensive souvenir you've purchased at Disneyland ?

I bought a $ 500.00 framed lithograph from the Disney Gallery about a year ago.

Napsto
10-24-2001, 06:11 PM
OMG, that is alot of money for a young person man. the most for me is probably like 50 on pins and stuff.

totbellhop
10-24-2001, 06:53 PM
Considering that I am 13, humm, I know, the Fantasmic! CD, I live in Tijuana, and had to save money for about a year, to go to Disneyland and buy my CD, it's my favorite souvenir too.

FEJ
10-24-2001, 06:59 PM
A full price 1-Day Passport...Had to Finance it...LOL

MammaSilva
10-24-2001, 07:32 PM
this isn't really a souviener per se except for the memories.....but the most expensive thing I've done is to buy out the entire Fantasmic desert Balcony for my family and friends on one of our visits....it was back in the day when the balcony was truely a magical experience and the view and memories are 'priceless'!

zapppop
10-24-2001, 07:35 PM
I take it not too many MousePad members splurge

FEJ
10-24-2001, 07:41 PM
if you count the whole family..the dinner atr Club 33 for my birthday was prrobably the most spent at the park..(thanks DAD)

MammaSilva
10-24-2001, 07:56 PM
a meal at Club 33 is on the very top of my wish list for Disney experiences...just one would be fine.....but I don't know anyone with a membership :(

DisneylandKid
10-24-2001, 08:01 PM
Food is the most expensive thing at the DLR.

zapppop
10-24-2001, 08:14 PM
I know someone who could get me in but I'd rather not ask him for the favor.

If I do, he'll ask me for one ( and everytime, he wants the same thing ).

innerSpaceman
10-24-2001, 08:36 PM
Zapppop, I too have splurged for an original lithograph attraction poster, but back when I bought mine, they were going for the bargain price of $300.

I have picked up the tab at Club 33 for over that amount on a couple of occassions, but that doesn't seem to count as much, cause I've nothing to show for it but fond memories.

As for my attraction poster, I enjoy seeing it every day of my life. One guess as to which attraction it is ....

MickeyD
10-24-2001, 08:37 PM
I think the most I splurge on is my AP. Oooh, that reminds me, it's time to start saving up to renew.

totbellhop
10-24-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Zapppop, I too have splurged for an original lithograph attraction poster, but back when I bought mine, they were going for the bargain price of $300.

I have picked up the tab at Club 33 for over that amount on a couple of occassions, but that doesn't seem to count as much, cause I've nothing to show for it but fond memories.

As for my attraction poster, I enjoy seeing it every day of my life. One guess as to which attraction it is ....

Adventures Through Inner Space?

innerSpaceman
10-24-2001, 08:44 PM
And give the man a week's stay at the infamous Hollywood Tower Hotel for that correct response.

Napsto
10-24-2001, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I know someone who could get me in but I'd rather not ask him for the favor.

If I do, he'll ask me for one ( and everytime, he wants the same thing ).

what does he make you do?

MammaSilva
10-24-2001, 09:07 PM
:D inquiring minds want to know LOL

Nigel2
10-24-2001, 10:57 PM
Is it something backbreaking like helping him move, or not fun (to you at least) trying to help him hide a body? Or does it involve a goat, some denorex and the entire Country of Canada?:D I would have to say either any animation cel (they make you wait like 90 days sometimes for the cels) or the 33 club membership, well I don't pay for that one.:D

yeo_foxe
10-24-2001, 11:09 PM
Went to HMH on the Saturday it opened. Just for a lark I dragged my neice with to to the Disneyana store.

Ended up buying the Nightmare before Christmas jacket....

(I'm a dland and elfman/burton geek, what can I say!)

tabacco
10-25-2001, 12:30 AM
This isn't Disneyland, but the most expensive thing I've ever bought on a Disney-owned property was a $45 jacket from Mickey's of Glendale (WDI Store). Nice jacket, though, and with the WDI logo :)

zapppop
10-25-2001, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Napsto

what does he make you do?

well, he hasn't made me do anything. The truth is he hasn't done ANY favors for me because I refuse to do what he wants me to do.

If it sounds like something bad, your on the right track.

Let's leave it at that.

10-25-2001, 06:00 AM
For a very, very special treat ....

A suite with patio at the Disneyland Hotel. Very expensive but very worth it. Grandpa was in the first bedroom, kids had the elegant living room, hubby and I had the second bedroom. Then we ordered room service dinner.

Total cost: a gadzillion dollars.
Worth it? You betcha.

mcampisi
10-25-2001, 06:26 AM
This Xmas we will be having our usual 3-day vaction and this time around my wife and I plan to have $1000 each to spend on whatever we want. I've always wanted to go and just be able to buy about anything I wanted. But I bet in the end I'll still wish I had more to spend! Too many good souveniers!

steamboatStu
10-25-2001, 06:28 AM
I spent $1,500 on a Melanie Taylor Kent WDW 15th Anniversary artist proof serigraph. For those that don't know what a serigraph is here is a description (http://www.sampersilkscreen.com/index.htm) . I also have one for the 10th anniversary of Tokyo Disneyland.

That's the most for a "souvenir". As for other Disney related expenditures - we recently went on the seven day Eastern Carribean Disney Cruise. Family of four, outside cabin, family suite with verandah. Followed by five days at WDW staying at the new Animal Kingdom Lodge.

There is still yet one more item, but that is a story for another time.

Nfatuated
10-25-2001, 09:01 AM
Just do what he wants you to do, 33 for his gratification, go for it!
LOL!

Ralph Wiggum
10-25-2001, 10:17 AM
I payed 300 bucks for a plastic card that gets me in the front gate any day of the year :)