PDA

View Full Version : Back from Disney... and OMG what's with AP holders?

Pages : [1] 2 3

SCUBAbe
04-26-2004, 07:32 PM
We did the tot today and now I fully understand why CM's must hate aper's . Some of them were so rude and their attitudes were horrible. I'm a bit embarrassed to be in that class now. On Sunday I overheard a few cm's talking about ap holders in not very nice way. I didn't get it until today....

On a brighter note the ride was amazing. We bought the picture and my daughter loved the gift shop. Our stay at the GCH was so perfect. That is a very nice hotel. All the cm's there are very friendly and helpful. We both enjoyed are stay and next time we're staying longer!

Thank you for the white water snacks tip. I had no idea it was there. We had one dinner there and breakfast. It was very good and my daughter wants to eat there all the time now...LOL

Disney Vault
04-26-2004, 07:35 PM
So what happened with the AP people?

IndianaJenn
04-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Please share. I am going tomorrow afternoon for the passholder preview and would like to know what to expect....

SCUBAbe
04-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Well, sarcastic remarks about the ride...cutting in line at the check out. One woman went to the register with her daughter. The one next to her opened up so I stepped up to it and she turned and slid her stuff down first saying "there's only one line"...I said I'm sorry I thought you were with them,,,indicated her children, and she snaps...there's just one line....I let it go, this was today....then sunday night during the parade one started screaming at my child. We went to walk down the hollywood street and there were people sitting there, but there was a space were you could walk through. We started to walk through and the lady freaked out. She started yelling that the walkways were to the left. I was shocked at her behavior and thought maybe she's was a CM, because why would she be so aggressive about the walkway, but no she had on one of those lanyards with her pass inside. I turned to the right and started to walk away and she started screaming again that the walkways were the other way....we just kept walking. My daughter asked why I didn't say anything to her and I said because we are above that type of behavior. It may be true that your suppose to use walkways when people are sitting waiting for the parade, but we didn't know and that wasn't a very nice way to handle it. I don't waer my pass so she had no idea if I was a first time visitor or not. There were several other things that happened that I forget the details to, but what I thought was not the best attitude. My dauhter asked me, "why do they act that way?" I really didn't know, but guessed it was because they feel entitled. My daughter then said, "well we don't act that way." and I told her she was right, because I don't feel entittled to the parks I feel it's a privilage and I certainly do not want to act in a manner that can ruin someones experience who may be going for the first time.

SCUBAbe
04-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Please share. I am going tomorrow afternoon for the passholder preview and would like to know what to expect....

they were not all bad the majority were very nice, but a few can sure put a damper on things. I had just thought it was over exaggerated. When the CM's were telling me how bad some AP holders were I thought they may be kidding, but I guess not.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. The ride was wonderful....and the few sarcastic remarks would ahve been forgotten if the realy rude lady incident didn't happen. Then I started thinking back to all the little things and it occured to me that although the majority of AP holder are very nice, decent people...it's the few a ran into today and yesterday that give them all bad names.

Kevy Baby
04-26-2004, 08:15 PM
It sounds like yet another case of an induhvidual giving the rest of us a bad name. The problem is not APs but a person who happens to be an AP. (And not to stereotype, but it seems to be that the ones who wear their APs on a lanyard seem to be the ones like this. Okay - rip me a new one.)

:sigh:

Mr. Fusion
04-26-2004, 08:24 PM
(And not to stereotype, but it seems to be that the ones who wear their APs on a lanyard seem to be the ones like this. Okay - rip me a new one.)
YES! I noticed that today, that many of the APers who "proudly" display their pass on a lanyard expect to be treated as nothing less than royalty. Now, I know there are some lanyard APers who are genuinely nice, but they're not the ones that stand out in my mind.

MonorailMan
04-26-2004, 08:27 PM
(And not to stereotype, but it seems to be that the ones who wear their APs on a lanyard seem to be the ones like this. Okay - rip me a new one.
Also the ones with the big lanyards that have the "passholder" logo. Please. :rolleyes:

cemeinke
04-26-2004, 08:29 PM
I believe the AP itself contains a power too great for mortals to withstand. Much as Smeagol was transformed into Gollum by the Ring, the AP has similar effects to we who hold them. Beware those with Premium Passes, for their corruption is much greater.

sleepyjeff
04-26-2004, 08:48 PM
I believe the AP itself contains a power to great for mortals to withstand. Much as Smeagol was transformed into Gollum by the Ring, the AP has similar effects to we who hold them. Beware those with Premium Passes, for their corruption is much greater.

Yes, but the "Hobbits" who tend to populate mousepad are more resiliant to the power of the AP.

:)

cemeinke
04-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Yes, but the "Hobbits" who tend to populate mousepad are more resiliant to the power of the AP.

:)Perhaps, but I doubt any has the power to cast off their AP into the firey depths of the Matterhorn.

Alas, we are all bound to the Dark Lord, Eisner.

Kevy Baby
04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Am I the only one who is imagining someone holding their pass between their fingertips, moving it forward and back in front of my face in the "universal sign of the PAP"? :fez:

tikiboy
04-26-2004, 10:26 PM
It sounds like yet another case of an induhvidual giving the rest of us a bad name. The problem is not APs but a person who happens to be an AP. (And not to stereotype, but it seems to be that the ones who wear their APs on a lanyard seem to be the ones like this. Okay - rip me a new one.)

:sigh:

You know what they say:

"Stereotypes reflect the truth."

RickW
04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
I see a heck of a lot more multi-day park hopper passes in lanyards than APs.

cryan71
04-26-2004, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a few APs are bullies.

