PDA

View Full Version : Time To Splurge!

MonorailMan
10-24-2001, 04:07 PM
I'm Think Of Getting APs For Me And Mom (I'll Pay Of Course), Whick One Do You Recommend? The So. Cal. One For Are Family Looks Like A Good Deal, And With A Parking Pass It Comes To $213. Now I Make That In 2 Weeks At The Library. Should I Do This? Is DCA Worth The Extra $120?

Ralph Wiggum
10-24-2001, 05:04 PM
I say go to DCA on your own and decide. No matter what any of us say, there is no way of knowing how you will feel about it. If you like it then you can get a 2 park pass...the ticket you bought for that day at DCA will contribute to the price of the pass.

MammaSilva
10-24-2001, 05:11 PM
at the risk of being stoned I have to agree... you need to go to DCA and check it out....IF you go in NOT expecting "Disney" it is easy to see the things that are enjoyable there....if you walk in expecting that Magic Dust to take over...don't bother ...

innerSpaceman
10-24-2001, 05:41 PM
Even I, a rapid DCA hater, must concur. Go and check it out for yourself. Since you can apply the cost of your passport to an AP, you've got nothing to lose.

zapppop
10-24-2001, 05:57 PM
I recommend the premium.

No blockout dates
Free parking
10% discount in shops and restaurants

If you visit frequently, it makes a big difference.

johnnyrad
10-25-2001, 02:48 PM
whats the big deal with the damn monorail? Geez, get a subway pass and knock yourself out.
DCA sucks it, dont waste your hard earned library money.

tabacco
10-25-2001, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by johnnyrad
whats the big deal with the damn monorail? Geez, get a subway pass and knock yourself out.
DCA sucks it, dont waste your hard earned library money.

Sez you :)

MonorailMan
10-25-2001, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by johnnyrad

Well we all have are favorite rides, some like space mountain, some like the people mover, I like the monorail.

And I will Drop By DCA To See How It Is.

innerSpaceman
10-25-2001, 05:00 PM
Ok, MonorailMan, since you're such a monorail fan - - what do you think of the newish Disneyworld clone style monorails as opposed to the old bubble top monorails?

This thread's not really about that, but I'd really like your opinion on the subject.

And to stick to the subject, uh, I've spent a lot of money on an extensive toy monorail layout, but would kill for an old Schuco monorail set from the way back.

Napsto
10-25-2001, 07:46 PM
well 213 for the ones you want is a better deal than 2 for 600. definatley check out dca though. you might love it