PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Power Rangers?

disneyfn
04-26-2004, 11:41 AM
After Disney bought the power rangers several years ago ,nothing has been done with this property other than a few toys in the park stores.Has anyone ever seen a walk around character? How about putting them in Tommorrowland instead of Buzz. It could be also be shoot out ride with monsters and the vehicles could be different colors to match the rangers colors. Any ideas folks? :confused:

Cadaverous Pallor
04-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Oh boy. :|

So THAT'S why they sell Power Ranger dolls in the Small World store.

Pirate Girl
04-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Ugh. Personally, I saw Power Rangers stuff in the Disney Store when I went yesterday and it sickened me. Even when I was a kid I ranked Power Rangers among the lowest of low for cheap kids programing. And I loved them. I hate to think that in the future I could see Power Rangers "Whatever Version is Currently Running" characters wantering around the park. I just don't like that image being associated with Disney. Yech. I mean, I know kids like them, but there is a different version every week. It's enough that Disney has to muck up their Toon Channel with Rangers and Digimon and the like in that stupid Jetix segament, they do not need that garbage in the parks.

downingfamily1
04-26-2004, 02:05 PM
I completely agree with Pirate Girl, power rangers do not belong at Disneyland. :mad:

Disney Vault
04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
I have always hated power rangers. I was happy to hear disney bought the muppets but they wasted their money on the power rangers. And why are they on TOON Disney!?!

All That Glitters...
04-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Power Rangers are probably on Toon Disney because kids adore them! (It's all about ratings.) I agree that walk-around characters don't belong at the Park because I don't believe they are recognized as "Disney". However, my son is always happy to see the toys there. (And he would be overjoyed to see walk-around characters!)

Lost Boy
04-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Ahh, but WDW has them. In the MGM/Disney place they are walk around and photo op characters. They even had a small stage show at one time. Thats why the toys. I think cooler heads prevailed at Disneyland. I know - hard to believe.

ppmuse
04-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Honestly, anything non-disney in the park bothers me. Even seeing a barbie with a Mickey head balloon almost brought me to my knees. Then there was the "Barbie parade" at Disney World, should have passed out barf bags. Oh well. But I can tell you one thing, if I see Barney walking around, I'm not going to be a happy camper.

DrIndianaJones
04-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Death to Barney! j/k

Seriously though, if Disney added Power Rangers to the meet-and-greet character list I doubt I could contain myself. Buzz Lightyear for Tomorrowland is a bit of a streach, but if the PRs show up...nah, won't happen, we have Matt Oumet now.:)

jrad32
04-27-2004, 03:37 PM
The Power Rangers in Disneyland is ridiculous. What's next Voltron?