PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Shopping Passes

Pirate Girl
04-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know if the Disneyland 1 Hour Shopping Passes are still available? I used them last summer with some friends and was hoping to use them again later this week. I just wanted to know if they are still around.

Pirate Girl
05-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Ok, I found out. They do still have them! You have to get them from Guest Services, not the ticket booths as in the past though. They are very accomidating about doing them and we were able to get one for Disneyland and then one for DCA with no problems at all. They even extended our one for DCA as the official time on it started 10 min before the park opened. They will accept any form of payment that the park regularly accepts for Shopping Passes, and then they just refund your money (or don't run your credit card...as the case may be).

lisap
05-03-2004, 05:52 AM
Yes, we had some fun with this recently. Just be sure to keep an eye on the return time--it would be painful to be charged a one day ticket for returning late to Guest Services.

cryan71
05-03-2004, 10:16 AM
So how many rides were you able to get in?

merlinjones
05-03-2004, 10:20 AM
Reportedly, they won't take a cash deposit for a shopping pass, only a credit card.

Pirate Girl
05-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Reportedly, they won't take a cash deposit for a shopping pass, only a credit card.

Well, they may not anymore, but they have done it in the past...that's what I did last summer as I don't have a credit card.

Pirate Girl
05-03-2004, 11:08 AM
So how many rides were you able to get in?
Well, we weren't really trying very hard...but we rode Alice and Snow White in Disneyland and Soaring in DCA...for future referance, you can get Fast Passes with shopping tickets.

I know I know, you aren't supposed to ride on a shopping pass. ;)

Werner
05-04-2004, 03:51 PM
So is there a cost for a shopping pass? How long is it good for?

Pirate Girl
05-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Technically it costs nothing, but they make you give them your credit card or cash in case you do not return by the designated time.

The pass is good for 1 hour.

TinkyWinky
05-04-2004, 09:48 PM
I went to get a shopper pass last Sunday, May 2nd, at 8:00 AM and was told by Guest Services that they weren't giving them out that day because of a "special event". Not sure what that meant - whether it was pin trading or something else going on - I just said thank you and left.

The moral of this story: call first to make sure shopper passes are being given out.

Bonus moral of this story: ask what the special event is before leaving!

The end. :D

TP2000
05-05-2004, 12:13 AM
It amazes me the lengths some people go to. I'm amazed.