PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Enchanted Nightmare blah blah blah

GongFishuang
10-24-2001, 09:25 AM
Does anyone else feel that the walk-around Jack and Sally characters seen at promotional events for press and APers look a bit.... scary ... and not scary in a good way, but scary in a WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!? way. Jack looks like a cheap made-in-China knockoff and Sally looks seriously UNDEAD. The other characters are pretty freaky looking too... I remember being young and being afraid of the Big Bad Wolf... and that was just a cartoonish character... these characters now look like something out of a REAL nightmare!

innerSpaceman
10-24-2001, 10:18 AM
Yeah, the NMB4Xmas characters are not done well at all. They remind me of the very early Disneyland characters that were so frightening I'm surprised the little kiddies of 1955 didn't run from the Park in horror. Admittedly, Jack Skellington is going to be a difficult character costume to come up with, but they certainly could have done better. Being that this old movie is going to be a cash cow for Disney, with annual HM makeovers and showings of the film at the El Capitan, I hope they do some major work on those awful costumes.

cstephens
10-24-2001, 02:18 PM
I've not seen them up close myself, but they looked great on stage at the October 3rd event, and they look great in the pictures I've seen as well.

DisneylandKid
10-24-2001, 07:55 PM
Click here (http://www.mouseinfo.com/updates/101901/characters2.php) for some good pictures of them.

zapppop
10-24-2001, 09:07 PM
They look fat !

Sally needs to lay off the pumpkin candy.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-25-2001, 01:59 PM
It would be hard for the guy playing Jack NOT to look fat - Jack is supposed to be stick-thin, you know. The only way they could do that right is with a marionette.

They did get kind of a plump Sally though. They'd never cast a plump Snow White, would they? :p

Other than that I like the costumes and wish I had one! ;)

zapppop
10-25-2001, 02:50 PM
I'm sure they could've cast someone else that's taller and thinner. There's one guy at my job that would make a good Jack S.

As for Sally, I guess she had some of those McDonalds french fries :p

innerSpaceman
10-25-2001, 04:55 PM
Maybe someone on stilts would make a suitably skinny Jack. (of course then the other characters would have to be really tall)

MickeyD
10-25-2001, 05:11 PM
Ok, first of all, the Sally they cast is NOT fat. But maybe they cast someone a little heavier in order to make Jack look more authentic, i.e. thinner.

Nigel2
10-25-2001, 10:14 PM
Yeah stilts are a good idea, but unless he was a super slow moving character like the shrub at DCA and AK, (that reminds me I need to get the hedge trimmer out:D) it would also be kind of hard for him to sign autographs of small children.