PDA

View Full Version : When/Where to buy tickets?

Werner
04-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi there,
I'm going to the Park on Friday and will be driving up from Carlsbad. What's a good strategy as far as buying tickets? I know the ticket booths out front of the main gate are usually so jammed it can take quite a while out there -- can I buy em at a hotel lobby, or a nearby Disney store?
Thanks!
David

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-28-2004, 12:35 PM
I believe you can buy them from the Disney Stores. Also, to the left of the main gate, near the picnic area, is a window that sells tickets. It's line is usually quite a bit shorter than the others.

Hakuna Makarla
04-28-2004, 03:12 PM
I thought I read some where that the motels sell them to,Am I mistaken? also buying them on line looks to be cheaper,but again I could be wrong. I saw a site that said, buy your tickets on line and save $55.00

oohykitten
04-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Just keep this in mind, only the tickets at the gate have a full 2 years on them. A park hopper bought at the Disney Store is only good for 13 days after first use. I get mine at the ticket booth in DTD near the monorail.

sediment
04-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Just keep this in mind, only the tickets at the gate have a full 2 years on them. A park hopper bought at the Disney Store is only good for 13 days after first use. I get mine at the ticket booth in DTD near the monorail.
I think all DLR park-hoppers expire 13 days after first use. that's what the Disney web site states. Why would it be different at the park itself (besides paying more for them)?

sediment
04-28-2004, 04:10 PM
I believe you can buy them from the Disney Stores. Also, to the left of the main gate, near the picnic area, is a window that sells tickets. It's line is usually quite a bit shorter than the others.
How about at The World of Disney store at DTD?

oohykitten
04-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Acutally that is not correct. Most of the ones on Disney sites, are five days for the price of three type of deal. 129 buys you three full park hopping days at the DLR for two years after first use.

Big Dog
04-28-2004, 04:40 PM
To be completly honest the best way to get tickets is getting them through a cast member or getting a cast member to sign you in. Seeing how you are from Calabasis, you probably don't know any castmembers so that idea is out.

I have found that the shortest lines are on the east side of the main gate (the side oposit of the main parking tram stop. I have only had to buy tickets twice sot I might have just gotten lucky those two times. As allways, Please feel free to correct me if you know better. :geek:

sediment
04-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Straight from the site, and note 4th bullet point, five-day bonus, for $129:

• A value-priced multi-day ticket entitling Guests to admittance to both Disneyland® Resort theme parks over a specified number of days, including visits to both theme parks on the same day.
• Park Hopper® Bonus Tickets include as a bonus, a $10 ESPN Zone® Arena Game Card valid at the ESPN Zone® in the Downtown Disney® District.
• The first visit must occur on or before January 3, 2005.
• All Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets expire 13 days after first use or January 16, 2005, which ever occurs first.
• Each day of use of a Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket constitutes one full day of use.

Straight from the site, and note 3rd bullet point, three-day, for $124:

• A multi-day ticket entitling Guests to admittance to both Disneyland® Resort theme parks over a specified number of days, including visits to both theme parks on the same day.
• The first visit must occur on or before January 3, 2005.
• All Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets expire 13 days after first use or January 16, 2005, which ever occurs first.
• Each day of use of a Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket constitutes one full day of use.

Maybe you're going to a different site? If so, please enlighten us.

oohykitten
04-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I'd be happy to,
http://www.mousesavers.com/dlticketprices.html
http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#important

oohykitten
04-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Darn it the quick reply was too quick:
Important Things to Know About Disneyland Tickets
Unlike tickets and passes at Walt Disney World, all multi-day passes at Disneyland expire. Full price passes purchased at the gate expire after 2 years. Most discounted passes expire 13 days after the first day you start using them. (Unless you use them up first. Naturally a 3-Day Park Hopper is "expired" once you've used all three days, even if 13 days haven't passed yet!)

also for s...ts and giggles:
Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use leftover days on a Walt Disney World Hopper pass at Disneyland or DCA! This is probably because Disney World Hopper passes cost much more per day than Disneyland passes, so Disney is actually coming out way ahead on the deal. Present the WDW Hopper at the gate on arrival -- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day pass. This information was confirmed as of April 2004.

sediment
04-28-2004, 06:24 PM
1. So, if I bought the five-day for the "main entrance price" of $184 (according to Disney's web site, which if incorrect would bring lawsuits), they would expire after two years?
2. But if I buy them at discount, then they expire after 13 days?
3. I take it there are two different versions of this pass printed up?

$55 more for an extension of 717 days. It's a good deal if you know you will go an average of exactly 2.5 times a year. if your travel plans are not set in stone, I don't see how this "premium" feature pays for itself.

I guess the part on Disney's official online site that states "all DLR park-hopper passes expire after 13 days" is not exactly correct, as there do exist park hopper passes that do not expire in 13 days.
Very disturbing.

oohykitten
04-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Yes it is, Mousesavers, well saved me money! I got the "non" special 3 day park hopper at the gate. Used it two days, then a year later used the last hopper day. Saved me money that is for sure. With the ticket prices ALWAYS on the rise, it does pay off in due time.

sediment
04-28-2004, 07:28 PM
The 3-day hopper pass with two years' expiration is only a $5 premium. That's an easier bite to swallow.
Very good deal for the infrequent guest. And, you don't have to stand in line to buy.
Still, it's $41.33 per day. Almost full-price. For me to pay to get in, I'd need a good $20 off. But there's no way I'd go 5 times in 13 days for the $25.80 per day deal.

Terrapin
04-29-2004, 06:26 AM
As far as avoiding long lines is concerned - there is the Monorail entrance in Downtown Disney. Ticket booths there are rarely crowded and you can avoid the sometimes long lines just getting through the Main Gates by taking the Monorail into the park.