PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland in October

Mommy2NicknMax
04-29-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm looking for information on going to Disneyland in early October. I tried to check Disney's website but the calender doesn't go that far out. Does anyone here know the park hours? Or if they still have Believe or Fantasmic in October?

Thanks so much!

sediment
04-29-2004, 11:27 AM
The Disney site usually has the official hours, and anything else would be idle speculation. Someone might know last October's hours. You could check the archives for past operating hours.
Weekends are more likely to have Believe and Fantasmic, though Fantasmic tends to go dark during the non-heavy-tourist season.

Nephythys
04-29-2004, 11:38 AM
I went in Oct 2001, there was no Fantasmic, and Believe was on limited nights, BUT, it is a GREAT time to go. Weather is great, crowds are better and just make sure you go when you can see the Haunted Mansion Holiday!

tlovesdis
04-29-2004, 11:40 AM
We were there at the beg of Oct last year. I know during the week DCA closes at 6 and DL at 8. I think on the weekends DCA closed at 9 or 10 and DL at like 10 or 11. DCA doesn't open until 10 during the week and DL at 9am. It's considered off season so the hours are limited. I know Believe wasn't playing and Fantasmic was Fri-Sat-Sun only. Also the light parade in DCA was only Fri-Sat-Sun.

Hope this helps!

Tina
Antioch, CA

LOYL2DZNY
04-29-2004, 11:55 AM
we also went the beginning of october last year for the haunted mansion holiday opening (oct. 4th i believe). DL hours were from 8am-11pm, DCA was either 9am-9pm or 10am-9pm. i remember that we were the last ones on main street and it was midnight. the park closed at 11 but we hung around to take pics and loligag. it was cool to see almost nobody but us and the clean up crew on main street. fantasmic was definitely running. we saw the 10 o'clock show...or maybe it was 10:30...can't remember. i don't remember seeing the fireworks...in fact i'm pretty sure they didn't have them, otherwise we would've definitely watched them.
i find that oct is the best time to go w/out getting the crowds. some rides may be down for rehab, and some shows may not be running, so that me put a damper on it for you. if you don't care about that, then you've got nothing to lose!
another really good time to go is the beginning of december. light crowds, fireworkds w/snow, and christmas decor. can't beat that!

tlovesdis-did you by chance go w/ the star 101 contest winners to DL?
my best friend and i won our trip to DL thru the radio station w/Don Bleu. we went for one day in the parks, but got to preview the HMH. i was just curious because your from the bay area and were there around the same time i was.
just curious!

Mommy2NicknMax-hope this helps and whatever the time of year you choose, have fun!!!!

tlovesdis
04-29-2004, 01:57 PM
No, unfortunately I wasn't one of those contest winners! It was our annual vacation and we went to San Diego also!

sleepyjeff
04-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Remember! October 1st is when the money really starts to roll into the Disneyland budget. Very good chance that many a tarp will be going up this month.

LOYL2DZNY
04-29-2004, 02:09 PM
No, unfortunately I wasn't one of those contest winners! It was our annual vacation and we went to San Diego also!

oh. you probably had a better time anyway. we were so rushed to get everything done. it just can't all be done in one day!

i'm leaving for my next trip on saturday morning!!! whoohooo!!!! :D

tstan70
04-30-2004, 05:37 AM
School holidays to consider:

In years past, some days in October have been incredibly busy due to Utah and Arizona schools having october vacation days at the same time. It looks like the Arizona schools have Oct 4-8 off for fall vacations this year and the Utah Schools are off on Oct 28-29 for the UEA conventions (people like to joke that UEA doesn't stand for Utah Education Assoc, but rather Utahns entering Anaheim)

Just a thought, but those days in October could be busier than expected!

LSPoorEeyorick
04-30-2004, 07:23 AM
One of my best friends--and fellow DL maniacs-- always visits in mid-to-late October. In 2002, neither Believe nor Fantasmic were running, but crowds were low and we were able to ride a lot of things. In 2003, it was the weekend before Halloween and the forest fires scared a lot of people away from the parks-- but Fantasmic *was* up on the weekends last year. October always seems to work out pretty well for us.

Terrapin
04-30-2004, 07:34 AM
With Matterhorn down for maintenance all of October, combined with the Space Mountain closure, I suspect ride lines will still be pretty long.

Tutter
04-30-2004, 10:42 AM
October last year was great - both Believe and Fantasmic were on as well as Haunted Mansion Holiday of course - so it definately is as good a time as any to go.

mamabot
04-30-2004, 10:49 AM
The earlier in the da you get there, the better chance you have of experiences more attractions. My family went the first Saturday in October and we were able to do everything in Fantasyland in just two hours.

The weather was pleasant, the park was not too crowded. Great visit to the park.

tlovesdis
04-30-2004, 01:14 PM
The first weekend in October for the past few years has been Gay Days so be prepared for crowds!

cstephens
04-30-2004, 03:06 PM
The first weekend in October will also be the opening of Haunted Mansion Holiday to the public.

Mommy2NicknMax
04-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info on crowds but I already expect it to be crowded. The only two times I've been were Aug. 03 and then again for Candle Light in December. So both times it was crowded.

I'm really more interested in hours and shows although I totally understand nothing is written in stone. I was looking for last years info and I should have been more specific.

Thanks for the replies and advice.