PDA

View Full Version : Changes To Haunted Mansion?

DJLCB
04-29-2004, 09:51 AM
My wife went on Haunted Mansion yesterday and she said the person hanging at the top of the elevator was "different" from what she remembered. She could not exactly put her finger on it but she said for the first time ever she actually was freaked out by it! She thinks maybe the hanging prop/person is lower, hence closer. Any knowledge of this or other interesting tweaks to the ride (except the obvious Halloween make over)?

Not Afraid
04-29-2004, 09:58 AM
There's been no change to the person hanging. I think what might have changed a bit is the lighting effect. He is just better illuminated so you can see more detail.

That's the only thing that may have changed enough for your wife to think there was an actual change to the hanging guy.

Laffite
05-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Rides rarely changes, but it's the mind of the person that changes (what? they added a new 2nd drop to POTC?? oh yea???)

sediment
05-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Disneyland is about half the size it was when I was a kid. Everything has shrunk.

CoasterMatt
05-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Maybe there's an EXIT sign or two up there...

Kevy Baby
05-03-2004, 01:22 PM
With all the new Exit Signs destroying the ride, and this is all she notices?!? I should have started wondering about her when she chose you as a spouse ;)

See this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=27907) for more info about the Exit Sign issue

mlnreplyer
05-03-2004, 09:22 PM
The only thing I noticed missing was the suit of armor near the floating candlestick. (Which, coincidentally, has been replaced with an EXIT sign.)

PurpleDove33
05-04-2004, 07:16 AM
Also what is missing is in the ballroom on the table, the hidden mickey with the plates. One time they moved it to a different setting place. But when I rode it this past weekend its not on the table at all.

mamabot
05-04-2004, 07:23 AM
It is still there, but hiding. Look to the right hand of the ghost blowing out the candles on the cake.

tod
05-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Also what is missing is in the ballroom on the table, the hidden mickey with the plates. One time they moved it to a different setting place. But when I rode it this past weekend its not on the table at all.

I was there on Friday Apriil 30 and there was a Mickey-in-plates on the downstage side of the table.

--t

PurpleDove33
05-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Thanks mamabot and tod for that info. I will look for it most likely when I am there this weekend. I hate all those bright green exit signs. The ones I think bother me most is when you are at the ballroom and you see the reflection of the ones behine you in the glass. I don't see why they have to be so bright. IMO, if they have to have that many of them, then have them dull until needed. Then they could flip a switch to where they could be brighter. But in a real case of an evatuation, don't they turn the lights on anyway? Hmmmm..

donatello3000
05-04-2004, 06:20 PM
I was there on April 1... the Mickey plates were gone. But on April 27, they were back. And yes, those EXIT signs were really bright. It's kinda strange how they'd brighten those up after dimming the lights in that one cave of POTC.

Disneyfreak
05-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Hopefully they fix this problem with Haunted Mansion Holiday. :)