PDA

View Full Version : Where are the villains hiding?

missuniverse78
04-27-2004, 11:03 PM
Has anyone seen any of the villian characters around the park lately. My little brother is a huge fan of Jafar, and I was wondering if you could give us any ideas were to look for him, or any of the other villian's. Thanks :)

ChipmunkStar
04-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Villains aren't really the big thing at DL. The only "constant" meet and greet villains are the Queen of Hearts and Captain Hook. Recently the Queen from Snow Qhite has been making more appearances as well as Cruella DeVille. More come out around Halloween time (Big Bad Wolf, Snow Hag, Hades, Shan Yu, and yes, that's when you'll find Jafar).

More villains can be found in certain shows/parades (Maleficent in Fantasmic, Cap. Hook and Smee in Fantasmic, Lady Tremaine and her daughters Anastasia and Drizella in the Electrical Parade), and an actor protraying the role of Jafar can be seen daily in the Aladdin Musical at DCA. Also, try to make a trip to Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytale Adventures in Adventureland (Fri-Sun, 8 shows a day). Kazoo uses volunteers in each show, and one is picked to "play" Jafar. Fun times to be had, even if he isn't picked :) (sidebar: avoid asking the CMs there, the picking is done in the moment, and really can't be rigged [as I told another lady this weekend]).

merlinjones
04-28-2004, 06:26 AM
They are too busy in the strategic planning division in Burbank to appear at the park.

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Recently the Queen from Snow White has been making more appearances as well as Cruella DeVille.

The last few times at the park, we have spent more than a few minutes watching Cruella. She does a wonderful job and is really entertaining. She has the sneer and fake smile down so well. Even if you aren't into the character thing, she is worth spending a few minutes to check out.

I hope they keep that particular cast member around for a while because the people really seem to enjoy her.

DigitalLizard
04-28-2004, 08:21 AM
I saw the Wicked Queen AND Maleficent last month
in Fantasyland over near the carousel! I WISH I had
had my camera with me... I've NEVER seen them out
before!

LOYL2DZNY
04-28-2004, 08:22 AM
back in october, there were a few villains hanging out by small world. we saw the queen of hearts, the guy from pocohontas (not to slick on my history), the two from pinnochio (not good w/most of their names, i guess), and some other one....can't remember. i know i've seen jafar in adventureland, but that was like a few years back.

sediment
04-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Try Halloween. Apparently all the villains come out. There was a column about this.

wendybeth
04-28-2004, 10:16 AM
We encountered this villainess several weeks ago: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4183488&a=31070227&p=67843680

She was great; the girls requested her autograph and she sort of sneered, said something suitably cranky and then grudgingly complied. This is the first time I've seen any of the 'villains' at the park.

Forbin
04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Last month my daughter bumped into Captain hook as he was heading out to his assigned spot. She jumped 2 feet in the air and hid behind a tree..hehe

Afterwards she was going 'Where's Hook' all day. She wanted to wave at him again...

ChipmunkStar
04-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Yup, that would be "Villain Walk" out by Small World Mall. We've had it for the last two Octobers, and it seems to be the only really Halloween-y thing done in the parks anymore (Besides the Mansion overlay).

The villain from Pocahontas is Governor Ratcliffe, and the two from Pinocchio are Foulfellow and Gideon. Those two are out all the time as well (I just forgot about em...) A Halloween special villain from Pinocchio, though, is Stromboli himself (he is a really creepy looking guy!

WendyBeth- That's the Queen from Snow White :)

Edit to add: Zurg performs in the Club Buzz show daily, too

wendybeth
04-28-2004, 11:27 AM
Chipmunkstar:
"WendyBeth- That's the Queen from Snow White :)"

OOPS! Lol- I believe you're right; I guess I'd better go and edit the photo captions....:rolleyes:

Brian Noble
04-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Cruella

"It certainly is a pleasure to meet me, isn't it Dahling?"

sambo
04-29-2004, 12:39 AM
They are too busy in the strategic planning division in Burbank to appear at the park.

Hah! ...made my day with that one merlinjones :D

SCUBAbe
04-29-2004, 06:01 AM
I saw capt. hook dragging pouty wendy around. The girl playing wendy looked younger than the wendy in the movie.

LSPoorEeyorick
04-29-2004, 07:31 AM
We saw that Wendy two weeks ago, too... and it took me a moment to realize that it was the Disney-sanctioned character, not a little girl dressed up as Wendy.