PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on Opening of California Adventure

mikala
04-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Hey everyone

OK, so I am writing a report on the many opinions on DCA. Can someone hook me up to some of the opinions on our park. I need to show my opinion, and some supporting my thoughts, as well as some that don't agree with me. This thing is due soon, just got it today. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

NirvanaMan
04-26-2004, 10:11 AM
He he...do a search. PLENTY of opinions have been raised about DCA on this board. Most...not so good. :fez:

DigitalLizard
04-26-2004, 10:30 AM
I like it, it is not bad for what it is, it will never be original Disneyland,
but it is worth seeing atleast once on every trip! (I'm 31 Female and AZ resident, AP holder) I guess I wish they had saved their money and
either had more rides to begin with OR just stayed with DL and expanded that.
As far as rides go, they are lacking in that dept... they DO need more rides,
and a few less restaurants (most of them are mysteriously closed or have
weird hours when I'm there!) They do have some cool shops there.
And you cannot beat Burrbank ice cream for the sundaes in the fresh
made waffle bowls. And when Sam Andreas shakes is open... they are SO
yummy!

My cousin loved it (Female 41, local so cal resident)
my BF hated it MUCH prefers original DL (Male 34 ex Cal resident
now AZ resident).

Hope you do well on your report! Good luck!

stan4d_steph
04-26-2004, 10:32 AM
I would also suggest looking at the news media (LA Times, OC Register, etc.) for around the time of DCA's opening to get some official journalistic sources. You shouldn't use all web sources unless that is part of the assignment.

sediment
04-26-2004, 10:33 AM
miceage
jimhillmedia
mouseplanet archives, before it got nice (when mean old Al AND cynical Jim Hill wrote here at the same time).
mousepad search. Especially if you can find the thread that has the PowerPoint presentation on how to build a profitable theme park, given by outside consultants -- TO Disney Management!!! I said, "TO DISNEY MANAGEMENT!!"