PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland's 49th Birthday?

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-25-2004, 07:46 PM
We are thinking about planning a trip to SoCal between July 4 and the 18th. Do you know of events that may be happening, or not happening, and what might be going on for DL's 49th birthday?

Thanks,
John

Disney Vault
04-26-2004, 02:33 PM
wait for the 50th when everything is open again.

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-26-2004, 08:05 PM
Ohh of coarse the 50th will be bigger and better but I will be there this year and I am wanting to know what to expect.

Thanks,
John

cemeinke
04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
If past birthdays are any indication, I wouldn't expect much. Maybe a small ceremony at opening, you might get a Button, it's possible you won't see anything at all. Of course, this is Matt's first birthday at the helm, so maybe he'll do something special - but certainly nothing to spoil the pending 50th.

ppmuse
04-27-2004, 07:10 AM
We went back 99, and I proposed to my wife on Disneyland's birthday. Nothing special happened. I don't even remember seeing a parade or a ceremony, let alone a pin. It was kind of disappointing. So I wouldn't count on much, if anything at all.

Grumpy4
04-27-2004, 04:17 PM
If you have the chance, always come! Beware: don't expect any pictures in front of the castle. It's going to be a dressed up with scaffolding all summer. It's nice that the decision was to start at City Hall first and work up Main St. instead of the other way around. I guess we all know how many tourists come during the summer to take pictures in front of City Hall and the Magic Shop!!