PDA

View Full Version : what am I forgetting

burnt33
05-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Well we have 14 days to go till we arrive in Disneyland and we can't wait.
I had a few questions and if I am forgetting anything please let me know :)
How much in advance do you have to make reservations for a character meal?
I am going with my wife and 2 kids ages 7 & 4 1/2 . Unfortunately for my son he
has my height and won't start growing till he's 14. We measured him and he's only 40 1/2 inches. So what do they use to measure the kids? Do they have to be well over the minimum height requirement for each ride or does it vary from ride to ride. We have warned them both that there will be some rides that they can't go on and some they won't want to go on. We haven't been to Disneyland for 10 years and I think I am more excited than the kids, so if you have any tips for us that would be great

Photographer
05-02-2004, 04:17 AM
One way to make things easier for you, is to have the kids get the proper wristbands for height restrictions. When you get down to the end of Main Street, on your left will be a board listing the major rides and current wait times. There they'll measure the kids and put a wristband on them so Cast Members will know if they are the right height to ride. I don't know if they have a printed list but I'm guessing that they know the ride limitations anyway. You can get one too! LOL I did for the heck of it. :D

PurpleDove33
05-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Last time I was there and was talking to a CM, I am not sure they are still doing that with the wrist bands for the kids. But hey it couldn't hurt anyway to ask. And have fun is the main point on going to DL anyway.

mrs_toad
05-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Make your reservation for the character meal NOW...you could actually make these up to 60 days in advance. Calling on a weekend is better than during the week, I got through a lot faster. The dining reservation number is (714) 781-DINE. Have fun...I'll be at DLR that weekend also!

Hakuna Makarla
05-02-2004, 07:07 AM
do they make the kids take off there shoes to measure them? if not how about a shoe that gives an extra inch :)

burnt33
05-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Well thanks for all the info, this has been a great site for planning this trip.
I think I will make the reservations now but here is another question ? what is better dinner of breakfast at goofys kitchen or do the characters all interact the same each time?

Oh ya how many days should we expect to take to see everything? Its now 2x the size it was 10yrs ago and we will be seeing it at a relaxed pace I don't want to ruin the experince by making my youngest keep up to an adults pace. We already have our 5 day parkhoppers is it possible to use most of the days if you take your time and see everything?

Mickeyslittlehelper
05-02-2004, 09:01 AM
To answer your last part. Last August we spent 9 days at DL and DCA, we took our time and saw EVERYTHING, but that would probably be too much for the normal person :~D

John

53 DAYS!!

mrs_toad
05-02-2004, 09:02 AM
I personally like the breakfast/brunch at Goofy's Kitchen. The food is great and there are always a lot of characters roaming around and dancing. There is a huge selection of food to choose from...breakfast and lunch items. After the morning meal at GK, we aren't hungry until late afernoon or evening.

Lekta
05-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey, I'll be there are the same time! Let's all pray the weather stays nice. Are you going to be going anywhere else? Or are you just planning on visiting the Resort area? If that's the case, 3-4 days is enough to see and do everything.

See you there!!

burnt33
05-02-2004, 09:21 AM
we are maybe hoping to see universal studios. Some in our group want to see the SanDiego zoo but I don't really want to,it means more driving and lots of walking I think. Next trip we will see more when the kids are taller and older, I just hope they like universal.

Yes nice weather would be great I wanted to enjoy the pool at the hotel also but I live in British Columbia the weather changes every 5 minutes here so we count on nothing :)