Some of us APs should stand up to them since the cast members can't usually.

Slate
04-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Those people have no normal life and must try to feel important by placing the AP in a pouch around their neck and expecting royalty. The same people who abuse handicap spots because their too lazy to walk. (excluding truly hadicap people)

I have AP's for my family and they go into my pocket after entering the park.
If anything I yield to non-ap's because this may be the first or the annual / bi-annual trip and they should enjoy it to the fullest. Not saying AP'ers should not either, but AP'ers go more often and have more time to see everything.

99% of the time when I see someone acting like an ***, I say to my self "Enjoy your 5 minutes of fame because you got much deeper problems if you feel the need to act like that".

Bottom line is the minorty of AP'ers are rude and the Minority of them wear the AP is plain site. So this is truly the case of a very small number making a very large number look bad. :cool:

Not Afraid
04-27-2004, 07:29 AM
I see a heck of a lot more multi-day park hopper passes in lanyards than APs.
That's because most APs are not that geeky.:geek:

audibleatom
04-27-2004, 07:37 AM
i cant stand people that think they own disneyland...heh, ive got a great idea...lets give all those [deleted] DCA...what do you think??

04-27-2004, 08:35 AM
What's a day on MousePad without stereotypes, I ask you!

I do not own an AP so tell me if I didn't follow what you said:

I. All APers Misbehave
A. Attitude Problems
i. rude remarks
ii. sarcastic remarks
iii. cutting in line
B. They Can't Help It
i. beware the power of the pass
ii. it's an ego trip
iii. especially if the APer wears a lanyard and most especially if the lanyard has the logo

II. Hey, I Don't Do That Stuff
A. And I'm not alone - the vast majority of us are good guys.

III. Solutions
A. Whatever you do, don't wear it on a lanyard! It makes you crazy.
B. Call the bad boys on it when you see them caving into the power of the pass

Ohana33
04-27-2004, 08:41 AM
as a CM, i've encountered a view rude APers but not many at all... like most of the time, i can't pick out the APers because not all wear those laynards (but the ones who do, i can't help but smirck at... no offence to anyone). Personally, i feel like one time visiters are a little more mean about certain situations. like when a ride breaks down (and trust me, my ride breaks down every freakin day), they go on about how they paid 50 dollars, came from this place, and how they are going to complain to guest relations because DCA was terrible and the CMs who won't let her ride the ride were 'rude' (and yes, someone earlier said there are rude CMs... i can agree with that- after a 8 hour shift in the sun, people tend to be a little grumpy. there's no excuse, but it's hard to deal with thousands of people, some who aren't that pleasant. i can entertain you with tons of stories of guests who've made me almost cry for being so mean :crying: and some people just don't take that well, and those are the CMs that everyone seems to want to focus on, not the nice ones who made their day)... i understand their frustration, but golly, it's not my fault!
since i'm a CT (i only work summer and winter), i didn't work the tower event on friday night but my friend did. and he said a lot of the APers were very upset that they didn't get the big package. there were different packages that people could buy for TOT, so you could get pins or dinners or something... well the people who didn't get the biggest package felt entitled to get it, because they pay hundreds for a premium AP. i really don't feel like all APers are rude, i mean i was one until i worked at disney! but its with those special events that they think that they are bloody rockstars who deserve the VIP treatment. you're riding a ride before the majority of people! what more do you want?!

sediment
04-27-2004, 09:20 AM
TDA should take those AP holders' APs away. Refund their money, and tell them to come back in a year, after they've grown up.

Disneyphile
04-27-2004, 10:09 AM
<----- clutches her AP and strokes it gently

My precioussssssssssss. Oh my sweets, you gets us special treatment over those stupid fat tourists. *HACK*

lilblckrncloud
04-27-2004, 10:21 AM
i didn't work the tower event on friday night but my friend did. and he said a lot of the APers were very upset that they didn't get the big package. there were different packages that people could buy for TOT, so you could get pins or dinners or something... well the people who didn't get the biggest package felt entitled to get it, because they pay hundreds for a premium AP.
It sounds like this has less to do with having an AP than it has to do with being really, really dumb. The AP has nothing to do with a separate special event. I would imagine maybe these people were just venting and saying they thought they should have gotten some kind of a discount on the actual event packages because they have APs, but I really don't understand how they could possibly have been angry that they didn't just "get" the more expensive package simply because they have APs. That makes no sense. I have an AP, and I chose to buy the cheapest package, and I thought it was a GREAT deal! I couldn't complain about a single thing. I got my money's worth and more. I understand that an AP isn't a golden ticket into every event held at the resort, and I really don't see where anyone would have gotten that impression.

sediment
04-27-2004, 10:26 AM
What's a day on MousePad without stereotypes, I ask you!

I do not own an AP so tell me if I didn't follow what you said:

I. All APers Misbehave

This was not said.
Some do, and it's too bad that they make some AP holders believe that they'll be stereotyped for this minority's behavior. And it's too bad that when a CM encounters issues with guests, he or she can selectively remember only those with APs and AP lanyards.
To counter this, those AP holders objecting to the misbehavior of other AP holders must go out of their way to appreciate CMs. (AKA, resist the power of The Precious.)

mamabot
04-27-2004, 10:28 AM
The only time I have ever pulled the creepy AP card with a CM was after we had been approached by a solicitor in the parking structure. Someone had gone into the structure to ask for donations to her religious group.

We informed a CM and used the "I'm an AP and this really bothers me" in the hopes that it would make the situation seem more worthy of the CMs attention. Not a proud moment, but not even close to being an out AP tantrum.