PDA

View Full Version : Pins??

Lekta
04-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Ok, I claim ignorance on my part for this, but, what exactly is this business of pins and pin trading? I have heard that you need a lanyard.... umm, what exactly is a lanyard and why would someone want one. Guessing that it is vital in the whole "pin collecting", how would I go about obtaining this "lanyard"? I do believe that my wife would throughly enjoy collecting Disney pins, but, we have just been unable to fully grasp the ideas behind it.

Are there any sites that might give us some pointers? Suggestions?

Thank you kindly! :D

AVP
04-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Are there any sites that might give us some pointers? Suggestions? You don't need anything to collect pins except the pins themselves. SOME people wear a web lanyard around their necks while visiting the Disney theme parks to show off their collections (aka a "peacock lanyard") or more commonly to display the pins they are willing to trade with other collectors. You can buy the lanyards at all of the theme parks and hotels.

Other people store their pins in a variety of pin bags, binders, backpacks, boxes, trays, frames, drawers, etc, etc, etc. The smaller of these can be carried to the parks - you will often see people with small to large pin bags sitting near the pin shops, showing off their collections. Disney sells a selection of these storage bags - other people make their own.

The best Web site for pin information is dizpins.com.

AVP